New horse! With photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter

Visit site
I was certainly not saying that you had done something to the horses. In fact, early in the thread I gave an example of a friend who had a lovely horse who only became symptomatic when moved home, to a more lush pasture. It was the same owner, same very experienced owner. Same thoughtful treatment, but the new land didn't agree with him. Once back in the previous area, he thrived again. Other horses she has in the new yard are fine, the new set up simply set that one off.

If it has been in two separate yards, in different areas, then this is not likely to be the case.

Thats a good example of how little even very experienced people know. Lush pasture would affect type 1s, but there is a lot more to it than not allowing access to lush grass sadly. PSSM doesn't just go away by changing grazing, for any variant.

Reactions: SEL

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
[Deleted quoted content removed]
I’m assuming you are very young and therefore don’t understand quite how unpleasant you are being. Can I politely suggest that you step away from this thread now. If you want to join in the discussion here in future - and there are some extremely experienced and helpful people on here - that you start with a different attitude and maybe don’t use your own name, especially as you are a minor.

Last edited by a moderator:

nutjob

Visit site
What I am saying is that the horse has had a genetic test which shows it to have a pre disposition to a muscle myopathy problem. It will have these genes for it's whole life who ever is the owner. It also has demonstrated a serious behavioural problem which may be linked to the genetic data. Many buyers would have appreciated being informed of this before purchasing the horse even though you are OK for this not to be disclosed.

Whether these genes cause you a problem may depend on other factors. The previous owner had the horse for a very short time, not enough to make a full assessment of whether there will be a problem with the horse in all situations. 8 weeks is not long and during that 8 weeks the horse has been laid up for a time with an injury. I am not suggesting that this is the fault of the owner or that they did not do the right thing just that it definitely has not been out doing Badminton grass roots qualifiers which they stated on this thread was their objective. They have not had an opportunity to do much at all.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I’m assuming you are very young and therefore don’t understand quite how unpleasant you are being. Can I politely suggest that you step away from this thread now. If you want to join in the discussion here in future - and there are some extremely experienced and helpful people on here - that you start with a different attitude and maybe don’t use your own name, especially as you are a minor.

Great advice.

You’re most welcome here @LaceyThornhill. But please take comments on here in relation to your horse in the manner in which they’re made - they come from a place of genuine care and experience.

Above all, remember that this is a discussion forum. Ergo we discuss ?

Last edited:
Visit site
Great advice.

You’re most welcome here @LaceyThornhill. But please take comments on here in relation to your horse in the manner in which they’re made - they come from a place of genuine care and experience.

Above all, remember that this is a discussion forum. Ergo we discuss ?
I don’t mean to come off unpleasant, but from my point of view the amount of comments against Ellie is not a nice doing. Imagine being from her point of view, but I’m going to step away from the thread as all I wanted to do was keep updated with him and seems some people dislike that clearly.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
[Deleted quoted content removed]
This thread has just turned out horrible.

Lacey Thornhill, please come back in 2 years and let us know how this lovely horse is. I hope you've still got him and he's happy and healthy. You're coming across as very young and naive, you've had him 2 minutes so unfortunately no one knows what his future will be.
We can all find you very easily on Facebook so be careful what you say about others. How's the lady that your horse knocked over?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fieldlife

Visit site
I don’t mean to come off unpleasant, but from my point of view the amount of comments against Ellie is not a nice doing. Imagine being from her point of view, but I’m going to step away from the thread as all I wanted to do was keep updated with him and seems some people dislike that clearly.

You’ve gone beyond an update that the horse is doing well. You’ve strayed into active criticism of C.

Visit site
This thread has just turned out horrible.

Lacey Thornhill, please come back in 2 years and let us know how this lovely horse is. I hope you've still got him and he's happy and healthy. You're coming across as very young and naive, you've had him 2 minutes so unfortunately no one knows what his future will be.
We can all find you very easily on Facebook so be careful what you say about others. How's the lady that your horse knocked over?
She’s doing good thank you, that was an accident as said and I apologised as he got loose. No point throwing that in my face as said was an accident and she was looked after..

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site

No one dislikes the fact that you’re thrilled with your new horse, and everyone will be wishing you years of fun with him.

The discussions around the lady who sold him to you are, in part, fuelled by her own previous comments, and her apparent off loading him so quickly.

You’re free to discount anything that’s been said - and I can see how you’d find them upsetting in relation to the horse. But remember, information on past history can be ammunition to your arsenal, and now you know that historically he’s had an issue you can read up on the symptoms and be prepared for them should they arise again.

Once again, good luck with him.

Flyermc

Visit site
What i find really weird about this thread, is that a horse was sold as a companion for a small sum to owner 1 due to a confirmed test for a generic issue which would likely cause health issues.

The horse was then sold on with no history, to a new owner (owner 2) who found out about the horses history, but didnt appear to be in the slightest bit bothered that they had been sold a horse (no doubt making owner 1 a large profit) without full disclosure and new owner was not unhappy(?) is that weird? id personally be fuming!

Then owner 2, then does the same thing again and sells to owner 3. Owner 2 is fully aware of history as they have clearly read the thread and yet again fails to tell owner 3, owner 3 finds out history, but is once again, not unhappy with owner 2 about full disclosure?

Bellaboo18

Visit site
What i find really weird about this thread, is that a horse was sold as a companion for a small sum to owner 1 due to a confirmed test for a generic issue which would likely cause health issues.

The horse was then sold on with no history, to a new owner (owner 2) who found out about the horses history, but didnt appear to be in the slightest bit bothered that they had been sold a horse (no doubt making owner 1 a large profit) without full disclosure and new owner was not unhappy(?) is that weird? id personally be fuming!

Then owner 2, then does the same thing again and sells to owner 3. Owner 2 is fully aware of history as they have clearly read the thread and yet again fails to tell owner 3, owner 3 finds out history, but is once again, not unhappy with owner 2 about full disclosure?
Yes all very odd...oh to be 16 again!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
if the new owners are only young, as a parent id be even more fuming that my child was riding a potentially explosive horse.
I'd also be having a discussion with the minor about internet privacy and how not to use ones name on adult forums, how to lock down social media accounts etc.
I think a good number here have already located the young person on Facebook etc. Potentially v worrying.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I'd also be having a discussion with the minor about internet privacy and how not to use ones name on adult forums, how to lock down social media accounts etc.
I think a good number here have already located the young person on Facebook etc. Potentially v worrying.

I think the only time (other than obvious spam) that I have reported a thread is 'that' Armas thread. I have reported this one and asked it to be locked and potentially some posts to be removed - it's clearly upsetting to @catembi , plus there is a vulnerable person (as a minor) involved, and things could easily turn nasty. Apologies if that is overkill, but it is making me feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Fieldlife

Visit site

Another who has found the young lady on Facebook. According to Facebook she’s 16.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Thats a good example of how little even very experienced people know. Lush pasture would affect type 1s, but there is a lot more to it than not allowing access to lush grass sadly. PSSM doesn't just go away by changing grazing, for any variant.

It's an explanation by Red of what she knows happened to one horse. I read it as the horse was receiving treatment which was successful until it was put on too lush pasture and successful again once the pasture was changed back.

Lush pasture is not recommended for any PSSM type.

Status
Not open for further replies.