New weekend plans!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
good luck - I'm pretty much always on my own competing, could do with a hand sometimes but ive got it all down to a fine art now. People at shows are usually very helpful, hold the horse while I nip to the loo or walk the course which is very nice of them
AE: Lovely and warm here!! But you basked in hot sunshine during our hideous winter....

Wheels, I used to go on my own all the time but the moral support has been great while the baby horse had baby moments! I'm only just feeling like there wont be so many dramatics now.

AE we had frost this morning!!! Brrr. It's still probably warmer here though than some places there!

Lammy

Visit site
I hope everyone has a great and successful weekend horsey or not. I might be able to squeeze in Eurovision but not sure.

I have the busiest weekend planned, car service Saturday morning, hack and then the afternoon spectator-ing at Rockingham horse trials.
Then Sunday taking young orange lad to his first XC training at MKEC. He’ll be awesome I’m sure :)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Almost forgot - also doing an Equine Assisted Therapy demo tonight to raise funds for our local RDA. Wish me, the ponies and the girls luck! Slightly nervous.... never work with kids and animals they say......

Asha

Visit site
I’m fence judging at Somerford on Sunday.

Sort of snap .. We are fence judging at Somerford on Saturday.

So AE , I am hoping to see you fly past this weekend !! Good luck .

Sunday is jump lesson. Really excited about it, as the last lesson was so much fun.

Good luck to everyone out and about, but cant help being a little bit jealous of Orchard14, a weekend in Paris sounds fabulous.

Reactions: TPO

Wheels

Visit site
Balmoral done and dusted, one to tick off the list and I've put a report thread up with pics if anyone is interested.

Had a quiet schooling session today, a bit of stretching and some basic lateral work mostly in walk. Similar tomorrow with a short hack (if I can get out when it's not too busy as the north west 200 is on and attracts lots of traffic) then XC schooling on Sunday although will treat it more like a hack with jumps :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Good start to a rather quiet weekend, Kira found her brave pants and we went out for a hack :)
It will seem like the tinyest thing to most people, but it really is a big deal for her to stride out round the lanes and tracks, Kira is the world's biggest wimp and finds it super hard to be out and about. Super proud of her and her little happyface today.

60325023_2495725930438902_6086127258689339392_n.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
Good start to a rather quiet weekend, Kira found her brave pants and we went out for a hack :)
It will seem like the tinyest thing to most people, but it really is a big deal for her to stride out round the lanes and tracks, Kira is the world's biggest wimp and finds it super hard to be out and about. Super proud of her and her little happyface today.

60325023_2495725930438902_6086127258689339392_n.jpg

That's brilliant! Well done brave kira

Pippity

Visit site
Tonight was one of those lessons that just leaves you feeling so happy and so fond of your horse.

We didn't learn anything new, but she was so soft and responsive. Everything I asked, she did easily and without any strops. She's really getting the hang of crossing her legs over to go a bit sideways. We did lots of trot/walk/trot transitions and, even though she was a bit out of breath, she responded really well every time. She even managed 10m circles in trot without losing her balance or rhythm.

I'm just so proud of her! When I got her, she was a bit like riding a plank. I'm sure a more experienced owner would have got a lot further in six months, but she's my first horse, and we're both learning as we go!

1558135519818.png

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Really enjoyed the EAT demo. My girls acted as clients and did really well. Katie was especially good at channeling frustrated-teenager. Jenny was unrestrained and behaved impeccably till the end when Amber was coming in for a different part of the demo and Jenny was to be haltered and led out. She decided being the centre of attention was great fun and went cantering and farting round the arena and would not be caught by the unfortunate child tasked with removing her..... fortunately she allowed me to approach and catch her so only caused a minor hiatus in the demo. And everyone probably thought was the best bit anyway so no worries.

There was also a demo of Western riding, a BBQ and raffle all in aid of RDA. We raised loads of money so very happy. And I won a mahoosive hamper in the raffle too, hurrah!

60340742_10217156726842884_8401196342986145792_n.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Did a bit of jumping today in our new Kramer bridle, which not only fit but he felt better in it! He was very excited and racing towards them which is unusual for Buzz 😅 ended up with a 90cm jump which was good for me 🙂
IMG_20190518_170344_536.jpg
FB_IMG_1558195491462.jpg

Look how chubby he's looking 😅

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Looking good Chippers!

I was at Somerford today and had a fairly Kamikaze XC round - I am not sure which fence Asha was at but I am hoping it was not 6 or 7! The aim was calm, controlled and clear - well I achieved the last but definitely not the first 2. :eek::eek:

And now to do it all again tomorrow with the ponies.....

scats

Visit site
Was feeling a bit rough today as had my future sister-in-laws hen do last night. I didn’t drink that much, but I can’t take my meds til I get home and one of them zombifies you for 12 hours as it is, so that on top of 4 hours sleep meant I’ve been a bit out of it all day.
But I did get on board Millie for a hack around the Farm tracks this evening and was nearly killed by a pheasant and then a buzzard.. why these things hide and then fly out right when I’m riding past them I just don’t know! So Millie was a nervous wreck after that and she’s stupidly spooky at the best of times, but we made it back in one piece.

Denbob

Visit site
Naughty horse flattened me in the field while I was setting up fencing - went to guide him between posts to the right side before the tape went up, he lost his brain and took off and I bounced off his newly erupted shoulders so a quiet afternoon for him and possibly tomorrow as I nurse bruised ribs and some serious friction burn. *swearwords*

Hacking tomorrow if I can haul myself into the saddle and stay there. Really hoping the enjoyment comes back soon.

As always, good luck all and have fun!

Wheels

Visit site
Was feeling a bit rough today as had my future sister-in-laws hen do last night. I didn’t drink that much, but I can’t take my meds til I get home and one of them zombifies you for 12 hours as it is, so that on top of 4 hours sleep meant I’ve been a bit out of it all day.
But I did get on board Millie for a hack around the Farm tracks this evening and was nearly killed by a pheasant and then a buzzard.. why these things hide and then fly out right when I’m riding past them I just don’t know! So Millie was a nervous wreck after that and she’s stupidly spooky at the best of times, but we made it back in one piece.
I bloody hate pheasants lol

I used to work with racehorses on a country estate with a shoot and the pheasants loved to sit in the barley fields next to the gallops so riding along at speed and they would fly up right as you went by - not pleasant those pheasants lol

JFTDWS

Visit site
Pheasants in the face are a regular occurrence around here too. They're better than the ones that panic and throw themselves into the wire mesh fencing that runs around the woods (alongside the bridlepath) and then get stuck and flap and squawk loudly as you're trying to pass :rolleyes:

scats

Visit site
We have 3 of the things living at the farm. Two males and a female. Of course the 3 of them are always in complete different places around the Farm ride and the grass is so long now that you can’t see them until they flap, sqwauk and fly out under your nose...
I’d quite like them shot really!

Bernster

Visit site
F was teachers pet yesterday and went really well in my xc lesson. Still jumping tiddlers but we’re both feeling more confident even though he’s still steadier into a fence than I’d like (but I suspect he thinks I want us to go too fast into a fence). Did some useful practise jumping on our own and going away from the group, which is really our main issue in comps right now. There’s a ode there in June which I’m hoping to get to.

Fiona

Visit site
I used to hack round a big estate with deer fences and the pheasants used to fly into it and flap all the time. My pony ended up completely pheasant proof lol.

We have some living in our wood now too, escapees from the local commercial shoot.

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think AE, well done though....

Brilliant pics chippers, my pony goes great in a micklem and dreadfully in a standard bridle, so it does happen.

Poor you denbob, gentle hugs x x

Fergus and I although not competing have had a great weekend.

Yesterday he jumped a grid in the arena, and persuaded me to put it up to 90cm...

I did flatwork.

Today we hacked hubbys mare and Daisy, then took Fionn in the arena. I put out 6 canter poles followed by a jump, and ended up jumping 90cm 😱😱😱😱 for the first time in about 10 years...

Then F pinched my pony and had a great ride on him, though i put the jump down... a little. A 7yo riding my 13.2 😱😱

Fiona

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Just got back from our ODE!
37 and a double clear, we placed 3rd :D

He was in one of his ‘I know best’ moods today from the start.. dressage was very spooky and tense but it was in a super scary indoor which he hates!!
SJ was so lovely and confident he didn’t look at any of them - shock!!
XC was slightly nuts:p I did have to growl at him over a couple as he is such a wimp!! I did nearly jump the wrong no 3 too haha but realised about 3 strides out..

He slept in the trailer the whole way home bless him!!

Back to boring BD next week ;):p
EF7482CE-38BB-4145-879C-C53F8AE59446.jpeg

Denbob

Visit site
Yay Fiona how fab!

Yikes Chippers that's quite a jump...

Well done BR2 absolutely flying in your picture!

JFTD I love your reports, looking good!

Having ruled out a cracked rib I did drag myself out hacking this morning, confusing gold star for Denzel after a few beautiful (but decidedly unasked for) canter transitions when trotting got too hard *facepalm* and for navigating the gates. Gold star was promptly taken away when I smacked him on the shoulder for eating and he bucked. It's a good thing he's pretty...
2019-05-19 18.37.14.jpg

Snowfilly

Visit site
Had a lovely outing with the heavy horse group and throughly enjoyed driving 17 hands of shire round a 4 mile loop of the woods. I think I made his owners laugh by saying he was easy to harness though; he was 7 inches smaller than my lad which is a huge difference when it comes to throwing breeching over their bums!

There was a Suffolk, a Percheron, several other shires and an assortment of ponies and cobs out as well, so a good day out if a bit bittersweet. I did get a bit emotional watching everyone load up heir horses and leave...after 5 months it still feels very strange to be horseless.

Wheels

Visit site
Some great outings this week by the looks of things, Brill photos :)

We went XC schooling and had a very unfortunate fall coming up a step out of the water. M just got it a wee bit wrong, left a leg and over we both went! He seems ok although got a couple of deep grazes under is chin, bit of a face plant but I cant find any other areas of concern. I'm waiting for the physio to see if she can come to check him over for me but he's had worse falls out in the field.

I'm nursing a very sore thumb but otherwise fine. Need a new skull cap and lost my whip but feeling lucky right now!

Before that we were having a blast, he was totally in his element and jumped everything brilliantly.

scats

Visit site
Some great outings this week by the looks of things, Brill photos :)

We went XC schooling and had a very unfortunate fall coming up a step out of the water. M just got it a wee bit wrong, left a leg and over we both went! He seems ok although got a couple of deep grazes under is chin, bit of a face plant but I cant find any other areas of concern. I'm waiting for the physio to see if she can come to check him over for me but he's had worse falls out in the field.

I'm nursing a very sore thumb but otherwise fine. Need a new skull cap and lost my whip but feeling lucky right now!

Before that we were having a blast, he was totally in his element and jumped everything brilliantly.

Hope you are ok x