New Year's Resolutions?

Pippity

Visit site
For me - stop buying bloody matchy-matchy! She only wears it for schooling, and we spend most of our time hacking, where she's in a basic Weatherbeeta pad (because it wicks sweat amazingly well), which is covered up by all our hi-viz anyway.

So, 2022 will be the year of No New Saddlepads.

Anybody else got any resolutions?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I don't normally do resolutions but I have some this year.

Get my boys settled into livery and learn how to hand over responsibility for them to somebody else after 31 years of looking after them myself.

Have fun being able to go away without having to sort out cover for the horses and constantly worrying while I'm away about whether the cover has turned up and whether the horses are in one piece for the cover.

Make the absolute most of the fabulous facilities at the place in planning to livery.

Get Joe into real work and work out whether to find a sharer for him.

Cob Life

Visit site
1. Work on our canter work - specifically the trot-canter transition
2. Attempt a novice test (even if it’s online and goes completely wrong) hopefully if we work on canter this shouldn’t be too bad as his leg yield is okay and he can actually do a nice counter canter but the transition let’s us down
3. Try hacking and find some local hacking buddies

SEL

Visit site
I've signed up to do a horse massage course to try and keep mine ticking over between professional visits - so resolution 1 is to complete that. Resolution 2 is to have a go at an E-rider online test with the hackamore on shorty. It'll be HC but I just need something to focus on.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
it was going to be saving money. *dry laugh*.
i will still try and save money but i expect the vets bills will continue to stick spanners in left, right and centre.
Um....
then i was going to say spend less time online and more time doing meaningful things. That really means adios HHO so I'm not sure it's realistic! :p

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Too much is outside of my control still for me to be planning much, but having re-discovered a riding buddy from way back who has recently returned to horse ownership I hope at least to have an incentive to get out and about more and make the most of my fabulous mare.

Other than that, I’m going to attempt to stay away from heated forum discussions (that one will last about five minutes I expect).

Peglo

Visit site
I want to improve my riding and to jump Tali. She’s not done any jumping yet (other than jumping over streams on the beach) but would like to pop a few jumps.
Everything with her is so much fun so I’m looking forward to doing that together.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I'm going to be stricter with my pony ?.
I must admit I let him get away with too much especially when I'm not riding him. No more diving for grass when being led or pinging my coat toggles and hopefully no more walking sideways in front of me. Also better mannered at standing back when his haynet is being hung up.
That's the plan , hopefully I can stay stronger minded than him ?

Petmurf

Visit site
I need to stop spending on them, I’ve decided it’s actually ridiculous and just plain stupid. They all have so much stuff and it’s almost an obsession. I bet I shop online everyday almost :(

Me too ? every time I see someone mention something on here I end up looking, the boy and I have way too much stuff and don’t need anything else. Also keep away from Amazon, I don’t need anything!

Ride more
eat less
drink less
and get my bum to the gym

Upthecreek

Visit site
I plan to get back out competing. I’ve done bugger all the last few years because I’ve been happy taking a backseat so that my daughters can event. I feel now is the time for me to get back out there or I never will. I miss the buzz and how it gives me so much more motivation for training when I have something to aim for. My eldest has done all the hard work with her horse so I’m looking forward to ‘borrowing’ him for the odd event and she is very happy to share him and be my support, so hopefully should be fun.