No Olympia Thread?!

Visit site
The Shetlands get loads of rosettes so they can throw them into the crowd! They defos don't go home empty handed! And as to getting to race at Olympia ... you don't want to know! Just enjoy the show and don't ask for details 😂😂😂

In the junior show jumping - who is teaching these kids to ride!?!?! Or more likely - teach them to haul and kick?!?!

jumbyjack

Visit site
I did not like the Friesians at all, they looked seriously unhappy and very sweaty. Didn't like the guys tearing about and climbing all over their peed off looking horses. The kiddie jumping was dire, bouncing about, long stirrups with feet thrust toe down, horrible to watch apart from the child who won who did really ride.

Loved the rest of it with a few reservations about some horses looking like a bondage shop. Shet's were great, driving great and lots more very enjoyable. Finale was a bit odd, didn't loads of horses used to come into the ring? Not quite sure why the contortionist lady was writhing about on the glitter ball though.

Griffin

Visit site
I was a bit confused by the finale too when I was there on Saturday. Most of the show jumpers on Saturday afternoon threw their rosettes into the crowd. I didn't like some of the tack that was on display though, some of those but and bridle arrangements looked awful. Some of the nosebands looked incredibly tight too.
I do like Olympia though, it's very festive and always reminds me of when I was a little girl and used to watch it on the TV.

lar

Visit site
In the junior show jumping - who is teaching these kids to ride!?!?! Or more likely - teach them to haul and kick?!?!

I saw the kids SJ at Liverpool last year and said much the same thing - haul, kick slap just go as fast as you possibly can.

SpringArising

Visit site
Still catching up... how many times does Andy want to keep banging on about Luca's lack of 'drop nose band, martingale, fancy bit' etc. as if it's some sort of Christmas miracle that a horse can in fact be ridden in basic tack?!

It's refreshing to see given he's the only person at the show without anything but get a grip!

stormox

Visit site
Whoever said the rosettes were meant for the audience?? It takes a lot of preparation and hard work to win one - hold on to them and treasure them..... I do mine then in the dark days when you are down and feel like giving up (times you always get with horses) look at them, be reminded of the good times and be inspired again :)