No one else wants to leap in? Weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
As I have mainly dull weekends at the moment I thought someone else might start it :p

Ho hum, here we are again. What's everyone got planned?

Salty is going to arena hire tomorrow afternoon and then some hacking. I will probably get K out to a long arena too over the weekend, I want to practice some long diagonals and she desperately needs to be wellied up centre lines to stop her anticipating the halts :eek:

Lesson on Wednesday, might actually get video of that as I've got a friend tagging along :D

Have fun everyone

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I just figured this was your job on HHO? No? ;)

Skylla is off to do P18 and N27 on Sunday, time to see if the attitude is under wraps as last time at this venue some of the Kevin escaped mid test :eek:...

Topaz is off the regionals at Myerscough on Monday, :eek: hopefully we can keep going from last weekend!

{97702}

Visit site
This is getting as bad as who posted the Rocks and Sucks thread..... (full marks to anyone who remembers that! :D )

Jensen has a flatwork clinic on Saturday and we are going arena Eventing - can’t wait :) probably I’ll fall off or something now.....

Embo

Visit site
Prep & final run through of dressage tests on Saturday, ready for N30 & E49 on Sunday! Our first Elementary! Just an unaffiliated at a local-ish place. I think getting the warm up right will be the trickiest bit, TBH. We can do all the movements, just hope we have enough energy to get round :D

Have fun at arena hire MP, I'm learning how troublesome anticipation can be so best of luck with not halting!

AH, I'm looking forward to to your show reports next week, best of luck!

Lev, am sure you'll be fine! Just relax and enjoy it, Jensen is a star, you'll have loads of fun :)

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Have fun everyone!

I'm off to arena eventing on Saturday. Rather dreading it actually, the last time we went to this venue (December) we got eliminated in both classes, Henry wouldn't go near half the jumps and I fell off! Was not a good day and there might have been some tears involved afterwards... BUT try, try and try again! And try again we will! We're doing 70cm and 80cm, the same as last time, which I know he is capable of he just hates this venue. But I'm hoping that with a new jumping strategy we've been trying, and the confidence he's gained in the last few outings, we might at least make it over all the fences!

Am also planning on trying out some of the noise cancelling ears to see if they help, as he is quite reactive to noises when he can't see the source, and I feel that the sound magnification/echo in an indoor arena might be adding to his problems...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Rara is sending me for hanging off the back training... on my own :eek3: :p

Apparently it should be helpful, I am not sure if that means I'm doing a rubbish job or as I likely suspect it is about to get a whole lot more technical :D

j1ffy

Visit site
Have fun everyone! Good luck at your first Ele Embo, we did E49 last week and the video is up on the old weekend thread if you fancy watching how a short-legged Spaniard got round it ;)

I may have a jump lesson on Pocholo on Saturday, after all the dressage-ing I feel he deserves some fun! Then a BD test riding clinic with a list 1 judge on Sunday - I'm taking Indio to do E53. I desperately need test riding help so I hope it'll be useful! I also need to start getting Pocholo out for longer hacks as we're doing 70 miles around the Peak District in June (plus it'll help get his belly down while the Spring grass starts coming through...).

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I'd love to participate but currently grounded and probably will be a for a good few months yet :(

Dusty M Yeti

Visit site
I will spend the weekend trying to calm little mare down. Since our arena xc training last Sunday (at which she was a superstar) she has been completely wired! Coupled with the cold weather we've had this week and riding early mornings due to my work times and her very quick reactions, I have had several 'interesting' schooling sessions this week :eek: I would like to hack out both days just to relieve some tension and slow her brain down a bit.

Good luck to all competing, arena hiring and lesson-ing ;)

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think I'm mostly going to be washing a tail, repeatedly, trying to get it white-ish again after a winter of neglect. And hopefully we'll get out in the trailer for a nice hack again but we shall see, weather not looking great.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm taking Skye and Fergus to polocrosse training on Saturday - Skye for me and Fergs for a friend and (ex) HHOer who is coming to have a go. We have three incredible players coming over to coach this time so it should be a good session. I'm just hoping the mare keeps on polishing her halo and behaves herself :eek3:

Then on Sunday a few of us are going over to Warwickshire for some on foot polocrosse training without the ponies, which should be good fun.

blood_magik

Visit site
We’ve just had a jumping lesson with a new-ish trainer who is a little stricter re the rider’s position than my usual one. She ended up introducing a forfeit - every time I looked down to make sure my left hand was still attached, the water jump went up two holes ;)

Apart from my wandering sightline we had a good lesson. I just need to stop overthinking things and then we’ll be grand. :D
Polework Friday and then i’ll Probably give him Saturday off as I think I’ve got a lesson booked for Monday at usual trainer’s yard.

The baby is ticking along quite nicely again after last week’s tantrums so i’ll be letting her go free range over the weekend and hoping our steering still works when we start cantering without the safety of being on the lunge. :eek:

Not quite sure what my plan is for Raz just yet. I quite fancy doing some hill work but need someone to come and play nanny. Might pop a wee course of poles out for him to give him something different to do as he’s done plenty of gymnastic work already this week.

Good luck to all out competing this weekend :)

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm doing an unaffiliated dressage competition (trailblazers qualifier) with my big cob. The little cob is trotting full laps of the school and light hacking at the moment, so I will do a little bit more with him over the weekend. This building back up thing takes ages! Then on Sunday big cob has a jump lesson and then we are going to go on a farm ride for a blast :)

Snowfilly

Visit site
Sat morning one of the youngsters is going to a bew home; he arrived as a 16 week £10 foal from the drift sale a few days before Christmas and is leaving as a strapping 5 year old who is going to be produced as a lead rein / pc pony over the next few years. Happy and sad at the same time.

Sunday I'm borrowing the fjord for some jumping again. We had a double clear and a clear / one down in the last jumping, then eliminated a fortnight ago in combined training at fence 2, so fingers crossed and legs on.

Have fun everyone else, hope the snow and ice don't head north and spoil it for everyone

mavandkaz

Visit site
Quick run through our tests tmw, and then we are off on Saturday for our first BD of the year - N22 and N30. Could be interesting as it is a new venue for both of us, and he's been quite sharp lately. Plus the weather looks awful.
Then probably a hack on Sunday

dixie

Visit site
I’m hiring an indoor school to ride my horse to see if he’s sound or not. He’s had a steroid and Arthrimid injection 4 weeks ago and if this doesn’t work then nothing will. Fingers crossed and good luck vibes please. He’s s cracking little horse and I can’t have two 10yr olds that are unrideable.

NZJenny

Visit site
Going for an early morning blat on the beach on Saturday. Hopefully schooling at the local arena on Sunday, but the remnants of another tropical cyclone are heading our way, so might be a tad wet.

spookypony

Visit site
Sadly no weekend plans as family event, but am excited that schooling going well with the Ballerina Mare, and she's getting fitter as has to do long hacks on her own. The week's target is to get the Spooky Pony out 2 more times being led from the Ballerina Mare, to get his rehab on track. The two of them haven't quite comprehended how ride and lead works, yet!

Embo

Visit site
Have fun everyone! Good luck at your first Ele Embo, we did E49 last week and the video is up on the old weekend thread if you fancy watching how a short-legged Spaniard got round it ;)

I may have a jump lesson on Pocholo on Saturday, after all the dressage-ing I feel he deserves some fun! Then a BD test riding clinic with a list 1 judge on Sunday - I'm taking Indio to do E53. I desperately need test riding help so I hope it'll be useful! I also need to start getting Pocholo out for longer hacks as we're doing 70 miles around the Peak District in June (plus it'll help get his belly down while the Spring grass starts coming through...).

Ooh thank you, I will go and watch now!

I'd say def have a jump, I always find it refreshes B after lots of flatwork/dressage. Especially if Pocholo enjoys his jumping, he works hard and deserves a treat I'm sure :p

j1ffy

Visit site
Ooh thank you, I will go and watch now!

I'd say def have a jump, I always find it refreshes B after lots of flatwork/dressage. Especially if Pocholo enjoys his jumping, he works hard and deserves a treat I'm sure :p

He does indeed! I've booked a lesson for 10am tomorrow. I had hoped to do the BD combined training with him again this year but life got in the way! I'm eyeing up a few ODEs though and maybe even the H&H 3DE at Keysoe...

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Good luck to those competing. Have fun those out adventuring (beach ride sounds awesome). Commiseration for those grounded....

I am absolutely bricking it because a few weeks ago in a fit of enthusiasm and confidence I booked onto a pre-season eventing clinic with..... Jeanette Brakewell. (EEEEEEK). I said I was aiming at BE90 - and indeed I am - but that was before I fell off last week just by popping over a 70cm showjump. Argghh. I need to remind myself that I schooled over BE90 jumps all last summer and even jumped a whole BE90 XC course clear so I am not going to look like a novice numpty. Nor will I die! It will be fine.....it will be fine....it will be fine......

Mule

Visit site
I've been on a mission to vary our hacking. Have done some exploration and discovered some nice places I can bring him to in the box. I'm planning to go on Sunday

Mule

Visit site
I’m hiring an indoor school to ride my horse to see if he’s sound or not. He’s had a steroid and Arthrimid injection 4 weeks ago and if this doesn’t work then nothing will. Fingers crossed and good luck vibes please. He’s s cracking little horse and I can’t have two 10yr olds that are unrideable.

Best of luck

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Had a very frustrating and disappointing day at arena eventing today. After a brilliant jumping lesson last night, where we ended on flying a full up 90-95cm course, with a grid down to a 95cm oxer, went into it feeling relatively confident we could at least get round...

70cm he was actually pretty good, a thousand times better than last time! Had a couple of stops and some slightly questionable scrambles, but he jumped everything, including some things he wouldn't go near last time, and in a class with only 3 clear rounds I was pretty happy with him!

And then there was the 80cm. It was a total disaster. From the word go he was just not on side at all. I don't really know why, I couldn't see any reason for it. It was over the same course as the 70, and he's plenty capable of the height, but he was just not having any of it. Had 3 stops at fence 2, just a regular showjump which he didn't look at in the 70, before I finally got him over it. Got him over the next 5 showjumps just about but then he stopped again at the first of the XC fences so definite elimination. Tried to get him over at least one of the XC fences, but he just wasn't on side, so just jumped fence 1 again and finished there. I just felt that rather than opening his canter and moving forwards like we've been practicing, he was just rushing and not thinking. So frustrating because I can't work out why he was so awkward in the second round! He's usually the kind of horse who is better doing 2 rounds. *sigh* remind me why we do this again?

He earns some points back because yesterday was the first time I've ridden him in 3 weeks, and also the first time he's jumped in 2 weeks. Plus his spooky behaviour was MUCH better than it's ever been, which is a positive. I know that he hates this venue, but it's not really an excuse for the 80, that was just naughty! I am getting the physio and saddle fitter out just in case (he's due anyway) but if there was something off there I'd have thought that he'd be showing more consistent signs? I have a feeling that this is just another stage of testing to see what he can get away with, now he's not generally actually scared/worried about the fences themselves... I also think he deserves points for being such a complete gem on the ground and to handle/get ready, makes my life easier!

Hope everyone else had/has a better day than me!

Snowfilly

Visit site
First half of weekend was a success - youngster was loaded and sent on his way in the rain. He was good to load, but freaked once he was on the lorry, reared up and got his forelegs over the partition which is quite impressive given he's 10.3! Unhooked him, cross tied him rather than a normal tie and he travelled and came off like a dream.

Here's hoping he gets many years of making small children happy - .