No words

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
You are right, I can't find the words :( I'd throw the book and something much heavier at her. To see the poor horse limp away, heartbreaking from behind a computer, can't imagine what the owner/rider must be going through.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just shocking.

Surely horrendous and purposeful dangerous driving like that should carry a bigger punishment?

rowan666

Visit site
Wow that is beyond disgusting! Surely that is attempted murder of both horse and rider as well as leaving the scene of a crime and reckless driving or whatever they call it! I'm amazed that wouldn't carry a serious custodial sentence!

ETA I don't know weather it's in best interests to share this or not? Given that it shows people can do this and get away with it!!

Last edited:

Goldenstar

Visit site
The stupid ( insert word that will get me an infraction here )
And yes she should get the strongest pentalty allowed for driving without due careand attention.
I wonder of they could care her for leaving the scene of an accident as well because that was a hit and run .
And the rider should consider suing cost of treating the horses injuries and her distress and anything else she can think of including the loss of the enjoyment of her Horses future .

maggie62

Visit site
Did she report accident ?...........if not leaving the scene of accident should be taken into account too. I just don't understand these idiots. What a terrible shame for horse and rider, so sad and avoidable.

ozpoz

Visit site
Unbelievable. She shouldn't be allowed to drive ever again. I agree re. suing - the rider and horse could have been killed.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Dear God, that is horrendous! How deliberately driving at an animal can be classed as driving without due care and attention is beyond me. The evidence is there on the camera that the idiot driving the car deliberately hit the horse, would the driver have been done for careless driving if they had deliberately run down a pedestrian? I would also hope that the police breathalised the driver.

Shantara

Visit site
I wonder if it was a case of road rage. People with road rage are so scary! I had a van driving about an inch from my bumper the other day, weaving around and waving his arms like a mad man! I dread to think what he'd have done if he'd come across a horse :(

Poor horse and rider, I really hope they can get through this and they rethink the drivers punishment!!!

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Can people not take out a private prosecution to re coup vets fees, stress caused etc, sue the pants off them?
The driver should not get away with it, when WILL the government and the law take these sort of actions seriously, so many horses and riders getting killed and injured.
How many more before they haul the people responsible in front of a court and slap a punishment on them that fits the crime.

Last edited:

holeymoley

Visit site
Apparently the car was found with driver and passenger a few streets away hiding up at the side. Someone blocked them in so they couldn't escape before the police came. Giant hoof shaped hole in the windscreen . I've not heard any update on the horse though?

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
The video is still there, I just watched it. What on earth possesses someone to behave like that? It looked to me like the driver deliberately drove into the horse.

zaminda

Visit site
That looked deliberate, and even if that was not the case her insurance will be get a call for sure, as you can't damage property or people with a car and not pay up. My horse is far more than property, but not in the eyes of the law.
It is definitely more than careless driving, and she fled the scene of an accident. There is much more than the police are charging her with, I hope that doesn't remain the case.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Given the legal result for the accident round here (the one where he crashed into two horses at speed) I wouldn't be holding out much hope for satisfacatory result legally.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
That's horrific.
No way on this earth is that driving without due care and attention. Assault surely...? The authorities really need to take driving offences seriously - cars are weapons, and far too many people without the wherewithal to handle that responsibility have them.