No words

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I think it’s not deliberate. The driver did not see the horse. The only way they did not see the horse was due to being distracted. The most realistic reason for being distracted and leaving the scene of an accident would be they were on their phone.

We were nearly taken out by a van driver a few weeks ago and he slammed the anchors on at the last minute when he saw us. He was coming towards us in normal weather conditions on a straight road with us on light coloured horses and decked out in high viz. - the only way he didn’t see us until that point just before he collided with us, was he had his eyes shut or was looking at *something* else. I was sure he was going to hit us and there was no where to go (narrow road) to avoid him.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I think it’s not deliberate. The driver did not see the horse. The only way they did not see the horse was due to being distracted. The most realistic reason for being distracted and leaving the scene of an accident would be they were on their phone.

We were nearly taken out by a van driver a few weeks ago and he slammed the anchors on at the last minute when he saw us. He was coming towards us in normal weather conditions on a straight road with us on light coloured horses and decked out in high viz. - the only way he didn’t see us until that point just before he collided with us, was he had his eyes shut or was looking at *something* else. I was sure he was going to hit us and there was no where to go (narrow road) to avoid him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case FW, either phone or SatNav, if the driver wasn't local.

*Sahara

Visit site
It doesn't matter where they're from, it also isn't the fact it was a horse they hit. What matters is the fact that they drove into a large object, seemingly without seeing it and buggered off.

So, driving without due care and attention, plus failing to stop. I have my doubts that everything was legal as far as the driver and their vehicle is concerned.

This^