Nullarbor

Bossanova

Visit site
Just heard from one 'in the know' that it was a broken neck
frown.gif

Several others pulled up lame, including Lucinda's ride who has a suspected stifle injury

Hemirjtm

Visit site
I almost went today, can't work out wether i'm glad or not about not going
frown.gif

Thats a total shame, saw him at Badminton and thought what a fantastic horse (well they should be if theyr are going round Badminton
wink.gif
) But he really caught my eye
frown.gif
I still can't believe he's gone
frown.gif

RIP big man
frown.gif

Gonetofrance

Visit site
What a horrible thing to say......... I hope you never make an error that results in a fatality to your horse, and have to suffer remarks like you have just made.....
frown.gif

He could have broken his neck as he went down with a heart attack. It happens.

X

xspiralx

I didn't see it, so can't make a judgement, but I'm sure he will be absolutely devastated for what has happened. Not one of us can say we've never made a mistake, but most of us have been lucky enough that it hasn't ended in the death of a beloved horse.

RIP Nullabor, poor boy
frown.gif

lucretia

Visit site
you are disgusting to say such a thing. remember to hide next time i see your barely good enough to get riund a two star person at an event. how dare you.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He could have broken his neck as he went down with a heart attack. It happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought was heart attack
frown.gif
and maybe it did have one, hence going wooden round the corner and C not being able to do anything, in which case i retract everything i've said, but in my view he still came round the corner too fast on the wrong leg unballanced..
I've never questioned how heart broken he will be or how much he loves the horse!!
But IF it wasn't a heart attack, lets just call it a laps in judgment.. mistakes happen at fences, there wasn't a fence involved here.

lucretia

Visit site
you sanctimonious little madam. the day you ride half as well as clayton on a bad day wil be the day you are entitled to comment.

elliebean

Visit site
That may well be the case (I didn't see the fall so can't comment at all), but what is there to gain from 'blaming' anyone? I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but sometimes it is not necessary to share them. This was a horrible accident which resulted in the loss of a lovely horse. My thoughts are with the people who have to deal with this heartbreak
x

gloster_image

Visit site
Well said!!! We all make mistakes and to pay for it with the life of your horse who he has a massive partnership with is tragic.
RIP for an amaaaazing horse just tragic
frown.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
the day i do even a fraction of what he's done i'll be a very happy person!!
I don't doubt the way he rides!! just the way round that corner.. anyway, as has been said time and again on this forum, people are aloud an opinion, and i've voiced mine, all be it at a rather horrid time
frown.gif

Paddywhack

Visit site
How dare ANYONE criticise Clayton ?? Who on here has ever been around an Internatonal 4* Event..I got a 2* eventer and i have seen Clayton go round all sorts of courses and he is a very careful rider,so shame on you who blames Clayton you should be ashamed of yourself ! Put yourself in his shoes ! One of his best horses are gone,you really got my blood to a boiling point..
RIP Handsome boy

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How dare ANYONE criticise Clayton ?? Who on here has ever been around an Internatonal 4* Event..I got a 2* eventer and i have seen Clayton go round all sorts of courses and he is a very careful rider,so shame on you who blames Clayton you should be ashamed of yourself ! Put yourself in his shoes ! One of his best horses are gone,you really got my blood to a boiling point..
RIP Handsome boy

[/ QUOTE ]

People can criticize whoever they like. Free speech is still legal in this country.

You dont have to agree.......

For what its worth, I think we need to wait to hear the full story before coming to any conclusions. It's a tragic loss of a beautiful horse that a lot of people have put an awful lot of time, effort and emotion into, none more so than his rider.

madgirl

Visit site
I don't think MDM is trying to criticise his way of riding altogether just his riding at one particular moment just like many said it was WFP's fault for tams run out at badders and it was PF's fault for putting chamrock in at a bad stride today at a corner but these are just mistakes on the riders behalf at one moment but it doesn't mean we think they are bad riders or we think we can ride anywhere and nearly as well as them. We criticse these riders even though they are the worlds best like Clayton.

Didn't see the fall so no idea how he rode it but I dont think MDM was totally saying Clayton is a bad rider.

RIP Nullabor a very sad death of a truely wonderfull horse and poor team frediercks to lose one and have another come back lame
frown.gif

X

xspiralx

Actually she is entitled to comment whenever she likes. You don't have to be a 4* rider to have a valid opinion.

I didn't see it, and I'm certainly not going to blame Clayton for what, if it was his error, was a tragic mistake - but this forum is for airing views and it is not your place to tell anyone they don't have a right to an opinion.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That may well be the case (I didn't see the fall so can't comment at all), but what is there to gain from 'blaming' anyone? I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but sometimes it is not necessary to share them. This was a horrible accident which resulted in the loss of a lovely horse. My thoughts are with the people who have to deal with this heartbreak
x

[/ QUOTE ]

No there isn't anything to gain!! I wish i'd not posted and hope any of his connections doesn't read this, if they do i'm truely sorry for your loss.

Paddywhack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RIP Handsome boy

[/ QUOTE ]

People can criticize whoever they like. Free speech is still legal in this country.

For what its worth, I think we need to wait to hear the full story before coming to any conclusions. It's a tragic loss of a beautiful horse that a lot of people have put an awful lot of time, effort and emotion into, none more so than his rider.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a difference between Free speech and to publicly blame an international professional eventer for the death of a horse and cant be compared since he is not here to defend himself

wizoz

Visit site
HOLD ON, let's just all calm down here.
mad.gif

Yes, MDM is allowed an opinion and that is that SHE felt that Nullabor was unbalanced coming around a tight turn and resulted in his fall.

The rest of you think that Clayton couldn't possibly have made a mistake and MDM A) isn't qualified to make an opinion B) hasn't ridden at 4* level so must be crap C) dared to say something that is possibly true???????

Don't jump on her just because she has voiced her opinion, it's not personally aimed at Clayton.
confused.gif

I am very sorry to all connected for their loss, they must be mortified. A sad day
frown.gif

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RIP Handsome boy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^
what she said..

elliebean

Visit site
Just to add, my post wasnt meant to be having a go at you-I dont think your abilities and eventing experience have any bearing on your opinion. Its a really emotional subject and we all say stuff we dont mean

lucretia

Visit site
and MDM wasnt there so how would she know particularly as it sounds to me exactly as if the hors had a heart attack or an aneurism. saying bad riding and claytons fault is just disgusting, she is enttled to her opinion but my opinion of her is now down below worm level particularly as her performaces in the saddle are nothing to right home about.