Nullarbor

lucretia

Visit site
And for those of you that think i wont critise people i know, clearly you havent been on this forum that long! If clayton rode like a muppet i will be the first to say so, and all these people making snide comments about who knows who and what should also be ashamed. I am signing off now cos there are comments on here tonight that make me sick.

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, one huge difference surely is that in AT's case it went on for about half a minute or more, of deliberate riding on, on an obviously lame (well, to anyone watching anyway!) horse - not a split second's error.
i didn't see Clayton's fall, but i've had the same thing happen to me, went too fast round a corner on the flat, horse slipped (on loose sandy ground in my case) and fell over... luckily she just slid along on her side. i still kick myself to this day for what happened, it was a moment's bad judgement, a misjudgement of pace.
i can't see the parallel personally between this case and AT's.
i do think that everyone's entitled to an opinion though, and slating someone for voicing their opinion is unfair imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about the two incidents being comparable - it's about how people reacted to them. With AT it was fine for every man and his dog to make negative comments, in this case it would seem unless you have ridden at 4* your opinion is not valid.

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
AT was my first thought too. Im sorry but this smacks of the same argument we had last year with the US contingent.

Lets wait and see the footage/hear the responses of the officials before we all wade in to defend or decry.

MDM might not have put her post tactfully but that doesnt make it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite agree Spans.

All this bickering doesnt take away the fact a talented horses life has been lost!

Its all very unnecessary IMO, everyone is entitled to their opinion, you dont even have to ride!!!!!

wizoz

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

does anybody have any kind of sense on here? Questionable. I'm leaving this hoax of a discussion now.

[/ QUOTE ]

**Waves** BYE BYE
smirk.gif

X

xspiralx

[ QUOTE ]
Ok people how the hell are they comparable? Go on tell me.

AT - Kicked on a lame horse that broke into trot twice and was clearly hopping about on 3legs, over the final jump AND pushed for a finish and then walked off without a care for the horse - horse was humanely euthanised.

CF - Possibly rode around a corner too fast OR horse had a heartattack - horse fell and broke its neck.

Hmm yeh i can SO see the similarities in that. God sake. Get a grip.

feel free to air your views. Seriously go ahead. God I'm starting to realise why i left this place. Full of up themselves santimonious *insert word here*.

And btw look back - i have never once even commented on whether MDM is a good rider or not - that is damn well irrelevent. What I am saying is it is not in good taste to criticise clayton during these tragic circumstances when nobody even damn well knows what happens AND when his connections are on here and clearly upset.

does anybody have any kind of sense on here? Questionable. I'm leaving this hoax of a discussion now.

RIP nullabor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kayleigh, in all your ranting about how sanctimonious people are, you're failing to see that you are probably the worst for that in the entire thread.

I'll tell you exactly why AT is comparable to this incident.

Le Samurai's death may have been caused by AT's failure to pull up a tired horse, and when he got injured, her failure to respond to his injury and pull him up immediately.

Nullabor's death may have been caused by Clayton failing to balance him properly for a corner, get him on the correct lead etc, causing him to slip and break his neck.

Both incidents can arguably be called rider errors, resulting in the death of a horse. The difference is that AT's "mistake" was far less understandable than Clayton's.

However you can't have one rule for one and another for another - either its okay to criticise top riders for errors of judgement, or its not, and you're being very naive if you can't how you're contradicting yourself in your reaction to these two events.

CastleMouse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In that case, i hate to say it, but that was bad riding, i blame Clayton
frown.gif

RIP

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't comment on that as I was away at the yard all day and didn't get a chance to watch much of the action...

lifeslemons

www.eventingworldwide.com
[ QUOTE ]
does anybody have any kind of sense on here? Questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people have a lot more than you, having read your replies over the last year. I'm still waiting for you to "drag Amy off a horse" when she comes to this country
wink.gif
Sorry, couldnt resist saying that.

I'm with Lucretia on this on, although I do think MDM did just misword what she orginally meant to suggest.

Jiffy

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
No there isn't anything to gain!! I wish i'd not posted and hope any of his connections doesn't read this, if they do i'm truely sorry for your loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I read your first reply to this post I thought "OMG - What an opionated little ^*&£$%^" but I think you might be feeling a bit remorseful now. I hope you remember to think before you write anything like that again.

I acknowledge you're sorry.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Did you hear that from F? How is Rex?

RIP Nullarbor. How dreadful
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Suspected stifle injury, she felt him not right behind so pulled up straight away. Hopefully it's just bruised, he did such a good dressage too
frown.gif

LadyJendali

Visit site
I really do wonder why I bother to come on here.
A horse has paid the ultimate price and you lot are behaving like school kids!!!!
Its bad enough that the eventing world has lost such a rising star without laying blame.

I do wish some of you would grow up.
RIP Beautiful boy........

kerilli

Visit site
umm, if MDM saw the fall, then she's entitled to comment.
just because someone is a brilliant rider, as Clayton is, doesn't mean he can't make a mistake.
not having seen the fall, i won't comment.
absolutely tragic loss of a supremely talented horse. my thoughts are with the Fredericks.
r.i.p Nullabor.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is, in your opinion Amy Tyron killed her horse, and in MdM's opinion Clayton's riding contributed/caused Nullarbor's death.

Your opinion is not fact, it is something you believe; others would have argued that it was in bad taste to criticse AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree.

After extensive investigation, AT got banned from competition (albeit for a ridiculousy short period) for the role she played in Le Samurai's death.

That is FACT, not opinion.

lifeslemons

www.eventingworldwide.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The whole point is, in your opinion Amy Tyron killed her horse, and in MdM's opinion Clayton's riding contributed/caused Nullarbor's death.

Your opinion is not fact, it is something you believe; others would have argued that it was in bad taste to criticse AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree.

After extensive investigation, AT got banned from competition (albeit for a ridiculousy short period) for the role she played in Le Samurai's death.

That is FACT, not opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still not quite "FACT." One of the reasons her punishment was reduced was several people didn't believe she was blame-worthy.

It's rather like saying that a murder in jail is guilty... not always true! Only the opinion of 11 lay people on a jury put them there, and plenty miscarriages of justice can happen.

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As ever the biggest point is missed-
THIS WAS A TALENTED HORSE

[/ QUOTE ] What a strange thing to say - surely the biggest point is that a horse has tragically lost it's life, regardless of how talented it was.
confused.gif

RIP Nullabor.

Puppy

Visit site
What a terrible loss
frown.gif
I absolutely fell in love with that horse at Burghley. I loved his big floppy ears (reminded me of my Beanie) and his dressage test there was just simply beautiful to watch. What a waste. RIP Nullarbor. Poor beautiful boy
frown.gif
H x

teapot

Visit site
Think we can speculate all we like (I didn't see it) but whatever the cause of Nullabor's death was - CF will probably always blame himself for what happened and will never forget it. That's probably the nemesis of any rider.

I just hope LF's horse comes right quickly and they get home with him.

ihatework

Visit site
Really can't be bothered with this forum sometimes.

The tragic loss of a truely stunning horse seems to result in a massive ego trip of who's who in the poxy eventing world.

My guess is that none of you are as great as you seem to think you are
mad.gif

Eira

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Devasting freak fall of Clayton Fredericks Nullabor who slipped on the flat inbetween fences and broke his neck

[/ QUOTE ] .
Thats what it is , was , and always will be . A tragic way to end a horses life as someone has said I'm sure CF will already be blaming himself and thinking about the 'what ifs'

For some reason this song has me in tears atm thinking about it and I don't know why
confused.gif
confused.gif
Think it may be the lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOJJtYERF6k

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I've read throught this thread and feel MDM is probably guilty of doing something all of us has done at some point, quickly typed a post without really reading it through. We've all done that so perhaps let her explain?
Even if she hasn't, she is still entitled to her opinion, and we should be able to disagree with her without slagging off anyone's talent or abilities.
From what I have read no-one knows why the horse died yet so perhaps we should all just wait before commenting further.
I feel so sorry for the Fredericks, that looked a super horse and a real personality, Losing a horse of that ability will be a huge blow for any rider no matter how famous.
Funnily enough do you know who I feel the most sorry for? Nullabor's groom, who will have looked after him on a daily basis and tonight will have an empty stable.
Let's not let this descend into a slanging match please, how about not posting anything else on the subject until we know the facts..

Brontie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Actually she is entitled to comment whenever she likes. You don't have to be a 4* rider to have a valid opinion.

I didn't see it, and I'm certainly not going to blame Clayton for what, if it was his error, was a tragic mistake - but this forum is for airing views and it is not your place to tell anyone they don't have a right to an opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! Well said

bandit

Visit site
HH

As always a measured reply. I agree to your sentiments about the Fredericks, but also that the grooms will be more at a loss.

We can not speculate on what happened until it's known for sure.

I truley can't believe such an amazing horse has gone - I had no idea it was competing this w/end so it's a total shock.

Bx

trefilan

Visit site
MDM is allowed to air her oppinion and if she saw the fall then she can have a useful input.
Even if you have had 20 years competing at the top level everybody makes mistakes. Its human nature.
Unfortunately this was a high profile and talented horse so lots of people will have their different oppinions and all these oppinions will be aired with the people who have the guts to say it.
RIP Nullarbor x

Foxford

Visit site
Very, very sad news. He was such a beautiful horse.
frown.gif

Perhaps save the post mortem until the facts come out.