Numnah that will take a prolite shim

BMA2

Visit site
Is there such a thing?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions...I'd struggle to get a prolite pad under my numnah and have it all sitting nicely.

So that would be my other option...XL/XF half lined numnah then use a prolite. But bigger than a full half dead sheep numnahs seem to not exist or cost an insane amount. I tried a half lined nuumed with the hair knitted in and this time of year that will leave me with saddle rubs whereas the le mieux is more forgiving

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
Yes numed do both a saddle cloth and a plain half pad. Both relatively thin but you can added shims.
Just searh google for shimmable saddle cloth/numnah

BMA2

Visit site
Yes...

So I need to use a shim

I have a half wool le mieux numnah as that is best this time of year for stopping rubs. But it's not very generous in length...I am very nearly on the back roll of fur. If I put my prolite shimable pad on I reckon the back of the saddle will be perched on the fur roll

I have a half wool nuumed one in xl (and maybe they do other sorts so let me know) but the wool is knitted in and uts thin and very corse to the touch and I'll think I'll end up with January rubs

Hope that makes sense

P.s. surely there is a demand for xl nunmahs?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I cut an old prolite pad to fit under my saddle with my wool show numnah as like yours it would have sat on the roll at the back.

I then bought some brown material and covered it so it couldn't be seen under the saddle.

I just bought a cheap second hand one on ebay and the material was an off cut, so it might be cheaper to do that than buy a new numnah.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Nuumed do cloths and numnahs with integrated Prolite plus a wool backing. The one with three Prolite pockets also has a layer of memory foam. It's a lovely numnah , I've only got the one but it washes well

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
It helps if they don't have a roll at the back as that makes them smaller. Christ Lammfelle/Horsedreams do sheepskin that take shims or a 1/2 lined saddlecloth that is big enough for a prolite but they're not cheap. Worth keeping an eye out on eBay though.

little_critter

Visit site
I don’t think I’d want to be putting a pro lite on top of a sheepskin numnah, I’d feel like was sitting 2 foot above the horse.
Probably best to look for a shimable sheepskin numnah.

Mattes do a correction saddle pad (spendy though)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Mattes. They make all shapes, half pads, squares, numnahs...with any lining/trim, and correction system. Then any colour combo from literally thousands, all custom. ,4 weeks.manufacture unless you can find something in stock (usually half lined black squares and some half pads). I think half lined numnahs/pads are generally a better option for ease of fitting, less risk of slipping etc. The shims are felt and can be trimmed to give perfect contact unlike Prolite.

BMA2

Visit site
I don’t think I’d want to be putting a pro lite on top of a sheepskin numnah, I’d feel like was sitting 2 foot above the horse.
Probably best to look for a shimable sheepskin numnah.

Mattes do a correction saddle pad (spendy though)
Yes...

I had a mattes numnah before and it lasted YEARS

But when I looked at the shimable ones etc they were so expensive. But they do do xl

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Yes...

I had a mattes numnah before and it lasted YEARS

But when I looked at the shimable ones etc they were so expensive. But they do do xl
Also worth bearing in mind that the cheaper sheepskin can be made up of pieces sewn together rather than one big piece and can get ridges.

Just realised my Christ lammfelle one is over £10 years old and on its 3rd horse so worth the investment to buy quality.

BMA2

Visit site
Think I might have just commented on a post of yours on FB...or the timing might be coincidence! They are expensive but, if you can find the cash, so worth it.
Not me...I'm not on social media

OK...I might have a dig through and ebay stuff I don't use and then justify it...

Do you know how big they are fur to fur (if I went for an xl with a fur front and fur back)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Think I might have just commented on a post of yours on FB...or the timing might be coincidence! They are expensive but, if you can find the cash, so worth it.
What makes them so much better?
I know they are lovely but I just customised my own (what a brilliant idea!) and it came to £270 +
Justify that for me please……

HelenBack

Visit site
I'm interested in this too! Does anybody know what's going on with Nuumed at the moment? They're still on Facebook but their website is down and I thought I heard they'd gone into administration. Has anybody ordered from them lately?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Not me...I'm not on social media

OK...I might have a dig through and ebay stuff I don't use and then justify it...

Do you know how big they are fur to fur (if I went for an xl with a fur front and fur back)

Big coincidence, someone looking for an XL in the group I run! I'll post this as info for others, where you'll find tons of sizing info - subtract 3-4 inches for front and rear trim combined, a medium I have here measures 51cm (sorry for metric/imperial car crash!). https://www.facebook.com/groups/249099556465914 - featured posts has sizing info.

What makes them so much better?
I know they are lovely but I just customised my own (what a brilliant idea!) and it came to £270 +
Justify that for me please……

Expensive to some, absolutely, probably to most. Best design, best quality including sheepskin, best durability, biggest choice of colours (expensive in itself as a manufacturer) and you have added a few "unnecessary" bits to get to that price, correction numnahs and squares start at about £210.

Fylde saddlery Impact numnah. It has its own shims nor prolite ones but i really rate mine

Just spacer foam (like that used as a liner on the Invictus, which is purely to help purchasers feel it has softness to it for the horse, it does nothing by the designers own admission), some of these products will indeed be liked by some horses, but not something I'd recommend.

conniegirl

Visit site
Just spacer foam (like that used as a liner on the Invictus, which is purely to help purchasers feel it has softness to it for the horse, it does nothing by the designers own admission), some of these products will indeed be liked by some horses, but not something I'd recommend.
The shims are not foam on the impact