Observation from dressage writing

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I am watching the world dressage champs and they have just eliminated one of the Irish team for being unlevel, I was getting the dogs food ready and only came in as she was talking to the judge so didn’t see the test, apparently she was only a quarter way through the test. I am cross I missed the only bit of drama

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
"Regrettably, Ireland’s Sorrell Klatzo was eliminated during her Grand Prix test today (Saturday) at the FEI Dressage World Championships in Herning due to the opinion of the FEI judge at C, that Turbo was irregular in the movement. Turbo warmed up exceptionally well and looked fantastic prior to entry into the main ring. Given the significant atmosphere of the championships, it is not unusual that a first-time campaigner at world level for both horse and rider would become tense and lose the consistency of the movement. In the context of Dressage, it is important to note irregular movement does not necessarily constitute an unsoundness. Team Ireland Vet JP King has subsequently assessed Turbo and found him to be sound and moving well. He is now back in his box relaxing. Sorrell is obviously so disappointed with today but clearly relieved that Turbo is sound and well."

Goodness, that's a tricky one all round :oops:. The judge at C is being hung out to blame for overreacting by the sound of it.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i didnt see her trotting but when she walked out the horse was striding out well , i particularly looked to see if he was taking a shorter stride on one leg but it looked absolutely even to me... i think i will have to look at the test again so i can see what the judge at C saw...

Sprat

Visit site
@paddi22 I agree, the horse most definitely looked off in the clip I watched. Such a shame for all, but the right call made by the judge I think.

teapot

Visit site
"Regrettably, Ireland’s Sorrell Klatzo was eliminated during her Grand Prix test today (Saturday) at the FEI Dressage World Championships in Herning due to the opinion of the FEI judge at C, that Turbo was irregular in the movement. Turbo warmed up exceptionally well and looked fantastic prior to entry into the main ring. Given the significant atmosphere of the championships, it is not unusual that a first-time campaigner at world level for both horse and rider would become tense and lose the consistency of the movement. In the context of Dressage, it is important to note irregular movement does not necessarily constitute an unsoundness. Team Ireland Vet JP King has subsequently assessed Turbo and found him to be sound and moving well. He is now back in his box relaxing. Sorrell is obviously so disappointed with today but clearly relieved that Turbo is sound and well."

Goodness, that's a tricky one all round :oops:. The judge at C is being hung out to blame for overreacting by the sound of it.

Quote on Dressage Ireland's page from rider:

'A tearful Sorrell was brave enough to come and talk to the media even though devastated. “I’m heartbroken”, she said. “We suspect he may have bumped himself….before I went in someone went past (in the warm-up) and he jumped to the side and maybe knocked himself a bit, and then on the way down (the ramp to the arena) when everyone cheered he jumped to the side again”.
We know they’ll be back to show what they can do another day very soon.

EDIT: Subsequently spoke to Sorrell and she said “We have subsequently had Turbo checked and have found him to be sound and well. On review of the videos it looks as though he lost his balance around the corner resulting in him losing the rhythm of the movement. The main thing is Turbo is OK.”

little_critter

Visit site