Winston
Miss money penny
Sebastian
Emma
Talisman
Panache
Show name
IwouldifIcould

Nothing way out there that I can remember but all struck me as a bit different.

fiwen30

Visit site
Think the worst was this ill-mannered, spoilt-rotten, blooming enormous 2 year old gelding named 'Handsome'. Boke.

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
Rodney ( because he was a plonker )
Thug ( because he was one )
Megabucks ( but not because he cost a lot !)
Overdraft ( ' Drafty ' - because he did cost a lot )
RIP ( a deranged eventer - also known as Rest In Pieces )
Mavis Davis ( always called by her full name )
Madasabat ( 'Maddie '- because she was )
Manfred's Man ( ' Man '- because his owner was called Manfred )
Ricki Ticki Mongoose ( who knows ………)

Sam_J

Visit site
Daughter had a fabulous pony called Gwrtheyrn Ellie. I've no idea if the commentators ever pronounced the first bit correctly!

Fools Motto

Visit site
I had a french bred TB some years ago, C'est Le Vie, couldn't think of anything 'short' to call him. He was dark brown, so we called him The Dark Horse, aka Horse. Wonderful chap on a good day, nervous wreck on a bad day who would stand and shake with fear while peeing himself. (Hated poles on the ground or dressage boards).
Broodmare Ruff Shod. (I mean, that is rediculous!?)
Oddjob. Bought by his owner to do 'oddjobs' around the farm, including pulling a cart or rounding up cattle.
121 (OneTwoOne) a horse I knew who didn't like riding school, and needed a 1-1 home!
Up Yours - A mare who had a habit of turning her bum on people in the stable. Nicknamed this by the yard staff, name stuck, owner liked it! lol

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
All the racially insensitive names black ponies, and white ponies, had when I was young have passed into history where they belong but all of us of a certain age will remember what they were.

I have just bought a load of HIS stud books from eBay as I love looking through them. There is a mare called Half Chaste11, there was another but can’t remember off the top of my head what it was but I was shocked. A couple of stallions with what I consider weird names that I can remember were Cyclops Too and Anklebiter. This was in the 1924-1926 edition, though they were listed as sires so were obviously foaled well before.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I has a dutch 'Maltisimmo' who was called Malteser over tannoy and a dutch 'USA' who was pronounced USA as in the country instead of 'Ooh sir' or 'You Sir' which was how you were supposed to pronounce it!

Lammy

Visit site
I used to ride a horse called Dick...wasn’t short for anything! I remember my riding instructor would only call him Richard and refused to use his actual name. As a teenager I obviously found his name hilarious!