Ok folks....the wait is over (hopefully..!!)

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Winter113 my main concern is for the mare.
I know sometimes things pop up on a vetting and can be as much as a surprise for the owners but the write up from the vet really rings alarm bells of a neurological problems. I hope your friend will get these investigated for the welfare of the horse.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Thanks everyone.
Come back to this late as had to sleep off a bit of a migraine 🙄🙄
I could post the the whole conversation with the seller (this poster is the seller's neice) which would prove I'm being very firm but not unreasonable. It's a step too personal a thing to do against the seller which is why I've been reluctant to do so but I'm losing patience. For what it's worth I dont think the seller is behind the ridiculous ramblings of her niece, I even tried to give her a heads up that the niece is just making it worse and got a mouthful back.
Neither the seller or niece are grasping the facts of basic law or the fact that I'm unable to remove this thread. Even if I were able to I'm not convinced I'd get my money back anyway. All I keep getting is that they are trying to give me my deposit and I wont accept it, or I'm throwing it back in her face, being pig headed and so on.
I'm being accused of harassment and being abusive and yet the seller has cheerfully texted me at 5.06am and stated by text I "must have mental issues" 🤔🤔🤔
I would not have pursued this so vehemently had the demands not been started, not I'm just piseed...I want my money back but, win or lose of that front, this thread is a massive win for me..!!!!

buddylove

Visit site
I would be tempted to cease all contact with both of them, and continue through the small claims process.
Clearly neither grasp the fact that they are withholding your deposit illegally, and you have more than sufficient recourse to claim it back. Unfortunately with people like this, it often takes someone in a position of authority to get the message through; a judgement should do the trick!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
SLH, you need to just block the seller and her niece from texting you/contacting you in person in any way and let justice take its course. You do not want to inadvertently cause yourself a problem with anything you might say from now on.

Thanks. I have done extensive screen shots and saving of messages and blocked the seller from contacting me now. I offered politely one more time to resolve the matter directly and no reply so this is now in the hands of the small claims court. I'm also a Gold Member of the BHS so will contact the legal team there too.
ETA: Ifeel really very sad as I genuinely liked the seller, she seemed really nice. And I loved the horse, she's a sweetheart. BUT I don't need the hearache of a horse with problems, esp ones that would need costly investigation :(
The sellers did not want the horse being sold on to dealers (despite A) Admitting they bought her to sell and B) Having done alot of dealing themselves from Ireland etc) and I had promised (to the best of my reasonable ability) that this mare would have her lifetime home with me. As they are not a million miles away I even offered them visits and the odd ride as they said how much they would miss her.

Last edited:

SpringArising

Visit site
There are some posters on the forum that can make a reasonable judgement on conformation in conjunction with longevity and purpose. Some have decades of experience that may be of help to others. I find it amusing that some people judge a horse as being suitable for whatever, because it has a nice face, fluffy feet or is a nice colour.

Except no one has done that.

'I knew it would fail the vet based on the photo of its neck' is frankly a daft thing to come out with - as confirmed by the vet, who didn't note anything wrong with it.

Lexi_

Visit site
I've been busy on google attempting to find out what the insults mean as I've never heard them before. Maybe they're a new level of insult. Anyway, here you go:

Goldstar - a homosexual person who has never slept with a member of the opposite sex

Melt - an absolute complete f*****g idiot

Gold bar - it's either an Australian $50 note or, more likely judging by the poster, a terrible town that no one knows, it is a drive by town that people pass on their way to Stevens Pass in the Cascade Mountains. The town is full of rednecks and stoners. This is definitely not a place to raise a family. Do not go out at night, you might never be heard from again.

I just assumed they were typo-ing Goldenstar’s username incorrectly!

Melt is quite a mild insult round by me. Didn’t know it had made it further up the NW though!

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Except no one has done that.

'I knew it would fail the vet based on the photo of its neck' is frankly a daft thing to come out with - as confirmed by the vet, who didn't note anything wrong with it.

If you're getting at me I said the neck jumped out in one photo - it did - there was significant muscle under the neck which I wouldn't have been happy with myself - I did not say that I though that was why it failed the vet - try reading posts correctly before being spiteful.

9tails

Visit site
I just assumed they were typo-ing Goldenstar’s username incorrectly!

Melt is quite a mild insult round by me. Didn’t know it had made it further up the NW though!

I spent time and effort on researching what I thought were insults! Only to find they could have been typos? Goddamnit. I quite like the Gold Bar one. Apparently Goldstar can also mean glittering up one's butthole.

Mahoganybay

Visit site
I’m not meaning to start an argument here, but can I just get something straight in my head.

OP, saw horse advertised, viewed and put £200 deposit down on horse to hold until vetting? Is this correct?

Seller did not let anyone view horse, therefore could have potentially lost a sale?

2 stage vetting held, vet did not fail the horse but suggested OP may have problems in the future? OP decided not to purchase horse?

Am I correct so far? Or have missed anything?

The seller initially refused to return deposit but is now blackmailing OP to remove this post and then she has agreed to refund?

But, and I’m not saying it’s something I would do as I would refund the deposit, surely seller could argue that she has turned away potential sales, may have to pay to re-advertise, livery costs etc and is entitled to keep the deposit as the horse didn’t ‘fail’ the vetting?

I have never left a deposit on a horse myself, simply because vettings are not pass or fail anymore and I’m really sorry that the OP is out of pocket, but perhaps a lesson to be learned here fo us all.

OP I do hope you get your money back 🤞🤞