Olympic Eventing XC Thread

teapot

Visit site
All jump again for the team (like they have done today). Then the top 25 (3 from each nation max) go forwards for the individual round

TarrSteps

Visit site
Bit of a senior moment for Toddy at the last!

SJ should be very interesting. There are some good jumpers in the mix but I suspect the turning and hills will have taken a lot out of the horses.

Nicnac

Visit site
Absolutely exhausted - don't know if it's watching XC & work or a bit of both! No energy to ride ponies so early start tomorrow to get 2 ridden before work.

Thanks for company - back in office tomorrow; will be sneaking peeks so keep the updates coming.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Thanks guys for the constant commentry today!! its been ace, i managed to sneakily see zara, mary and caught the end of tina but missed nw and wfp, offf to watch them at home later.

Am in work tomorrow so will be sneakily hho'ing to keep up with all your updates:D:D

WandaMare

Visit site
Our whole team were amazing today, so exciting! Let's hope all the horses get a good rest overnight and trot up fit and sound in the morning. Can't wait to watch the jumping tomorrow :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just got home from watching at a friends emotionally knackered , brilliant day great sucess for SB good course shook it up enough dont know if I can bear the excitement tomorrow ,
Next hurdle the trot up lots of lost shoes and horses who slipped And those turns and hills will have taxed them might well get a good shake up again.

Polonaise

Visit site
Great riding from the brits, hope horses stay sound despite lost shoes.
Does anyone know the FEI rules on using the whip after the last fence?

Mrs B

Visit site
Another BIG thanks from me! I got to see Nicola's round and had hoped to see more before going up to have the lad's back checked at 4 - I'd put him out nekkid after riding as the forecast said no showers and he's a hot little body... then I looked out of the window to see the sky turn black... ARGH!!!!! He's a mud lark...

Raced to the farm, sprinted up the hill in the pouring rain and then spent the next hour drying him enough to be treated...

Thank God for my iPhone - I kept checking this thread and relaying the news to Back Lady and YO...

Now just waiting for iPlayer to see why Mary's round gave you all heart failure...:D

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
One more plea for those of you down there, please lock Mike tucker up in a cupboard somewhere for tomorrow, usually I don't mind him, but he did my head in today!

A gorgeous day today, and I have sat on the sofa all day! Not ridden for two days, then horse looks like he will lose a shoe tomorrow!

Mrs B

Visit site
*Numpty newbie-to-dressage question alert*

I thought that white gloves were required in the dressage... most wore them (although Mark T's looked heavy duty enough to prune the roses in)... but I saw several black pairs?

Goldenstar

Visit site
It was definatly one 'good ' one and one sort of one I thought you were not allowed to but wondered perhaps it had been changed since I was completing.