Olympic Eventing XC Thread

NinjaPony

Visit site
Does anyone know when the video will be available to watch on catch up? It just says coming atm and I am getting extremely impatient!

TarrSteps

Visit site
It was definatly one 'good ' one and one sort of one I thought you were not allowed to but wondered perhaps it had been changed since I was completing.

It's changed a couple of times. The last thing I read said elimination (post a specific incident I can't dredge out of my memory) but it might very well have been modified since then!

mypegasus

www.themusingsofpegasus.wordpress.com
*Numpty newbie-to-dressage question alert*

I thought that white gloves were required in the dressage... most wore them (although Mark T's looked heavy duty enough to prune the roses in)... but I saw several black pairs?

I actually looked up the FEI rules for this as I thought they should be light coloured gloves, however I believe it says light/white gloves or to match the jacket.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Right, have reread the eventing whip rules (page 41 if anyone cares) and elimination is at the discretion of the Ground Jury. It's also a bit vague as it seems to come under the "abuse" heading so circumstance and motivation would be taken into account. We shall see. . . .

now_loves_mares

Visit site
I managed to get the BBC app to work on my iphone so have been sneakily watching as much as I could at work today. Wasn't able to watch and follow this thread as well though!

Interesting to read about WFP thinking Lionheart wasn't right. Hope he is ok tomorrow, agree to someone up-thread who said the trot up might be interesting.

Re the whip, I didn't specifically see Toddy use his, but I noticed someone (Karin Donkers I think, but would need to check) use their's after the last. I only noticed because I was fence judging on Saturday and as part of the briefing it was specifically mentioned, that you aren't allowed to use it after the last fence. :confused:

Don't however want to focus on something like this after what seemed like a really good day for the sport. :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
What did WFP say about Lionheart not being right? I missed that.

I was just looking at the results - who would have thought WFP would have been the lowest score of the team post XC. I'm gutted for him, despite being a MK fan, I really thought the man deserved the individual gold, but doesn't look that likely now!

How many individuals go through to the second round of show jumping tomorrow?

CalllyH

Visit site
I agree I am gutted for william, wasnt Lionheart his second choice horse? he hasnt exactly dont anything wrong just others have been better on the day which is quite suprising!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site

Thanks.

Are that 25 decided after the final show jumping?

Seems a shame when you've got your whole team in the first 25, that someone lower down from another nation can bypass the lower two! Actually it all seems a shame to me - it is heavily biased toward the better show jumpers anyway!

ps, No, I thought WFP chose to ride Lionheart. He flew round Bramham...

Puppy

Visit site
I was just looking at the results - who would have thought WFP would have been the lowest score of the team post XC. I'm gutted for him, despite being a MK fan, I really thought the man deserved the individual gold, but doesn't look that likely now!

I'm sure that things would be different if he'd had his first choice of horse, but alas, injuries happen. :(

wilde2

Visit site
Cally H - MT said yesterday that Oslo was his first choice, which is also what WFP alluded to earlier in H&H, but he is off with injury for the rest of the season (was off from about 2 months ago)

teapot

Visit site
Thanks.

Are that 25 decided after the final show jumping?

Seems a shame when you've got your whole team in the first 25, that someone lower down from another nation can bypass the lower two! Actually it all seems a shame to me - it is heavily biased toward the better show jumpers anyway!

ps, No, I thought WFP chose to ride Lionheart. He flew round Bramham...

Top 25 decided after the first round.

mil1212

Visit site
dont know if I have missed it, but is there a trot up schedule anywhere and is it televised?
I doubt it, I suppose the best way to keep up with that will be Twitter

Pebble101

Visit site
Re the whip, I didn't specifically see Toddy use his, but I noticed someone (Karin Donkers I think, but would need to check) use their's after the last. I only noticed because I was fence judging on Saturday and as part of the briefing it was specifically mentioned, that you aren't allowed to use it after the last fence. :confused:

I am sure I saw someone use it twice after the last fence - I thought at the time how mean it was as he was well within the time anyway. Might try and play back the recordings to see who it was, but as BBC was so c*** with its coverage it might have been one I saw online which I had on at the same time.

jenbleep

Visit site
Argh missed it on the news! :mad:

My OH is there today, and Mary said hello to him and his children when she was held on course :D What a lovely Mary! :)