One more English horse leaving your shores and headed my way :-)

BunnyDog

Visit site
Well it's official. I am addicted to high quality English horses. So much so that I am pulling another to join my merry little band.

All that's left is his blood work (Which should be cleared tomorrow, pray hard for no Piro!!!) but he is scheduled to hop on the van and go to ETA Sunday. Then same plan as Cudo, off on Monday to Amsterdam. Stay at the horse hotel until Weds. and then on the plane to NYC.

This time I am having the horse stay at the new Ark quarantine facility at JFK airport.

It bothered me a bit that last time poor Cudo arrived hours late in the cold and had to get off the palette and then hop on a van ride for 2 hours, with it turns out 6 of the 12 horses on the flight ended up popping fevers. Cudo didn't but it seemed ridiculous when there's a state of the art facility right there.

So this time the new guy lands and goes right into his stall and can relax. Then 2.5 days later I'll take the longer way to get him and he'll come join Cudo at home.

He's a 4 yr old with pretty nice breeding (Zirocco Blue VDL x Indoctro mare) and no he is not grey.

He's got a very amazing lofty jump. And the jury is still out on his actual height but he was advertised as 17.2. The girl who rode him for me thought he was closer to 17 hands. Which would be MUCH better. I am thankful right now that my trailer is 8'6" high inside.

Once we know the blood work is clear I will post his name and pics and such. But until then I am just sitting here all atwitter and praying.

But sooooo very excited.

Emily

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Now Emily, we are going to get cross soon if you keep pinching all the good horses 😋😏

BunnyDog

Visit site
It can't be considered "poaching" if we all can see the ads and I (From thousands of miles away) can see the potential with me. And to be fair Cudo had SAT on the market QUITE a while. So (Sarcasm) CLEARLY he needed a YANK to be able to develop his true talent. :p:cool::(;)

LOL

And this horse to be fair he was on the market a day, I saw the video and over the next 24 hours wore down his owner to allow me to put a deposit on him. Then storm system "Callum" came and threw everything we'd scheduled out of whack and the seller was terrified of waiting 8 more days. She had a cash buyer waiting in line behind me and I let her go to them and let him have them if they still wanted him. Fate stepped in and they had bought a horse an HOUR before she called. So I got to stay as #1 in line. The ring finally dried out, a rider I hired went and rode him and was blown away. And the rest....is history....Pending bloods!

Em

Reactions: TPO

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Oh Em I feel your pain. I have a weanling being vetted in Germany tomorrow (although wasn't as disciplined as you and have already posted pics 🙈) and am equally all atwitter! Fingers crossed all goes well for you!

BunnyDog

Visit site
Apparently blood work is delayed by 1 day.

And this is where I am becoming the most impatient woman on the planet.

URRRGGGHHHHH :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Em

BunnyDog

Visit site
Really excited to follow your journey with another!
You're very kind. Cudo is doing quite well and I am hopeful that the new one will enjoy life and shows over here as well. Though obviously we're going to be quite reserved and cautious with a coming 5 yr old. I would love to do our age classes here but they don't really start up my way until April.

Course.... we could take a road trip to Florida to see how Cudo does down south.....;)

Em

BunnyDog

Visit site
Ok so as promised since his blood work had cleared and he's on the van in an hour to head to Dover, now I can share his identity as he's truly mine.

His barn name is "Chad" and his registered name is Jirrocco Ryal K.

He did BN on a ticket so we can't see results but he did bring home a second placed rosette at I think a combined test as well.

His sale video is here:

He needs some work but he's only been in work a bit over a year.

If you search #Jirroccoryalk on Instagram or google you will see tons.

But that's him and given the success of Eddie Blue on our WEG team I think he'll have a fan club here. Hell my vet in England offered to buy him herself if I passed. Ha ha ha.

He amazingly has 55 clean xrays. Nothing found at all. My vet and I were stunned.

Can't wait to get him here and give him some PEMF treatments and some work.

(Going back to sleep now! )

Em

Lammy

Visit site
Wow he makes jumping look easy doesn’t he! Very jealous of your purchase and bonus points for him being ginger! I hope he has a safe trip 😊

BunnyDog

Visit site
weren't we anti ginger last time? even though we all know they are the best, he is very smart!

Lol only anti ginger mares. My fellow countrymen recoil at them as vampires recoil at the sun.

I had a great one but they just run away in horror.

Lol

He's pretty cool. I had a girl who rides for Sam Griffiths come sit on him for me and she was very impressed by him.

Em

Fools Motto

Visit site
Oooh exciting stuff. If it's the same rider for Sam Griffiths that I know, she knows her stuff, seriously talented and would say it as it is. And be equally lovely about it too!!
Hope Chad has a safe journey. Looking forward to his updates.

BunnyDog

Visit site
Oooh exciting stuff. If it's the same rider for Sam Griffiths that I know, she knows her stuff, seriously talented and would say it as it is. And be equally lovely about it too!!
Hope Chad has a safe journey. Looking forward to his updates.
Tamara rode him for me.

Is that who you know?

Em

BunnyDog

Visit site
Ok here's your latest update. He's on the Ferry to Calais now. Or soon. I don't know the schedule but I think likely he's on it.

I am attaching the pics we have had of his journey so far.

The folks at ETA LOVE him. Say he is "Amazing. So kind and gentle and loves a picture."

The closed van cam was yesterday. The others were today.

He's doing very well and will be in Amsterdam tonight through Weds.

I'll update more as we know more.

Em

44929669_2203106666643459_4890295040770834432_n.jpg44961133_2229801300609009_6129343473024761856_n.jpg44922682_334364003785385_7232397052955590656_n.jpg44987595_318042505662977_7425064660174372864_n.jpg