Online Shopping - Who's best and who to avoid?

Nats

Visit site
Another vote here for Speedgate/Frogpool Manor. I've also had good experiences with Horse Health (home of Le Mieux and cheap for Eskadron wraps), GJW Titmuss, Blue Pony, Robinsons, Rideaway and Equestrian Clearance, and Prequestrian on ebay.

clip_clop

Visit site
Tackanory also have my boots that I sent back that were faulty and not fit for purpose yet they refused to refund or swap.

Wouldn't use them again or recommend at all especially with their attitude.

Eluana

eluana.webs.com
Thought I'd add my expierence of tacksales.co.uk
I brought what I was originally looking for, but instead of the 3-5 days, it took 2 weeks - I didn't get any email conformation (of anything - order, payment, dispatch etc) until the day the item showed up.
Turns out I got the wrong size, and they were good about returning them, even though I was past the 5(? I think, can't remember) days return, and the replacements did turn up quickly.

Chavhorse

Visit site
Tackanory also have my boots that I sent back that were faulty and not fit for purpose yet they refused to refund or swap.

Wouldn't use them again or recommend at all especially with their attitude.

Ditto another one who would not touch Tackanory/Fuller Fillies with a ten foot bargepole again! They debited my card straight away then I waited for the goods, then had the joy of calling their helpline! and spoke to a woman that was so rude I asked to speak to the Manager only to be told that she was the owner!!!!!!!. Parcel did eventually arrive covered in so much gaffa tape customs had opened it as I presume they thought it must be a bomb!, clothing inside was screwed up and of bad quality.

Fantastic service has been received from and I am delighted to recommend;

http://www.cavaletticlothing.com
Jane and Staff do Exactly what they say on the tin and are a delight to deal with, clothing arrived wrapped in tissue paper, in a box with a free pair of riding gloves as an introductory gift

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PREQUESTRIAN
Wonderful selection of rugs, some great offers and fantastic service! Called them last Tuesday as my horse had trashed his heavyweight turnout, new rugs arrived on Wednesday afternoon at the yard (courier had followed my rather complicated directions!). They did not have the exact rug I wanted in stock but I was recommended another brand that was a similar fit (and cheaper!) and it fitted horse like a glove. Fantastic service, great knowledge and the best value hoof boots I have ever found!

dollymix

Visit site
I am another who has never had a problem with Derby House - I've used them for years and they are always my first port of call.
I find the customer services department really helpful! I also regularly shop in the store...but because I would rather be at the yard (and if I go in the store I spend too much money) I do prefer to shop online.

I also regularly use Robinsons and Equestrian Clearance. Again both have excellent customer service and are hassle free.

Had problems with Tack Direct repeatedly sending alternatives to jodphurs I ordered - I lost count of the number of times I had to send jodphurs back after telling them I didn't watn an alternative...if they didn't have the brand and colour I wanted..I wanted a refund!!! Very frustrating!

BBH

Visit site
Another vote for Fylde.

Ordered a head collar yesterday afternoon for small pony and it came this morning :D

MrsHutt

Visit site
I think I have used all of the above-mentioned at one time or another and can't say I had a problem with any of them! Most recently I ordered a rug from the Saddlery Shop and it arrived the next day (including a free pair of gloves & some horse sweeties). Robinsons used to be my first port of call, but I found their range a bit 'cheap and cheerful'. Speedgate/Frogpool are good but can be a little more expensive??

wallykissmas

Visit site
Good experiances with rideaway, swish, premier equine, equestrian clearance. Km elite, and hope valley saddlery.

Bad with equisaftey, townfield saddlers both very rude owners and derby house poor postage and wrong sizes

suzied

Visit site
Dressage Delux are brilliant. Never had a problem with DH which I've used a lot for more than 20 years, or their rugs which are very good value for money. Goyt Mill. Hope Valley.

LissyBear

Visit site
Robinsons and rideaway are great. Derby House are a waste of time but for good deals fantastic service and something a bit different try Chandelles Saddlery. They are on jersey so you might save a bit in tax!!

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
I am limited to tackshops who are happy to ship to the lower end of the planet. The best service I've ever had online, for anything at all, has been from Rideaway. They respond to queries very promptly and courteously. I bought a used saddle from them (my identical one needed replacing and this model is not made any more) and its condition was better than described.

Have also used Frogpool, also very good and efficient thus far. Because of shipping costs etc, it's a mission to return anything from here, so I tend to stay with the online suppliers who seem to me to be 100% reliable.

dominobrown

Visit site
Rideaway- great
Old Mill (saddlery.biz)- Very very quick, and helpful
Evison Equine- Everything is pretty cheap, I have found them great
Ootemann- Dutch company, but has loads of gorgeous stuff and it doesn't take to long to come.
oh, and Classic Dressage, they are helpful

little_flea

Visit site
Echo BIG problems with Equiporium. Ordered a pair of spurs from there in October - they took the payment, 3 days later contacted me to say the item wasn't in stock (all websites that don't have stock check annoy me as you often order from a certain place because they actually have the item) and would come mid-October.

22 December they said the item was coming in, apparently the manufacturer tried to deliver but couldn't find the address - 3 times! It was my work address so always someone to take deliveries. When I finally got the spurs, 7th February (!!) they were the wrong kind. I sent them back for a refund, which took 3 weeks to process, and they still didn't refund the money I had to pay to ship back to them after they delivered the wrong item 4 months after I paid for it. I wouldn't be so angry if they had refunded the carriage cost I had to pay.

Its a shame as they have some good products, but I shall avoid them like the plague. Pity for them as I order a lot online and have friends who do that will now not be using them.

blood_magik

Visit site
another one who had issues with tackanory.
I sent a pair of boots back and they claim they never received them.
"am you sure you put the return slip in the box?"

never again..

LouS

Visit site
Edgemere have been very good with me, also EquestrianClearance and Equiport. Millbry Hill and Ride Away also good.

ApolloBaby

Visit site
Someone mentioned Old Mill Saddlery earlier in this thread - I find them great and usually check there first. Styleaways and Equestrian Clearance are also good. I recently used a German site called Calevo that was fab, and had the best price going on Sprenger bits.

Capriole

Visit site
I avoid Derby House (just a catalogue of errors from them, have given up bothering as it was too much hassle sending the same thing back time after time...no...its still not right lol),
Shwmae, and Tack-up.co.uk (seriously avoid tack-up).
HorseRugs4U, if theres anyone around that hasnt already heard of them ;)

Robinsons used to be fab but now seems to stock a high proportion of tat and cheap bargain bin brands.

Equestrian clearance is always good for a bargain and good service. Ive been using Hope Valley recently and so far have found them very good. Rideaway's are reliable, I use them quite often.

I havent used a lot of the shops in this thread so Im having a quick nosy at some sites to see what im missing out on :)

ivandenisovich10

Visit site
Had great service from barnstormers recently, rang up and placed order. Lovely lady checked they had everything and two days later parcel arrived - very happy

scrunchie

Visit site
I've had problems with Robinson's next day delivery before and i've had their customer services lie to me about me ordering too late (I didn't), nobody answering door to courier (I waited in all day plus no courier card left in door) and thsat my parcel was on the van and would be delivered
that evening (it never turned up and I cancelled the order).

Currently having a problem with Derby House too. Ordered a sweater a MONTH ago and it still hasn't arrived. Still says "processing" under the My Orders tab on their website.

Best experiences so far have been with Equestrian Clearance as most of my orders have come next day despite me paying for standard postage.

Iluvxcountry

Visit site
Yep, Derby House take ages to come! I have been waiting seven weeks for some childs jodpurs to come. But in fairness to them, they have great range!

Last edited:

moana

Visit site
Equestrian Clearance
Robinsons
Derby House (always had great service)
Barnstormers
Shires Equestrian

Ihave used othrs with no problems and sometimes fantastic custmer service if needed. Too many to remember and list

Syrah

Visit site
I won't use Derby House again, have had several orders take weeks to arrive. The last order I placed with them took nearly 3 months for a couple of pairs of childs jods - their own brand!

I've had great experiences with Equestrian Clearance, Rideaway, Hope Valley Saddlery and Robinsons :)