Paranormal activity???

stacey_lou

Visit site
Chestnuttymare, you've just reminded me of a time a few years ago, i had just finished babysitting, and as soon as i got into my bedroom, the alam clock started making a noise, like when you get interference on a radio, i just ignored it and fell into bed, when i got comfy, i felt the bottom of the bed go down, like someone was sitting on it, it scared me a bit but as it was 2 in the morning i thought it was my mind playing up.

Told my OH in the morning, but he thought i was just imagining it, but it happed the next night, while we were talking ( just talking honest) and he felt it too, i don't think i ever felt so scared in my life, it only happened twice, thank god. Very strange.

**** this happened to me!!!! I was lying in bed one night and the bottom corner of my bed went down so far it was like my mum had come in and sat down on my bed!!! So scary and I have seen ghosts before but only ever my nanny.

I believe that their are spirts out that but thats beacuse i have seen them and had a few experiances and my GT Uncle is an amazing medium.

I went to see a medium myself when I went for a trip to Glasgow and she freaked me out she told me that I had a sister and i said no I didnt I have 2 brothers she said no not living shes with you now and she likes to follow you and look after you I said dont be rediculous I dont thinking she was lying I called my mum said you never guess what this lady said ect ect and she said well she could be right before i was born my mum lost a little girl!!!! How freeky!!!

looby007

Visit site
Years ago I did some work experience from school at a local riding stable. At the end of a cold winter's day the YO went to check all of the horses over while I waited in the tackroom. It was very dark but I heard the sound of lots of hooves walking past outside. When the YO returned I asked her why she had to move the horses. She said she hadn't. When I explained what I'd heard, she simply said "oh that's 'them' you heard but don't worry they're not here anymore........"

Fuzznugget

gloucestershirehorseriders.webs.com
Put me down as another one who is glad she didn't read this last night while in bed! :eek:

When I was 13 my cat was pts because of kidney failure. He had a spot he used to lay on in my bed at night, and after he was gone, every night it felt like he jumped on the bed and lay down. Miss my kitty. :(

The house we're in now isn't very old, but the dog keeps growling at nothing and barking for no reason. :confused: Don't know if it's supernatural related, but it's really starting to get annoying!

stacey_lou

Visit site
Something even more so creepy was I was working in a a cafe when I was at school and this lady who I didnt know said to me randomly your nan has a message for you! I was taken back this was random and i said im sorry what? she said she is no longer with you but she has a message for you

Ok I said what is it she said just to confrim your nan died from a head issue, a problem with her brain so I said yes a brain tumor (my gt nan she was 87) and i said yes she said the letter you gave her at the funeral she said its ok, she understands!

Well this was strange, the day of my nans funeral I had written her a letter which the undertakes put in her coffin for me and it was a longish letter with a few questions and statements and she had answered them and a few months after this she was in my room!!!

sykokat

Visit site
Well all these reports makes my loo seat seem relatively tame!!! I don't know if said spook washed hands or not but pretty sure it is a lady as the seat was not left up!!! Fascinating stuff this is! :)

Alexart

Visit site
If I shut my bedroom door at night I have to put a night light on - which at 32 is rather sad I know!! - but if I don't I get really loud humming at god knows what hour of the night, or muttering and shuffling in the corner of the room - very loud not just a noise a mouse or other small furry would make!! Anyone who has stayed in my room has also heard loud strange noises and asked me in the morning, despite me never mentioning a thing! I have also had someone sit on my bed, and a heavy weight roll over the top of me from one side to the other - I was definitely ******** buttons at this point - so I always have the door open and have never had a peep when it is - weird or what!!!:eek:

We also hear someone whistling at just before 5 am outside the front windows - we live in the middle of no-where, I even sent the dogs out twice as I thought it was an intruder - nothing! Apparently the lady that used to live here her dad used to get up and use the out house, which is just on the corner at the front, every morning before he milked the cows at 5am. We've also heard people having conversations upstairs, when you get to the top step it stops, we heard it the first night we moved in as we arrived at 2am - 3 of us heard people having a chat downstairs - we thought someone had broken in - so we rushed down and it stopped before we reached the bottom of the stairs! - creepy!!!!!

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
Hmmmmm! I'm glad there's nothing spooky in my flat. I don't like the atmosphere in the cellars, but that could either be just because they're cellars, or because of the awful stuff that happened in them at the end of the war.

Laura1812

Visit site
Cougar - this is really weird cos I had the same with a flushing loo 10 days ago!!
It was in a friends mobile home though - I thought there was someone in the toilet so was waiting patiently outside. Waited for ages and ages, heard the loo flush, carried on waiting - no one came out :eek:

So ventured into the bathroom and the toilet seat was down and there was no one there at all. But that loo did 100% flush of its own accord....

Went and told friend that her caravan was haunted and she said that it doesnt suprise her at all cos odd things happen in there all the time!!

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Cougar - this is really weird cos I had the same with a flushing loo 10 days ago!!
It was in a friends mobile home though - I thought there was someone in the toilet so was waiting patiently outside. Waited for ages and ages, heard the loo flush, carried on waiting - no one came out :eek:

So ventured into the bathroom and the toilet seat was down and there was no one there at all. But that loo did 100% flush of its own accord....

Went and told friend that her caravan was haunted and she said that it doesnt suprise her at all cos odd things happen in there all the time!!

she doesn't live in horsham does she?

xxxloz123

Visit site
When I was working in the pub a couple of years ago, I was polishing the cutlery in the kitchen. I put the cutlery in a plastic jug with some hot water to steam and I went into the next room to sort out the footy kit! So I was in the next room so I could see in the Kitchen so I knew no one was in there! I heard this massive crashing noise! Thinking ( GREAT the jug has fallen over) I went into the the kitchen and there was knives and fork EVERYWHERE! Yet the jug was still standing up and all the water was still in there! Creeped me out!
My mum still works there and she was in the same room as me the other day and she was sorting some raffle tickets out, and a chair moved 2 ft across the floor! Needless to say she ran out screaming :p

posie_honey

Visit site
ooh i love these stories :D
mine - we have a 'coffin trail' that runs past our holiday cottage in wales- first night we were down there we (M&D and i) all slept in the same room as no furniture - the dogs went mental and growled and yapped for ages at the wall that runs alonge side teh coffin trail - but would not go out when we opened the door...! but we jokingly said 'we're not here to bother you' and they have never done it since...

old cottage - always had odd things happening - but i never really felt content or setteled there - new cottage - love it - feels really welcoming - still odd things happen but has a lovely feel and never feel worried or scared there....

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Nope... cornwall!

Another haunted caravan??

yes!! I lived in a mobile home on a yard years ago and there were very strange things going on in there, one night it sounded like someone was running up and down in the hallway. Another time my bed started shaking, and lots of weird goings on. The toilet flushed on its own a couple of times, and I lived on my own!

Didn't help that we did a ouija board in there...

One time I went out with my friend to Brighton, when she dropped me off later that night my front door key was twisted round like a corkscrew, I stayed at her place that night!!

sakura

Visit site
when I first moved to this house my dogs would stare at seemingly nothing and bark continuously, they did eventually stop that though but my cats still stare wide eyed at things, creeps me out!

my mum has had the back of her top tugged once before, beds have been shaken occasionally, CD players have been turned on when everyone was in bed, the tap in the kitchen is constantly turned on etc etc the house is about 100 years old but has only had 2 previous owners, it was built for a lady and it's her we believe to still be here since it is HER house and the people we bought it from are pretty young and still very much alive! I'm not particularly scared of her, she seems to want to look after the house more than anything, least that's the feeling I get! Though my bathroom positively terrifies me at night and I will NOT look in that mirror! my mum has also had someone sit on her bed but that is something I could not cope with!

we've had a lotttt of animal activity though. we lost one cat at 13 from kidney failure, my mum woke one night to see him in his usual spot on her bed, my dad thought it was wishful thinking since he was her cat and very much loved by her, but then quickly changed his mind when he saw him for himself! a year after we lost him I felt 'something' jump onto my bed and lie behind my legs, I still believe it was him! one of my other cats also jumps over nothing on the ground, she takes off and lands over bare ground, it really scared me at first but it's obvious to us that they're the dogs we recently lost, so that's quite nice thinking they're still there - even if it does absolutely terrify my poor cat!!

bensonthewonderhorse

Visit site
When I first stayed round my OH parents house, we were in bed (sleeping) and I heard the front door open and footsteps up the stairs, I woke him up to say I thought his brother had just come in, but turned out he was in Brighton and no one else was home! I also thought for ages that his mum was smoking secretly in the upstairs toilet as I could smell cigarette smoke, and I knew she had given up, it was the only place in the house you could smell it! When I mentioned it to OH he caually said, "Oh no that's my grandad, before he died he stayed here and used to hang out the bathroom window smoking!!! That was fifteen years ago!

After that we used to stay at my house, I am happy to accept that there is paranormal activity out there but not sure I want to experience it myself!

Chavhorse

Visit site
Well I normally keep quiet about this as people tend to think you are deranged but as we all seem to be believers here.

The house where I grew up and my Father also grew up in was an old Victorian Pile complete with brick built stables and two paddocks at the back that would have originally been used for the carriage horses of the house and during my fathers childhood the hunters and riding horses of the family.

We had many things happening that all revolved around our horses and animals;

One night the photograph of my mothers horse Sandy flew off the sideboard for no reason at all, she put it back and carried on reading her book, when it flew off again she says she clearly heard a voice saying “Go to Sandy” she went out to the yard to find Sandy down in his stall suffering the first signs of colic.

Quite often when you were in the yard the horses would look past you and whicker to something/someone you could not see.

Sometimes you would look out of the window and see all three horses standing by the paddock gate whickering and rubbing up against something.

Our family dog could be seen sitting perfectly still wagging his tail and offering his paw to no one.

You could always smell pipe smoke in the tack room but no one in the family smoked.

My father always used to say “looks like Danny is here again” turns out Danny was the young groom who used to work at the house but was killed in World War II in 1940. He remembered him as a lovely gentle young man whom all of the horses he was looking after adored, he also used to smoke a pipe. Dad assumed that Danny had come back to look after our horses in the place that he loved.

Over the years many many things happened and it just became the norm to go to the stables in the morning and say "morning Danny" and "Night Danny" last thing. None of our animals were in the slightest bit worried by it.

Danny stayed around up until we had the last horse we kept at the house put to sleep in 1993 (my Father's Hunter aged 28) then seemed to disappear. My Mother sold the house in 2006 following my Father’s death to move into sheltered accommodation.

Truth being stranger than fiction I still have friends in the village and went back last year to visit. Met up with the new owners of the house in the pub and asked if all was well and did they love living there as much as we did to be told, we love it but really odd that since we bought our daughter a pony we keep smelling smoke in what you used to use as a tack room.

Pedantic

Visit site
Picture this, at home, alone. So I thought. Minding my own business. Getting ready for work. Husband and son at work. Daughter left for college so just me. Then it happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the downstairs loo flushes itself!!!!!!!!:eek::eek: now what do you guys make of that!!!!! Freaked me out I can tell you!!!!

Maybe someone had left a giant turd in the loo and it got fed up of looking at it, so flushed itself, clever toilet :rolleyes:

Wouldn't have been a ghost as they don't do jobees, do they ?

I sometimes think some people are so proud of their turds, they deliberately leave them lurking in the loo for everyone else to look at :mad:

catdragon

Visit site
Now thats spooky.

One day, my mum and dad were in the living room and heared the front door, downstairs, slam shut. They heard footsteps comming up the stairs, up the hall way, right up to the sitting room door and...nothing. Apparently they called and my dad checked, nobody there!

I've never had any spooky experience myself though, my mum and dad have apparently had a few!

I had a similar experience at my old workplace up at Castle Donington (race circuit- Toyah building)... I was working late as the computers had crashed and month end needed to be done. It was 9.30pm,one November and as I was alone I locked the door. I was upstairs in an office on a mezzanine floor, the stairs were made of metal.

I was working at my desk, I heard the outside door slam, then footsteps up the stairs (it was impossible NOT to make any noise on those stairs). I looked up expecting someone to be at my door, it didn't so I jumped up and opened the door, no-one was there and the workshop underneath was empty (i'd left all the lights on)...... I have never packed up my work so fast and when I got to the door...it WAS locked..... Needless to say I didn't stay late at night alone again...

I was then told that a lot of the overnight security had seen odd things... a lot of them... eek !

MagicMelon

Visit site
I'd have run out of the house as fast as hell! I keep hearing a weird noise in the downstairs toilet actually, freaks the hell out of me - its in the pipe, a weird fluttering sound which only happens nown and again if Im in the room and NOBODY else has heard it. I drag my BF in everytime it happens but always stops, he thinks Im nuts :( I also was in bed one night a month ago when BF was out and was due back late. I heard the door open and slam but then nothing else... weird, so I went downstairs and nobody was there... he came home an hour later... AGHHHHHHH.

tinkandlily

Visit site
Some spooky stuff, since i last read it :)

When i was about 12, i used to stay at my dads at the weekend, i used to sleep on the sofa, my bro top and tailed with my step bro, so i didn't have have a choice, anyway, every time i stayed there i could hear my dads keys rattling, for the first few times i just thought there was a draft coming from under the door (he sometimes left the keys in the door) but it was bugging so so much that i got up was going to take them out, but they weren't in the door!! they were on the table!! cue panick rising, i ran up stairs to tell my dad, but he just thought i was imagining it, so i got back into my sleeping bag and zipped it all the way round ( like its going to protect me :D), as soon as i got comfy, the rattling started again i was certinly sh**ing bricks.

Every time i went i kept the telly on so i couldn't hear it, but the odd time my dad would tell me to swich it off, and i could hear the b**ody keys!!!

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
Ooo, some proper spooky ones there, spesh the 'Danny' one where he looks after the horses.

I was daft and actually paid to stay somewhere haunted, Golden Fleece in York if anyones been? Was terrifying, bangs in the night, my ex (who was told he had the ability to become a medium if he wanted) saw things standing at the bottom of the bed, stuff in the mirror in the bathroom, the plug chain kept rattling. Was freaky as. As well, we got a video which was full of 'orbs' flitting about, and a photo where someones face was reflected in the door to the room but we were stood down the hallway no where near it. Wish i'd have been braver now and asked for them to do something, most haunted style :D

Spoooooky :D

tinkandlily

Visit site
Ooo, some proper spooky ones there, spesh the 'Danny' one where he looks after the horses.

I was daft and actually paid to stay somewhere haunted, Golden Fleece in York if anyones been? Was terrifying, bangs in the night, my ex (who was told he had the ability to become a medium if he wanted) saw things standing at the bottom of the bed, stuff in the mirror in the bathroom, the plug chain kept rattling. Was freaky as. As well, we got a video which was full of 'orbs' flitting about, and a photo where someones face was reflected in the door to the room but we were stood down the hallway no where near it. Wish i'd have been braver now and asked for them to do something, most haunted style :D

Spoooooky :D

Firstly, love your user name:D
Secondly, why would pay to spend the night somewhere haunted, are you mad? lol:eek:
Sounds spooky.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
That's funny, I was just telling someone the other day about my spooky experience and this thread is being written about the spooky flush!!

Now that's spooky!! :D

This is not my story but my friends Mum who seems to attract some funny ghosts. I went to visit for her birthday and her mum was telling me the latest event about how she poured a glass of wine for herself, left the kitchen for a minute to let the dogs in and then found the same glass upside down with the wine still at the bottom!

She's the kindest, bubbliest lady you ever could meet and even she can't stop laughing about her "pet" ghost' antics.

I am liking the tips of what to say to spooks very useful btw..

Alexart

Visit site
A friend of my sister - her mum came home to their very old cottage to find all her shoes out of their boxes in the wardrobe and laid out in circles on the floor, she also found the cutlery in the kitchen all in a big tower on the table, when she touched it, it all fell down. She also was walking up the stairs past the bathroom and there was an old guy sitting on the loo - he vanished after a double take!!!!

My mum also used to have creepy things happen to her - she was the night sister in charge of Winchester hospital which is an old victorian place, some of the wards were empty but she'd have to go through them to get to other parts of the hospital - whilst walking down the empty wards the buzzers at the side of the beds to call the nurse would go off as she walked past!! - others would rather go the long way round than go through the empty wards!!!!

Visit site
This is all good stuff!

My nan used to work at a local hospital and a similar thing happened. There were empty wards but she said when you go into them everything would be everywhere like bed covers, pillows ripped up she said it looked like a total mess. They eventually got a priest out to bless these specific wards as it is they found out it was previous a childrens hospital and a bomb hit in the war and it was the nurses (ghosts) looking for the children under all the rubble.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Reminds me of Harry Potter!!!!

Imagine if we could all see them going about thier ancient business (literally for some!!)??

LOL :D:D:D:D

kandm

Visit site
This paranormal, spiritual stuff scares the living **** into me. My Nan says she can "see" things, and so can her sisters. She did all the medium stuff, where the spirit comes into her body. My mum watched her do it once, and she (mum) said it was terrifying, apparently my nan spoke fluent french, and then snapped out of it. Now my nan is the most uneducated person you can know, so theres no way she knows french, so supposedly it's where the spirit was communicating through her.

My Nan gets feelings aswell, one night she woke up with one of my grandad's co-workers above her saying that he had died. Now my nan had never met this man, and didn't know he was any relations with my grandad. However she woke up my grandad telling him this man's name, what he looked like, saying he had died. Sure enough later that morning they got a call saying that this man had died during the night. My nan is always saying she is seeing people, scares the pants off me. If she says not to do something, I wont :p.

My Great Aunt (so nan's sister) had a son, and moved into a new house. As the son grew up he had a supposedly "imaginary friend", however my great aunt always had her feelings about it. As her son got older this imaginary friend would not leave him, so they had to get in a priest to release him from her son.

Where my mum grew up she said she swore on acouple of occasions she saw a little boy running up the stairs as she walked in, into her bedroom. And at the age of 14, she could not sleep in that room, she would sneak into the bathroom, as she said there was just an air about that room, and she felt terrified. Any other room was fine, but hers.

Where we go away on holiday in France is a Chateau. Now this chateau is hundreds of years old, so obviously has alot of history. Before we go away I have a dream about the room that I stay in, well a nightmare. When we went there this year I slept in that room the first night, originally the servants room, and I swear to god I woke up and saw a mother and a son and daughter beside my bed beside the door right by my bed. That was it, I had to sleep in the other room with the lights on :p. One year there was a cracking thunder and lightning storm, my two sisters and two friends and I were in the room I was just talking about, we looked out onto the lake, and we all swear that we saw a male like white figure walking across the middle of the lake, scary :|.

Also my mum used to be a nurse, and in one of the hospitals she worked at, there was a murder of a nurse in one of the lifts. From then onwards the lift would go crazy at night, up down, open closed. They had electricains (sp) came in, said nothing was wrong with it. However the lift carried on doing it. Apparently none of the nurses would use that lift at night. Supposedly haunted by the nurse that died.

I hate shutting my eyes in the shower, I hate the dark, but surprisingly always feel safe up the yard. Funny isn't it. What your mind can do to you :p.