Parelli

DaisyMae

Visit site
Has anyone here done any Parelli and what did you think?
cool.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
Here we go again...... just search parelli and see what people think........

I suggest that this is the last post..... I usually seem to kill a thread, so what better one to post on to test that theory!!!!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Damnation

Visit site
I do like some of the groundwork ideas with the psychology behind why horses behave and what to do. BUT.. The games and Linda's riding make me wanna cry..

Ezme

Visit site
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Half the horses with behavioral problems in this country are paralli horses gone wrong. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Normally I like to cherry pick things that make sence and work from different systems to taloir things to individual horses but sorry, paralli is a load of bull. If you want a confused, headshy horse who can stand on a little table or jump a barrel do it.

JM07

Visit site
take a look on "projecthorses"

Parelli training graveyard....

i shant be predictable and say its total bollox.......so i'll leave it there..
tongue.gif

Eira

Visit site
*RUNS BACK OUT OF THE THREAD SCREAMING*

No seriously I quote some-one else on here , Parelli is a pastime for middle age women who don't ride
smirk.gif

And I will have to call you Chief !!!

Please save your money and use common sense
crazy.gif

rss07

Visit site
I had an exam today... contrast and compare Parelli, Monty Roberts and conventional training methods.....

an hour of bliss...

soph21

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
think will join you sophie221

with a glass of wine

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive got a nice cup of tea! God I sound old! 21 going on 81 lol

I think Admin should do a sticky post warning newbies not to mention the P word on here!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Natural horsemanship's great! No really!
If you're scared of your horse, never want to work it, have spoiled it to the point where it won't lead, won't load, and certainly won't be ridden - Parelli, etc is for you!
It won't solve any of the above problems (you need more than a DVD, a ball, and a carrot stick for that
wink.gif
) but it will help you;
- not feel guilty about not riding
- blame a previous owner for your horse's behaviour (clearly abused)
- feel good that you are a caring and enlightened owner
- be smug when you see normal mortals riding, leading etc, and occasionally smacking their naughty horses - because you know better.
- if all else fails, you can then send him to Project Horse, where you can blame his dreadful behaviour on his last owner, despite the fact you've had him for 10 years, and ask exorbitant amounts of money, while trying to control the 'Natural Horsemanship' home he goes to (well, it's worked so well for you!).
THEN you can buy another horse schooled conventionally - and start afresh deschooling it...
S
grin.gif

PS If you really want to beat a NH trained horse - that's fine - you can whack it around the head with a 'long line' or beat its ass with a rope with knots in - (as long as you don't use a whip)

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Natural horsemanship's great! No really!
If you're scared of your horse, never want to work it, have spoiled it to the point where it won't lead, won't load, and certainly won't be ridden - Parelli, etc is for you!
It won't solve any of the above problems (you need more than a DVD, a ball, and a carrot stick for that
wink.gif
) but it will help you;
- not feel guilty about not riding
- blame a previous owner for your horse's behaviour (clearly abused)
- feel good that you are a caring and enlightened owner
- be smug when you see normal mortals riding, leading etc, and occasionally smacking their naughty horses - because you know better.
- if all else fails, you can then send him to Project Horse, where you can blame his dreadful behaviour on his last owner, despite the fact you've had him for 10 years, and ask exorbitant amounts of money, while trying to control the 'Natural Horsemanship' home he goes to (well, it's worked so well for you!).
THEN you can buy another horse schooled conventionally - and start afresh deschooling it...
S
grin.gif

PS If you really want to beat a NH trained horse - that's fine - you can whack it around the head with a 'long line' or beat its ass with a rope with knots in - (as long as you don't use a whip)

[/ QUOTE ]

that is Parelli described to a T!!!

OR...as i'd say if i was pushed...total bollox

Shannagolden

Visit site
OMG! Am glad 2 see that theres still some common sense in the world (JMo7 your so right.) Nobody means to offend GFloppet, its just been a sore talk point in the past! Oh dear ive had one too mant G&T's.
tongue.gif

soph21

Visit site
Can I let out the 1st worm LOL.
What I dont get is say for example you have a nervy/timid horse and you fart around with a carrot stick blah blah, and it gets used to the carrot stick, lovely.
What then happens when you try and have physical body contact or try and touch its feet with you're hand?
Its going to go fcuking nuts! Its only been used to you at arms length with a sticky thing!

So whats the point??????
You then have to spend ANOTHER 6 months getting it used to YOU!!!

lilpinkdonkey4

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is SO true, i never got that it was acceptable to whack them with a weighted rope yet oh nooo... not with your hand or a stick.
confused.gif

if someone would care to explain
smile.gif
?

rss07

Visit site
Hey Hey!!! it wasnt me that started it! I think its a load of tripe too!!! I had an enjoyable hour in my exam "parelli-bashing"....... just need to clear that up!