Pit Bulls kill cancer childs pony

Suzibn

Visit site
BAck years ago my first husband (God rot his soul in hell) shot two German Shepards in our backyard. We lived near LA Calif. at the time and he could have gone to jail for it. But these two dogs had killed four goats up the hill from us and we knew that for a fact. They also had just killed 100 of my chickens, not eaten, just KILLED. We had a 3 day old foal at mummy's foot and bang that was the end of that. Dead and burried and the whole neighbourhood relaxed once they figured the dogs were gone for good.
As to pups and aggression. There is a thing known as sudden rage syndrome which affects certain breeds, dalmations among them, which is why American dog breeders went nuts both times that Disney brought out yet another dalmation film for kids to go nuts over.
It's a viscious circle. iF ONE DOG in the chain has sudden rage syndrome then there is a chance that one or more pups may exhibit the same symptoms.
My rule is a strict one. No teeth on humans EVER. A bad dog bite and it's a needle in the leg, no questions asked. We cannot let dogs who exhibit sudden rage, or aggresion to people into the gene pool. We have enough trouble now, without breed specific laws. Wait til someone says your yorkie or poodle is now required to wear a muzzle!
It's gonna happen if people don't become more responsible.
Hey, Nijinski, are you a ballet fan like me or do you just like the name lol
Love ya
Suzi

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Very interesting - never heard of sudden rage syndrome before.

Nijinsky II after the horse - although I do believe that he was named after Nijinksy (dancer) as I think (Dancer) said he when he died he wanted to come back as a race horse - hence the name. Words to that effect anyway.

ecrozier

Visit site
I've heard of sudden rage syndrome before.....in reference to cocker spaniels.....my former riding instructor had one, nice dog - until the day it turned on her son. She had him pts obviously, but apparently for a while, self coloured cocker spaniels were a risk. Now I'm sure 20 people are going to come back and tell me that is ridiculous and they have the soppiest spaniel ever! Which I am sure is the case, but I have the soppiest rottie in the world, doesn't mean there aren't bad ones!
Echo all the above about JRTs, its always them that attack my rottie (he runs for it!)
Baileydoo - when you say that your lad could convert anyone to believing all labs are totally soppy - my rottie could do the same for his breed - our dog trainer when we did agility said she would recomend him as a PAT dog (Patient Animal Therapy to go into hospitals to visit patients).
I still wouldn't recommend you go to your local scrap yard, for example, and try being friendly with the chained up Rottie in the yard. Equally, if that was a lab....who is to say its behaviour would be any different? You just don't see them in that situation usually!

Also interesting - parents are ften happy for their kids to come up and make a fuss of Kaiber (who loves children). Then they ask if he is a labrador - I say no, he's a Rottweiler. Most of them grab their kids and virtually run for it! Now, that annoys me, because they are judging him on his breed, not his temprament/behaviour. And next time the kids sees a black dog, they'll be scared.

weevil

Visit site
Quick Reply.
While I agree that you cannot tar all dogs of a particular breed with the same brush and there are other factors, including environment/upbringing which affect the personality of a dog. The fact remains that dogs are bred to have particular characteristics, both cosmetic and also behavioural and while I do not expect every pit bull or rottie to atack me I am more carefull around certain breeds then others. If a dog has been bred for generations to exhibit a particular characteristic then it is likely that the dog will, at some point, show this trait.
For example, if I threw a tennis ball for my terriers then they would run after the ball and then "kill" it despite never having been specifically trained to do so. Yet if I threw the same ball to a retriever then they would chase the ball and bring it back to me.
I am not saying that all PBT's will try to rip my face off but the fact that they have been bred for fighting would make me think twice before keeping one as a family pet...

rascal

Visit site
Thats so sad, the poor little pony must have been terrified.
Having seen the damage one staffie did to my mother in laws 16.2 tb and he only had a 50/50 chance, his bites were horrific, he had one wound that someone stuffed one of those thick padded body warmers in to stop the bleeding, it was awful! He was OK but the dog owner just left and diddnt even ask if Billy was OK!
Our own horses were also chased by a staffie luckily we were there and caught the dog by someone diving on it. It just went mad.
I also think all these pit bull type dogs should either be banned or muzzled. Yes any dog can kill but its been bred into these dogs for a long time and for the size of the dog they are increadably strong so more able to do damage. Dog fighting is quite common in the midlands and the drug dealers also have these type of dogs to intimidate and show off with. Its not the dogs but the type of person they attract thats the real problem.

prose

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't think to comment about APBTs, as I don't know any really

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is part of the problem. How many responsible people do you know who own a Pit Bull? I know many, and the dogs are wonderful. Banning them only drives breeding and idiotic ownership rates skyward.

They are the fourth most popular breed in NYC. While dogfighting is a terrible problem here, the many good people I know who own Pits prove that much has to do with how a dog is raised/trained on an ongoing basis.

The most unpredictable dog I've ever known was my recent foster, a Golden/Spaniel mix. Twice he attacked my dog, as well as having a good go at someone's arm. The sweetest dog I've ever known? Hands down, a Pit called Seymour who is a trained therapy dog and visits sick people in hospital.