Please help if you can

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I know they are a very emotive subject but as a last ditch chance for waht sounds like a nice dog would you consider an E collar?? Used in the right way they can be a very effective tool, I know someone who used one on a stock chaser, it was that or it would be shot, dog now just wears the collar on the beep setting and totally respects it, making life nicer for all - if your'e not comfortable with it that's fine, just thought I'd mention it.

^^^^ I am another who (hate to say it) thought of this; this situation sounds truly desperate and IF this is the only way to try and instill some sense of respect in this dog - and the ONLY other alternative is to PTS, then personally I would be for trying it.

So sorry OP that you find yourself in this position. There are no easy answers, but at the end of the day you are doing your best to be a responsible owner and ensure that the very best possible is done for this dog; and also to protect your neighbour's stock as well.

Horrible dilemma, feeling for you.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
What about the no fence containment affairs inside the fence think it works by shocking the dog as it gets to the boundary. Might sound cruel but if she learns its better than the alternative
This was going to be my suggestion. A lady my daughter worked for had several dogs and lived on a difficult to secure plot, huge garden blending into a bit of forestry, yard and surrounding paddocks etc.
They put up one of these electric boundaries and the dogs had collars. They did learn . It’s not really cruel, much like electric fencing for horses. They only get a zap if they cross the line.