Please help save London's largest farm/ home to 70 horses.

ruthb

Visit site
I'm very, very proud to say that we have got 800+ signatures for our petition in just 48 hours. The petition runs for a year, to next October, so I'd be incredibly grateful if you'd keep on signing. The local residents' group, also anti, keep saying "where are all these people coming from?". They have no idea about the strength of the horsey community ...
I'm going to ask one other thing. As well as a petition we need individual letters of objection to this, can come from anywhere in the UK. I realise most of you don't know the area but object on principle. I have a list of points we need to raise so it wouldn't take long - many of you have spontaneously said them anyway on this site. If any of you could spare 10 minutes to write we would be forever in your debt. Please either message me or email me at ruthblooomfield@hotmail.com (and those three o's are correct!) and I'll gladly send u the info and the link (you can object online so won't even need a stamp).
Thank you so much for your response, warms the heart. :)

Steorra

Visit site
Nudging this thread to the top, hoping to catch any Friday evening forumers who might be willing to help. Almost 1000 names! Thanks again to everyone :)

Bernster

Visit site
I'm very, very proud to say that we have got 800+ signatures for our petition in just 48 hours. The petition runs for a year, to next October, so I'd be incredibly grateful if you'd keep on signing. The local residents' group, also anti, keep saying "where are all these people coming from?". They have no idea about the strength of the horsey community ...
I'm going to ask one other thing. As well as a petition we need individual letters of objection to this, can come from anywhere in the UK. I realise most of you don't know the area but object on principle. I have a list of points we need to raise so it wouldn't take long - many of you have spontaneously said them anyway on this site. If any of you could spare 10 minutes to write we would be forever in your debt. Please either message me or email me at ruthblooomfield@hotmail.com (and those three o's are correct!) and I'll gladly send u the info and the link (you can object online so won't even need a stamp).
Thank you so much for your response, warms the heart. :)

Send me the details and I will do a letter - I have lessons there and it is def nicer without a whacking great unnecessary golf course there!

Snowysadude

Visit site
Signed although the deadline appears to have passed 3 days ago now :(
I have always wanted to gallop across a golf course (much to my Oh's horror everytime I mention it! :D )

We have a few that are local to the yard and have ridden through and at university there was a bridle path going straight through a golf course - we used to canter and duck every time we heard someone shout! It was a good job I had a safe cob at the time!

Steorra

Visit site
Thanks to all the new signer-uppers, and extra special thanks to Cinnamontoast (who I must know but can't identify! Like a mysterious benefactress :D ) for volunteering to write a letter. I've PM'd you.

The date on the petition is 2014 so you can definitely still sign!

I wonder how long it would take for the horses to learn to duck...

Mike007

Visit site
The great con about golf courses and the presumed shortage is that it is based on waiting lists for membership . But people put their names down for several clubs and generaly only join one.I once rented a farm and the local council spent a fortune and a seven year legal battle (ultimately before the "master of the rolls court"to break my tennancy,in order to sell the land for a "fortune" as a golf course. Their greed broke my heart and the land now sits empty. Good luck with your campaign.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Hi

Do you have a link to the planning consultation?

Are legal challenges being prepared or are you relying upon names on a petition? Worthy though that is it will still need to be robustly challenged with regard to the law and planning policies (if there are any left).

ruthb

Visit site
Sussex, sounds like you know all about this.
There is still time to object to Barnet Council and the link is here: http://acolaidpublic.barnet.gov.uk/...iveTab=makeComment&keyVal=_BARNE_DCAPR_289745

Anyone who had the time to write a letter of objection to Barnet Council (its an online form so doesn't take that long) would be very much welcomed to do so. And while I of course wouldn't want to put words into anyone's mouth it is true that there are certain arguments that are relevant in terms of planning (ie: damage to wildlife habitats) and others that they do not need to take notice of (ie: loss of horse riding facilities) so it might help with some ideas. If you'd like the list we've drawn up then pls PM me and I'll send it on asap - deadline for objections is the 31st.

mhorses

Visit site
Dare I ask the outcome? I have a great deal of interest as my family lived close by when I was growing up. I loved the tranquility of Edgewarebury lane and have been thinking about Bury farm a lot since hearing about this proposed golf course at year.