Political correctness gone mad? Shilpa - Big Brother

ThomasTank

Visit site
IMO I think Jade is extremely uneducated and of low intelligence. She thinks everyone loves her and she looks big and cool doing what shes doing. I feel sorry for her when she comes out coz she is going to get such a shock. Its playground mentality. It is bitching, bullying and intimidation but not IMO racism. What is though is when whatsisname Jackson was asked if his wife was black and his reply was 'of course she is'. now THATS racism. If a white person was asked that question and the reply was 'of course she is' , there would be up roar............... Just my little thought.......

suestowford

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and the ratings have gone up for BB by 20%

[/ QUOTE ]

...which considering that this so-called celeb line up has to be the weakest one on any show, ever, is quite an achievement. Do you think the CBB producer paid the girls to say these things to boost their ratings? It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Sal_E

Visit site
Ha ha. The MP is an idiot IMO - the fact he is ALSO Asian is neither here nor there. However, for you to make that connection is somewhat racist!!!
tongue.gif

X

xspiralx

Oh god no, its them doing it themselves. There would be an outcry if that came out, and I doubt the girls would willingly damage their reputation.

I liked the CBB with Kenzie and the others, was awesome!

evsj

Visit site
It is not racism but it is definately bullying. Makers of CBB are milking it and purposefully not intervening, I think, to try and encourage a racist outburst from one of the bullies. Must be great for the viewing figures - everyone is talking about it.

The best thing to come out of this is the prospect that that 'thing' known as Jade Goody may actually be villified and shunned by the public and people will stop buying those [****] magazines with interviews with her in every week which pay this talentless, ignorant and retarded person millions in wages.

One of the biggest crimes in entertainment is how this person has made so much money from being thick as sh*t and totally talentless. Good ridance.

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
I always find it funny how we have to be so PC, and accept other cultures, yet we then get told that we should follow that culture when we go somewhere else!
If we say anything slightly out of line we have comimted a haneous crime, but they can completely rubbish our way of life and beliefs etc.

There is no winning!

We have students come over here on exchange with us who then complain that its 'not like home' I mean DUH!!!!

And as for that German speaking job advert. WHen I did my employment law module at college I was told that if the job requires someone of a specific denomination ,like a chinese person for a chinese restaurant, then you are legally allowed to specify this and it is NOT discrimination as you are keeping the 'authenticity' of the restaurant etc.

Sooty

Visit site
Ok, it wasn't as bad as last year, but putting Jackie Stallone in with Brigitte Nielsen was asking for trouble, and John McCrirrick was horrible to everyone. But nothing on the scale of Pete Burns and Michael Barrymore last year.

sojeph

Visit site
TBH, if Jade really was racist she would have seriously blurted something out by now. She has no self control as far as her mouth goes. They are not plotting and planning how to make Shilpa suffer..they just don't like her. I don't much either but I'm neither a bully or racist.
As for the sponsors...they'll be back...Kate Moss anyone?!!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
I think its difficult to separate the bullying from possible racism - but if you add up all the "almost" remarks, "The Indian"; "Shilpa should f*** off back to India" (Danielle); "You don't know where their hands have been .." etc, etc - its seems to me that they do have a strong racist undertone. But the main thing is 2 or 3 not very bright, not very pretty people who have never achieved anything through their own efforts being shown up by someone who is a real success in her own country, and is fifty times more beautiful and intelligent - and the only way that they know how to deal with this is to become bullies. If Jade is voted out, watch Danielle start to make up to Shilpa!

sojeph

Visit site
sorry but you've changed those words to suit and thats alot of the problem here. Danielle did not say she should go back to India she said she wished she would go home as in leave the show. If you want it to appear racist then its quite easy to read into them.
So, how is it ok to call someone White Trash. Why is everyone not up in arms about that? Because Jackie is uneducated, not a pretty sight and loud? and Jermaine is a Jackson? Jackie loves India and asked Shilpa all about herself..not the actions of a racist surely?

Sooty

Visit site
I have watched those clips on the news over and over, and cannot see what is racist. I also cannot see Shilpa claiming they are racist remarks. They are deeply unpleasant comments and there is a lot of ganging up on her, but I can't see it as racist.

flying_change

photobucket.com
I do tend to agree that it's borderline 'not quite racist'. I do wonder though what someone would have to say in order for it to be unambiguously racist ?

RS

sojeph

Visit site
Shilpa has said in the diary room (to be shown properly tomorrow) that she doesn't think she is a victim of racism. I really do think this has got out of hand. THE only person to refer to colour several times is Jermaine Jackson. This is 2 people from 2 very different backgrounds not getting on. If it had been Jade and Jo noone would have batted an eyelid.

Sooty

Visit site
What makes me really angry is that in this country and others, in this day and age, people are denied jobs because of their colour. This is real racism, not some swearing and bickering in a tv game show. Race is definitely not an issue here, Jade cannot control her mouth for a minute and not once has she used a racist insult, even in the heat of the moment. It is a ratings issue, the show was the dullest ever - even the celebs had no idea who the others were! - and wasn't making any money. I bet Channel 4 wished they had kept quiet now...

Sal_E

Visit site
SBG - what the show ACTUALLY 'heavily features' is human nature, that's all. Yes, it's heightened & yes it's recorded (as opposed to real life where you can get away with making throw-away bitchy comments with no thought & no-one actually records it & holds you to it).

I would LIKE to say that I wouldn't behave like that if I were in the house, but certainly anyone who is 'disgusted' with the behaviour is likely to have a poor grasp of human nature & a serious lack of self-analysis.

Sooty - I totally agree with all your posts of this subject - totally same wave-length
grin.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm voting for Jade, want to see how the other two witches get on without their leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you vote for the person you want to stay so be careful not to make the wrong selection !

RLF

Visit site
he he, i won't, make sure im watching tonight, want to see the crowd booo her and what she thinks of all this fuss she's caused

MagicMelon

Visit site
Did you hear Jade wont be appearing in front of the crowds tonight if she gets evicted, from fear of being attacked?? What a joke.

If Shilpa had been white, she would have had the same bullying and nobody would have thought anything about it. I feel sorry for her of course, poor girl. However, JUST because some whites are giving "an Indian" (which she IS!) hasstle, racism gets yelled! I mean COME ON PEOPLE!!!

As for those people in India burning things in protest - how the HELL do they know anything about BB??