Poorly puppy

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm so sorry! It's a horrible decision to have to make at any age but for one so young....

She certainly was a beautiful dog and had such a lovely time with you.

maisie06

Visit site
So sorry to hear this devastating news, take comfort in the fact she had a wonderful life with you and you made the bravest decision to stop her suffering. RIP Wolfie xxx

hobo

Visit site
So so sorry JB not much else I can say some times life is not fair. At least she had such a lovely time with you and you were a very devoted owner.

monkeymad

Visit site
I am a lurker but wanted to come on and say how so very sorry I am for your loss. Dogs have the most beautiful souls but are heartbreakers x

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Although I don't have a dog at the moment I like reading about them and I'm truly sorry for your loss JB. So devastating to lose such a lovely young dog xx

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Just caught up with this and was so hoping for a better outcome :( JB, Im so, so sorry for your loss. I think Lev said further back, and I echo it, thank you for being there for her when she needed you, both at the beginning and the end. A truly heartbreaking decision to have to make, doubly so for such a young pup, but she knew only happiness with you, those pics are fabulous and its clear she was much loved. A beautiful little pup and now at peace x

Pinkvboots

Visit site
There's no easy way to say this, but she's gone. We were referred down to Southern Counties in Ringwood and they assessed her. They said that it was either a tumour or an infection: a tumour would have been inoperable due to its location, and the infection would take weeks of hospitalisation and intravenous ab's with a guarded outcome, so we had to make the hardest decision. I can't believe she's gone, so young, not even 8 months old. I held her in my arms and as she started going, she moved her head to rest it on my arm.

oh JB I am so sorry you poor thing you must be devastated she was so young bless her I am sitting here in tears :( you gave her a lovely life for the short time she was here x

Parly

Visit site
Oh no... :( I had to have my Springer Spaniel put to sleep late last year after her second collapse in as many weeks with an illness that floored her and baffled the vet. Remember holding her in one arm, signing the euthanasia consent form with the other and homing in on “Aged 8yrs, 3months” which made me feel so angry and cheated out of her. Can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose yours at just 8-months that's so cruel.

We'll catch up with all the dogs loved and lost one day I'm sure. For now it's only goodnight and God bless xxxx

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Thank you all so much for your lovely kind comments. I'm totally discombobulated, neither of us can stop crying.

When we were trying to make the decision, I put a call in to our regular vet who came out of a consult to call me back. He was absolutely lovely, told us we were making the right decision and said to give her a hug from him, he sounded like he was on the edge of tears too. That was the impact she had on everyone she met, hardly anyone could pass us by without saying how beautiful she was, but I guess she was just too beautiful for this world.

I've probably posted most of these before but here's a selection of a favourite few pics of her.

When we first got her
20170218_085940_zpsj332b0nr.jpg

A good cushion for the Westie
20170417_184631_zpsb67pzstb.jpg

Her first trip to the beach
20170409_202404_zpslqbh3ac6.jpg

Waking me up on my birthday
20170429_063459_zpsj0cqwqks.jpg

Life is heartbreaking sometimes, but it looks, and sounds, as if she couldn't have had a better life, than the time she was with you. I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((((Hugs))))))

silv

Visit site
I have been following your thread and hoping there would be some good news. So very sorry to read this today, life is so unfair, take care xx.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Thank you all for your comments, each and every one of you. I'm so glad you can all see how beautiful she was, I wish her temperament could have been photographed as she really was such a lovely affectionate girl. Everyone who met her absolutely adored her, and we were often stopped when out with her for people to admire her, I guess she was just too good for this world.

Moobli

Visit site
She was utterly gorgeous and I am sure you fitted more fun, love and joy into her short life than many dogs have in a lifetime. Take some comfort from that.

My heart breaks for you x

Aru

Visit site
So sorry to hear your news. There are no words for the sadness when such a young dog and their family has to go through these things. You eased her pain and discomfort when she needed you to make hard decisions having given even viable avenue a go and gave her the best life any dog could hope for, a family who loved her.

I'm so sorry for your loss.