Poorly puppy

Shady

Visit site
JB , iv'e dithered over writing this as i don't know you in real life and we are all very different people when it comes to dealing with loss.
When i lost my Weim Loki in May it totally broke me, i couldn't believe how awful the house felt without him and i cried more tears than over any other tragedy iv'e had in my life. I didn't think i wanted another, it wouldn't be him etc but my OH wanted one and i was drawn in and was actually quietly cheered by it. From the moment i saw little Weim Nickel i knew he would ease the loss and bring a different sort of energy and love back in the house, and he has Jenn, he's amazing, totally different in some ways but with all the funny Weim stuff that i love. I know that you are hurting and it's bloody awful and that you will certainly not find another dog like Woolfie but i'd like you to know that having another dog has really healed me and i hope that given a little time you find another little scrap of joy to help you. xxxx

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
JB , iv'e dithered over writing this as i don't know you in real life and we are all very different people when it comes to dealing with loss.
When i lost my Weim Loki in May it totally broke me, i couldn't believe how awful the house felt without him and i cried more tears than over any other tragedy iv'e had in my life. I didn't think i wanted another, it wouldn't be him etc but my OH wanted one and i was drawn in and was actually quietly cheered by it. From the moment i saw little Weim Nickel i knew he would ease the loss and bring a different sort of energy and love back in the house, and he has Jenn, he's amazing, totally different in some ways but with all the funny Weim stuff that i love. I know that you are hurting and it's bloody awful and that you will certainly not find another dog like Woolfie but i'd like you to know that having another dog has really healed me and i hope that given a little time you find another little scrap of joy to help you. xxxx

Thank you, at the moment I feel the same as you did, a big part of me doesn't want another dog as I don't want to ever have to go through that again and I'm not sure any other dog could measure up to my beautiful girl. Maybe in time, but I couldn't cope right now, it's too raw, I miss her every second.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Thank you, at the moment I feel the same as you did, a big part of me doesn't want another dog as I don't want to ever have to go through that again and I'm not sure any other dog could measure up to my beautiful girl. Maybe in time, but I couldn't cope right now, it's too raw, I miss her every second.

I lost a 18 months old Lab to non-Hodgekin's Lymphoma, I also had her sister. I decided that I couldn't leave the sister on her own, so looked for another pup and found an unregistered one living near to my parents, who came home a week later. The one I had left had cried every morning since her sister's death and did so again on the first morning with the pup but never again. It was definitely the right decision. Interestingly the sister lived to just about 6 weeks before her 15th birthday, despite being epileptic, and the new pup lived to be 15 too.

Of course, you must do what you are comfortable with. All the best.

Last edited: