Potential New Horse Thread - Vetting Today!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Okay so I may have put a deposit down on an unseen, unbacked 3yo - eeeek! Not the best timing, I wasn’t supposed to be looking in earnest yet but I saw him on Facebook and just had to enquire. I’ve just got off the phone with the most Irish sounding man I have ever heard who told me he may be able to do the two stage vetting and bloods today (I had no idea it was common to work today in Ireland) so quicker than I thought!

He’s 16.2hh, Class 1 ID and will grey out (hopefully slowly!). Lived in a herd his whole life as owned since a foal, but now brought out and handled, rugged, bathed, trimmed and has seen the farrier. His movement is gorgeous! Dealer (Adam Ferris) reckons he will make 16.3hh. I’m hoping I have been a little more sensible than my 18hh+ warmbloods that have a tendency to break, but I am still feeling really quite apprehensive.

He is as yet unnamed, so without counting my chickens, suggestions welcome!

I am absolutely bricking it but also super excited.

517BD9A5-0025-4045-8720-0CE8DA5B4CF9.jpegFC372EE9-E5FF-4646-880C-59BF64BE0859.jpeg

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Congratulations!!!

I bought mine unseen from Ireland too. I blame @Ambers Echo as she had just done so and was off having fun!

It was exceedingly exciting, tracking his boat across the sea and waiting for the box to arrive on the driveway, knowing that the contents, whatever it had been, was mine!

Good luck with the vetting. The vet I used was next-day, very Irish, and very efficient. Very practical to talk to. I decided Tuesday, vetted Wednesday, left his home Thursday and arrived Friday!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Congratulations!!!

I bought mine unseen from Ireland too. I blame @Ambers Echo as she had just done so and was off having fun!

It was exceedingly exciting, tracking his boat across the sea and waiting for the box to arrive on the driveway, knowing that the contents, whatever it had been, was mine!

Good luck with the vetting. The vet I used was next-day, very Irish, and very efficient. Very practical to talk to. I decided Tuesday, vetted Wednesday, left his home Thursday and arrived Friday!
Thanks! Wow that is quick - it’s you, AE, Michen and another poster who’s name escapes me who’s experiences are keeping me optimistic that I haven’t done something absolutely mental 😂. I need a strangles test for the yard so mine won’t be as quick as I think they’re 7 days returns?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I was looking through his breeding.
I like Macca as a name or Mac 😊

I actually quite like Mac! Dougie was the other contender.. I like proper blood names like Dave but he’s not quite Roman nosed/chunky looking enough for that I don’t think.
I absolutely WAS NOT looking, you’re right! 🤣

Thanks all for the kind comments, I’m glad you like him! I will update with how the vetting goes…. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I actually quite like Mac! Dougie was the other contender.. I like proper blood names like Dave but he’s not quite Roman nosed/chunky looking enough for that I don’t think.
I absolutely WAS NOT looking, you’re right! 🤣

Thanks all for the kind comments, I’m glad you like him! I will update with how the vetting goes…. 🤞🏼🤞🏼
He is going to be a smasher! My friend just got one from ireland 16.3 and only 2 and just been gelded lol 😂

He is absolutely gorgeous though

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
His action is super and very athletic for such a chunky boy. He looks a really nice sort, you should have a lot of fun with him.

I thought so too, when I saw the video that’s what cinched it - an ID was always the goal, but an ID with movement I couldn’t look away from!

Daithi means fast and agile someone who is a ruler of ireland!
Yuki fun and loving
Seller is supposed to be great so fingers crossed for you!! He’s stunning

Ooh, how do you pronounce Daithi? I like that too!
He is going to be a smasher! My friend just got one from ireland 16.3 and only 2 and just been gelded lol 😂

He is absolutely gorgeous though
Tell her she should post on here!

Congratulations and good luck!
Thank you! And thanks for looking at the video - I was sent more photos of his back end and have asked the vet to have a good look so hopefully it’s just immaturity!

He looks gorgous. My unseen from Ireland punt has turned out incredibly well. Lottue is an absolute superstar.
If he turns out anything like Lottie I’ll be a lucky woman! You give me hope that I’m not insane 🤣
Finn (the giant) but I love Mac. Love his pinky colouring.

He’s gorgeous, what a lovely face. 😍
I like Finn too but unfortunately OH and I have earmarked it as a potential child name so that’s a no go really 🤣

Misty, from his sire and colour related, and Mystique Beggan as a show name.
Love the inclusion of Beggan in the show name! Not sure if misty is a little feminine for him though..

he is lovely, hope he vets and gets here OK. Rafferty. Always fancied Raffy for such a horse.
Raffy! I like that too.. this could be a tricky one to choose.

JBM

Visit site
I thought so too, when I saw the video that’s what cinched it - an ID was always the goal, but an ID with movement I couldn’t look away from!

Ooh, how do you pronounce Daithi? I like that too!

Tell her she should post on here!

Thank you! And thanks for looking at the video - I was sent more photos of his back end and have asked the vet to have a good look so hopefully it’s just immaturity!

If he turns out anything like Lottie I’ll be a lucky woman! You give me hope that I’m not insane 🤣

I like Finn too but unfortunately OH and I have earmarked it as a potential child name so that’s a no go really 🤣

Love the inclusion of Beggan in the show name! Not sure if misty is a little feminine for him though..

Raffy! I like that too.. this could be a tricky one to choose.
I pronounce it Da-he some people down south pronounce it doh-he

PurBee

Visit site
He’s a stunner shetland! Gosh, that movement…the beautiful synchronised float! I could rewatch that over and over .. no wonder youre smitten 😁
And a really strong face with kindness in his expression..what a find 😍
Fingers crossed the vetting etc procedures go well and he’s with you to share with us as another HHO favourite! 🥳