Prince update!

RHM

Visit site
I absolutely love these updates. You should be so proud of what you have done for your beautiful horse! With all the crap in the world it’s great to get a happy ending! And for future reference there is no such thing as too many photos!

Keira 8888

Visit site
Hi all!

Hope you are all well (and bearing up in these difficult times ?)

Just thought I would give a little Prince update.

He is doing extremely well still. Looks fantastic and the farrier is very pleased with his feet finally ?

We are currently working on his manners at the mounting block. Have made so much progress this week and he now lines himself up for me! He is a very clever boy ?

I can now lunge him on my own (not very well but I’m trying to improve!) and we have been doing some very basic liberty work in the school which he seems to enjoy very much! I think someone must have put a lot of time and care into training him earlier in life.

So all in all a very good start to the year! I’m so looking forward to the spring and having some adventures together.

Keira and Prince x

Attachments

• ACA4F304-C48F-40A6-8CB0-4F87EA397C54.jpeg
    ACA4F304-C48F-40A6-8CB0-4F87EA397C54.jpeg
    623.3 KB · Views: 83

Lucky Snowball

Visit site
Hi Keira, I followed your thread when you first bought Prince - he is such a lucky horse to have found you. You have been the most amazing owner. Do you still see the gentleman who offered a pony for your daughter to ride?

Keira 8888

Visit site
Hi Keira, I followed your thread when you first bought Prince - he is such a lucky horse to have found you. You have been the most amazing owner. Do you still see the gentleman who offered a pony for your daughter to ride?
Hi lucky snowball! Ahh thank you, that’s so kind ? Prince has taught me so much! Yes - I used to go to visit him just to say hello and have a cup of tea but I feel so sad now it’s lockdown :( He must be lonely :(

Sprat

Visit site
I missed this thread when you first posted, but wanted to pop on and say what a wonderful transformation! Prince is certainly very lucky to have found you. I've been following your various posts with him and you have done a brilliant job. Not many first time owners would have the sense and tenacity to deal with his various problems, and in turn solve said problems. He looks in great shape, what a lovely shiny coat he has now!

Looking forward to seeing more from you and Prince :)

Keira 8888

Visit site
Hi all!

Hope everyone is well.

Quick Prince update ?? He is doing very well and in fine fettle. The kids are (finally!!!) going back to school on Monday so I can get started with more consistent work during the week.

His dear personality is starting to come through more and more - I think he is starting to trust that he isn’t going to be passed from pillar to post anymore.

Here he is with my friends little boy - adoring the attention!

Keira and Prince x

Attachments

• 7DCD58AA-C594-4D15-AE40-0841C756E96B.jpeg
    7DCD58AA-C594-4D15-AE40-0841C756E96B.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 8E1EC6C0-68A2-4A1E-845C-86EEBB19D93C.jpeg
    8E1EC6C0-68A2-4A1E-845C-86EEBB19D93C.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 6D65955F-5185-4316-9955-D2A33CDB9DD7.jpeg
    6D65955F-5185-4316-9955-D2A33CDB9DD7.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 109

Keira 8888

Visit site
I missed this thread when you first posted, but wanted to pop on and say what a wonderful transformation! Prince is certainly very lucky to have found you. I've been following your various posts with him and you have done a brilliant job. Not many first time owners would have the sense and tenacity to deal with his various problems, and in turn solve said problems. He looks in great shape, what a lovely shiny coat he has now!

Looking forward to seeing more from you and Prince :)
Thank you very much ???

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Shiny horse! He is looking well and I'm so pleased you are enjoying him.

Keira 8888

Visit site
Hi guys!

Trying to work out how to post a few videos of the old hair ball! Hopefully this will work ??

We have been working hard on backing up politely lately in hand (he used to barge through me like a freight train!!) Am so happy with how we are getting on considering my woeful lack of experience and his intimidating strength and lack of trust! But somehow we are pottering forwards together ?
Really hope this video link works!!

Prince 1

Keira 8888

Visit site
Ok!! Hopefully this vid will come through ok!

So we have been working really hard on trust and respect (and truthfully me not being scared of him due to his size and history ?)
We have been doing repetitive work on lining him up next to our crappy old yard mounting block (the WORST mounting block in the world as it squeaks and moves every time you get on ?) He used to kick backwards and then run away from it BUT now we can do this! After months of (very novice) repetition! Please be kind as I don’t have an ounce of experience - just trying my best ?? Any constructive comments MASSIVELY appreciated as always xxx

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.