Racing this weekend

Gamebird

Visit site
T
Nicky's horses are camping at Doncaster racecourse for the night. Sarah had enough time on her hours to get there.
That was my first suggestion when I heard about it. They were supposed to be racing today so they'd be set up anyway. I do feel a little sorry for Shark Hanlon's horse who travelled over there to run today.

Visit site
T

That was my first suggestion when I heard about it. They were supposed to be racing today so they'd be set up anyway. I do feel a little sorry for Shark Hanlon's horse who travelled over there to run today.

That's the thing, until you are told otherwise you have to keep going as if its on.

Musselburgh had a 6.30am inspection this morning - you'd think being before daylight it would be cut and dry yes or no. Nope! Put back to 8am. I arrived at Musselburgh at 8.45am. Put my handbrake on and the call came to say it was off. Erses.

McGrools

Visit site
It's not that cold here at Newbury. The fog has stayed and insulated everything. The water in the gutters of the stable yard is still water with no sign of ice what so ever. It does get colder at day break but if the fog stays down a bit longer it will be absolutely grand.
Yay! Fingers crossed 🤞

Visit site
I'm just laughing at everyone saying we'll done to Doncaster racecourse for putting Shishkon and Constitution Hill up for the night 😂 I suppose its only an inside racing thing to know that you can stop and stay at any racecourse in the country at any time whether there is racing there or not if you need to. The courses can say no but none ever do.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Hoping to get back to watch but stuck in town which is rammed with people, there's barely any staff available for things I need to do face to face hence the queues of people 😬 you think they'd have extra people available especially as one of these places is the post office

Gamebird

Visit site
He's always had them - they've just got more obvious as he's got whiter. I did hear the reason, but I've forgotten.

Gamebird

Visit site
Meanwhile the craic is that we may see Shiskin over hurdles next week in the rearranged Fighting Fifth at Sandown, but Constitution Hill may not run. It's too close to the Christmas Hurdle now, so he'll likely only run in one or the other.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Was at Newbury yesterday and it was excellent but cold!!. The day was overcast until the afternoon when the sun came out. As we were leaving the mist was starting to form but as the course is in the middle of Newbury and surrounded by buildings microclimate conditions probably exist. When we got home it was freezing hard locally but we are exposed and in the countryside.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Excellent camera work there to work around the fog
They have a "tracker" camera mounted on top of a SUV which is able to follow the whole course right next to the rails. The footage yesterday was excellent and I suspect if they did not have that the race judge and stewards would not have a clue about the race as it was run given todays conditions!!

Visit site
What’s the news on Ahoy Señor Elf? He seems to just run out of puff?

He's fine, it's a big ask off of top weight. He is more of a spring horse anyway. I think he goes to the Cotswold chase next.

Humphrey ran in the last - apparently 😂 I couldn't see any of it and I lead the bugger up 😂 he's not good enough for that company but he has been running so well he deserved his chance in it.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Did you lead Hank up all I could see on TV was a pair of legs!! I decided not to go to Newbury due to the fog as I thought TV coverage would be better 😉

Gamebird

Visit site
He's fine, it's a big ask off of top weight. He is more of a spring horse anyway. I think he goes to the Cotswold chase next.

Humphrey ran in the last - apparently 😂 I couldn't see any of it and I lead the bugger up 😂 he's not good enough for that company but he has been running so well he deserved his chance in it.
Your boss said straight to the Gold Cup...! 😱