Racing this weekend

Visit site
Did you lead Hank up all I could see on TV was a pair of legs!! I decided not to go to Newbury due to the fog as I thought TV coverage would be better 😉

No Jaimie always takes Hank wherever he goes. I had to go too to do Humph as she needed someone with her she could trust to sort the next horse, drive the truck and not annoy her whilst she gets in a tizz about Hank 😂

Visit site
They put them out between the 1st and 2nd races which gives them a load more publicity than having the parade an hour before racing. The problem with doing that though is they have very, very limited time. So they did 2 circuits of the parade ring, walk down to the last hurdle and trot back and then back off to their boxes. So whilst the timing was better they spent way way less time in the paddock than they ever have before.

Maddie Moo

Visit site
It’s going to be interesting to see if Sharjah can build on his Grade 3 last time out to take the Grade 1 novice chase. Only 5 runners in that as well.

Impaire Et Passe is definitely the one to beat in the Hatton‘s Grace, hopefully he will keep his unbeaten record.

Gamebird

Visit site
It’s going to be interesting to see if Sharjah can build on his Grade 3 last time out to take the Grade 1 novice chase. Only 5 runners in that as well.

Impaire Et Passe is definitely the one to beat in the Hatton‘s Grace, hopefully he will keep his unbeaten record.
Sharjah is just such a lovely horse, and very straightforward. I think anything he does now is a bonus. Wouldn't it be lovely for him to have a grade 1 over fences to add to his collection?

bonny

Visit site
Sharjah is just such a lovely horse, and very straightforward. I think anything he does now is a bonus. Wouldn't it be lovely for him to have a grade 1 over fences to add to his collection?
Strange to see a horse who last won the Irish National come back and win a novice chase over 2 mile 4!

Visit site
Racing this weekend might be a bit of a wash out bar Sandown!

Well Aintree should be OK just heavy with the rain they are due. Wetherby might not survive. Kelso might not survive.

Visit site
I’m off to Sandown this weekend, I’ve never been there before as it’s a reasonable trek but it’s part of my (early) Christmas present. I’m really excited to hopefully see some top class horses in person assuming there aren’t any withdrawals!

I think I will be at Aintree. We have a cracking horse running at Sandown on Friday. A nice one on Saturday and a yard stalwart on Saturday there too. The Tingle Creek should be good, it always is. Oh you also get the Fighting Fifth with Shishkin and Constitution Hill!

teapot

Visit site
I’m off to Sandown this weekend, I’ve never been there before as it’s a reasonable trek but it’s part of my (early) Christmas present. I’m really excited to hopefully see some top class horses in person assuming there aren’t any withdrawals!

Love Sandown - it's got an old schooly vibe about it imho

Last edited:

Maddie Moo

Visit site
I think I will be at Aintree. We have a cracking horse running at Sandown on Friday. A nice one on Saturday and a yard stalwart on Saturday there too. The Tingle Creek should be good, it always is. Oh you also get the Fighting Fifth with Shishkin and Constitution Hill!

I’m really hoping that Shiskin and Constitution Hill will run, I’ve never seen them in person!

Love Sandown - it's a got an old schooly vibe about it imho

It looks a really nice course, it looks lovely from what I’ve seen on tv. I’m going with someone who is a wheelchair user and they’ve been very helpful with checking the accessibility etc. Unlike Windsor, where I’m never going again!

Gamebird

Visit site
He definitely goes and he definitely lines up. If he runs or not is up to him 😂
Let's just hope he doesn't take out Constitution Hill messing around! I wonder who they'll book for Shiskin? I can't imagine anyone but Nico will get CH, but you will absolutely need the right person on Shiskin. I guess we'll know in a few hours whether CH runs, or he sits out this weekend's mudfest in favour of Kempton.

Visit site
Brough Scott said t’other day that there’s 4 in the Fighting Fifth who may or may not start!! Could be more horses at the start than the finish!! 😳🤣

I think he meant there are 4 horses entered thar may or may not be declared for the race. Not because they are a bunch of dodgy buggers at the starting tapes 😂