Racing this weekend

reynold

Visit site

Gamebird

Visit site

Maddie Moo

Visit site
My Old Gold horse, who’s free to sign up for, Henry Box Brown is running tomorrow at Ffos Las in a 2 mile handicap chase.

Obviously it’s not the same as being a paying member of OG but I’m still enjoying my weekly email with updates on his progress, so hopefully he will run well 🤞🏻

Unfortunately he fell four out but they sent an email out saying he’s absolutely fine which is the main priority albeit probably going to be a bit stiff in the morning. Onwards and upwards!

Clodagh

Visit site
Unfortunately he fell four out but they sent an email out saying he’s absolutely fine which is the main priority albeit probably going to be a bit stiff in the morning. Onwards and upwards!
I get his updates ( I have Picks Lad with them, although he’s broken atm).

Snowfilly

Visit site
Did anyone get the background to what happened with Stop the Train at Fakenhan yesterday? Lots of comments she was anaesthetised to move her because she fell on her jockey and trapped him but surely they couldn’t have done a GA in the middle of a racetrack? Wondering if it was bad journalism and she was heavily sedated

She was eventually led away and the jockey was also ok.

Gamebird

Visit site
Did anyone get the background to what happened with Stop the Train at Fakenhan yesterday? Lots of comments she was anaesthetised to move her because she fell on her jockey and trapped him but surely they couldn’t have done a GA in the middle of a racetrack? Wondering if it was bad journalism and she was heavily sedated

She was eventually led away and the jockey was also ok.
I don't know the details, but it's perfectly common to do short field GAs with eg, ketamine or a triple-drip combo - similar to what you would do for a GA/castrate in a field/stable. I have carried this procedure out before to enable fire-crews to cut horses out of horseboxes (remember those spate of accidents where horses tried to jump out of the jockey doors of 3.5t lorries before they changed the designs?) and have also been trained to GA horses at FEI events where a rider is trapped under the horse in a XC fall.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I don't know the details, but it's perfectly common to do short field GAs with eg, ketamine or a triple-drip combo - similar to what you would do for a GA/castrate in a field/stable. I have carried this procedure out before to enable fire-crews to cut horses out of horseboxes (remember those spate of accidents where horses tried to jump out of the jockey doors of 3.5t lorries before they changed the designs?) and have also been trained to GA horses at FEI events where a rider is trapped under the horse in a XC fall.

That’s fascinating and in the case of the 3.5 boxes, terrifying. Never really thought about short GAs, all my boys have always been done standing.

toppedoff

Visit site
It's caused a stir on twitter but baffled as of why Luduamf was able to run? 1183 days off and he broke down in a race today

Apparently he was lame after his last 2 races in 2021 then wasn't raced up until today. What is going on?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
It's caused a stir on twitter but baffled as of why Luduamf was able to run? 1183 days off and he broke down in a race today

Apparently he was lame after his last 2 races in 2021 then wasn't raced up until today. What is going on?

Why was he allowed to run? It never seems to end well when horses have been off for 2 or so years and are brought back, why oh why must they come back racing, why can't they be found another job

There's been several cases, I think one had Lion in his name, went to stud, came back after a few years, couple of runs, broke down.

Perhaps something needs to be put in place to stop this happening

Just looked up Lufuamf, what was their reason for bringing him back when he showed no sort of ability previously, then a 3 year gap. Looked at trainers record, it's hardly strong. And I'm convinced I've heard his name recently but can't remember why

Clodagh

Visit site
I was wondering if there was any correlation between goals have leg straightening work as youngsters, screws and so on, and fracture risks when older.
No way of knowing as I think it’s a closely guarded secret.
In other news…
My boy Swift Hawk runs at Hereford this afternoon.

Last edited:

Carrottom

Visit site
I was wondering if there was any correlation between goals have leg straightening work as youngsters, screws and so on, and fracture risks when older.
No way of knowing as I think it’s a closely guarded secret.
In other news…
My boy Swift Hawk runs at Hereford this afternoon.
Congratulations on the win!

reynold

Visit site
Yes - horrid to watch. Haven't heard an all-clear on the jockey yet - and doubly awful after the horrible accident at Chester last week.

Horses - so beautiful and giving and yet ultimately so fragile.

Also King of Steel out for the summer after going lame after work. Another good horse on the sick list.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I think they really need to do a full investigation into all these sickening snapped legs and make the results, findings and recommendations public - it really does seem to have increased

A fall you can potentially see a cause (the fall) but just running a race and the leg going?

Snowfilly

Visit site
I think they really need to do a full investigation into all these sickening snapped legs and make the results, findings and recommendations public - it really does seem to have increased

A fall you can potentially see a cause (the fall) but just running a race and the leg going?

I do wonder if there’d be any benefit to comparing to QH / Arab / standardbred racing? I have no idea what the stats are like in those sports but it would be interesting to see any differences.

And the hunt races / Silver Spur leagues which often involve rough going and non TBs being pushed hard.

I don’t know, I’m coming at this as a racing lover but I feel like something has to change and quickly.

toppedoff

Visit site
King of Steel has been removed from Varians yard to Dominic French Davies as far as everyone knows it is for rehab but the guy in the interview sort of not answered many questions 🤷