Rain Ranting Thread

sportsmansB

Visit site
I'm so fed up
I can see the docks starting to grow on my big field but its far too wet to spray it, last year we missed spraying because it was so wet and then they were too tall and I couldn't get the topper and the sprayer lined up together... sometimes I hate being a solo full time working woman trying to organise things like this, it just feels some times like I'm at the bottom of the list for everyone

Anyway thanks for the opportunity to have a wee pity party I actually feel better for it :)

94lunagem

Visit site
Really glad I found this thread - I was starting to feel really down last week - I've made an account so I can just say how much less alone I feel having read it (although very sorry to hear we all seem to be in the same position!!!)
@lovely_ponies welcome to the forum. And to the collective wallowing (literally!!) I’m the mud.

You’re definitely not alone.

GrassChop

Visit site
It's not raining at the moment but has been all morning. Horse came in on 3 legs, think we have yet another abscess. Had the farrier due which came just on time as we only had 3 shoes on due to one being pulled off in the mud anyway but we've end up with only 2 new rear shoes, one barefoot and poulticed as was too sore to fit a new one and the opposite one still in the old shoe as she couldn't weight bear on the other. Will it ever end.

dorsetladette

Visit site
I've got a youngster that shivers as soon as he gets wet - he's a wimp! He's a welsh D rising 3 year old. He's out 24/7 with shelter etc and naturally just doesn't seem to carry weight well, never has, but didn't get the best start.

He's trashed most of his rugs (helped by the other thug/youngster) he's now getting a bit warm under current rug, its 50g. we're getting temps of 10-13 degrees most days here now, but wet and drizzly. Do I just bite the bullet and whip his rug off?

Marigold4

Visit site
It's actually turned in to a nice day. Bright with the odd sunny spell, and warm!

Just been out pottering in the garden wearing a gilet rather than a coat.
I'm resigned now to perpetual grey and rain. Forecast for next 10 days is more of the same. I'm kind of OK with that now I've stopped hoping for sunshine and for the mud to go away. Foals have learnt to wear rugs so not having to bring them in as much. I spent the weekend digging out my old woodfibre lunge pen surface which had turned to mulch in all this rain and new woodfibre surface arriving next week so things will look better and at least I can do some groundwork and lunging once that's finished. More mudmats arriving next week too and then we are all set as best we can for coping with this new era of rain everyday.

windswoo

Visit site
It was lovely for us yesterday, but more showers today and rain forecast all day for tomorrow.
I just need 4 dry days in a row to get field harrowed - is that too much to ask??
Feel this could be another year it doesn't get done - or I just leave the really wet stuff at the bottom and do most of it!!

SpottyTB

Visit site
It was meant to be dry today but it mizzled (its a Cornish thing :rolleyes::p) all day - it swear its worse than actual heavy rain.. bleurgh. Really mild though!

MissMay

Visit site
We are getting rain all night but the days are dry bright and warm!

Result is our fields are slowly recovering everything is growing and we can actually get jobs done 🙌

Even got to cut my lawn and get some gardening done all weekend the sodden Marsh has dried which was my lawn making it totally in accessible with standing water.
Gotten washing out on the line all day since Friday and all drying which makes such a difference!

This is South East Ireland- spring has finally arrived

Reactions: tda

southerncomfort

Visit site
Was so lovely yesterday evening, dry and warm with the Lapwings and Curlews wheeling overhead and the Skylarks singing their hearts out....I didn't want to come indoors!

Rained all night again and we have fog as well this morning.

Looking like we're in for some gales over the weekend.

Reactions: tda

Fransurrey

Visit site
It was meant to be dry today but it mizzled (its a Cornish thing :rolleyes::p) all day - it swear its worse than actual heavy rain.. bleurgh. Really mild though!
We get a lot of mizzle in the Surrey Hills, too. It seeps into everything in my shelter. I was so determined to ride after work, yesterday, I set off in the heavy fog at 5pm complete with lights and just led across the hay field (most likely place for deer to leap out from the fog!). It was a huge effort mentally, but I did feel better for it.

SpottyTB

Visit site
We get a lot of mizzle in the Surrey Hills, too. It seeps into everything in my shelter. I was so determined to ride after work, yesterday, I set off in the heavy fog at 5pm complete with lights and just led across the hay field (most likely place for deer to leap out from the fog!). It was a huge effort mentally, but I did feel better for it.
I always tread carefully when I mention mizzle on here as I mentioned it years ago and was mocked for making up a word🤣🤣🤣🤣.

In other news, the sun is trying to push through the clouds ⛅️!!

lovely_ponies

New User
Visit site
I've got a youngster that shivers as soon as he gets wet - he's a wimp! He's a welsh D rising 3 year old. He's out 24/7 with shelter etc and naturally just doesn't seem to carry weight well, never has, but didn't get the best start.

He's trashed most of his rugs (helped by the other thug/youngster) he's now getting a bit warm under current rug, its 50g. we're getting temps of 10-13 degrees most days here now, but wet and drizzly. Do I just bite the bullet and whip his rug off?

I have with my 3 year old. Same situation - lives out, he was also in a 50g but too warm, and I don't see the benefit in living out in a 0g and them getting damp underneath it. He seems to be doing OK so far, I think I'd rather him be comfortable and not too hot even if he does loose a little bit of condition, and hopefully would put it back on as the grass starts coming through ☺😊