Rain Ranting Thread

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Monday looks a wash out here. Yesterday was lovely and today looks to be not too bad bur not as sunny. Hoping to ride today as I was working yesterday. 🤞

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Yesteday ans today look ok....monday is a washout, tuseday drizzle with rain starting at night and carrying on into wednesday PM. The rest if the week rain with small breaks in.......yard normally harrows ans roles in april ready for 24/7 to from 1st may....from the looks of it i doubt we we get the feilds sorting before then and not many will be turfing out

Floofball

Visit site
Yesterday was lovely - was overdressed for my ride 😝 today they’re going out naked for the first time in ages to make the most of it as tomorrow looks like a washout again. Not looking forward to de-caking them later but hopefully it will remove lots of winter coat too 😜

southerncomfort

Visit site
My neighbours are calving at the moment.

They don't usually turn them out until late April, but I don't think they'll be out until well in to May this year.

Managed to squeeze in a lovely hack between the fog clearing and the rain arriving.

Reactions: tda

GrassChop

Visit site
The clocks have changed so we've made it this far! Hopefully the consistant dry weather is on its way.

Finally got to go out on not one but two hacks in the last couple of days!! The sun was lovely and my mare decided it was so exciting to be out finally that she wanted to be a rodeo horse a couple of times! I don't blame her, I'd do the same!

Let's hope there isn't a Rain Ranting Thread 2.0 next year.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yesteday ans today look ok....monday is a washout, tuseday drizzle with rain starting at night and carrying on into wednesday PM. The rest if the week rain with small breaks in.......yard normally harrows ans roles in april ready for 24/7 to from 1st may....from the looks of it i doubt we we get the feilds sorting before then and not many will be turfing out
Yesterday was beautiful here, sunny, warm, very light breeze. Today was supposed to be similar. I woke up to thick fog, could hardly see across the yard. I opened the door further dogs to go out a day found it was cold and windy. There aren't many places where you get fog and wind together but this is one of them. The fog has lifted but its still blooming cold and windy.

setterlover

Visit site
Got back this morning from two weeks away in The Mediterranean and today has been dry and sunny (apparently yesterday also was!!!)
The fields don't look too bad considering the weather the last couple of weeks definitely a little greener and not too wet (still a little water down by the stream.)
I was surprised expecting to come back to much worse.
Still not ok to move to the summer field as they will mess it up in a few days galloping about but maybe we are on the way to feeling less desperate about it all .

Timelyattraction

Visit site
The clocks have changed so we've made it this far! Hopefully the consistant dry weather is on its way.

Finally got to go out on not one but two hacks in the last couple of days!! The sun was lovely and my mare decided it was so exciting to be out finally that she wanted to be a rodeo horse a couple of times! I don't blame her, I'd do the same!

Let's hope there isn't a Rain Ranting Thread 2.0 next year.
There might not be a need for one, this one may still be ongoing 🤣

daffy44

Visit site
Yesterday was lovely, mild and sunny, Spring was just messing with us. Today grey, cold, windy and the forecast is rain every day, and I'm so fed up with mud now, I've had enough of everything being squelchy and revolting, and my heart goes out to the poor farmers.

dominobrown

Visit site
My horses are so pissed off... they have been out in the field today but on wet days they go out in all weather turnout paddocks. Thery don't even enjoy going out anymore... the TB hides in his stable when its raining... on sunny days he squeaks and prances about. I cannot see an end to it 😩
It better be a good summer or else :mad: *shakes fist at sky*

Bobthecob15

Visit site
It’s not looking great for Badminton. We’ve had way more rain in last 3 months than the same period last year and Badminton was rather wet. Forecast isn’t looking much drier.
I’m not looking forward to going if it’s anything like last year, was horrific walking round the shops! Those poor traders with so much lost stock as everything was splashed with mud not to mention those who were stuck in the car park/camp site!

Steerpike

Visit site
After a lovely dry day yesterday we are back to rain today, I normally go to Badminton on the Wednesday but may give it a miss this year as it's quite far to travel and I don't fancy trawling through mud on a day off!

Chiffy

Visit site
Well, that was Spring yesterday here. Fantastic warm sunshine all day. I mowed everything in sight as our forecast doesn’t show another completely dry day in the foreseeable future.
Having said that, it hasn’t rained overnight and is dry but dull at the moment.
My Son in Law is a dairy farmer and worrying about getting his youngstock turned out. To be honest, our winter rain hasn’t been as bad as much of England but still much more than is helpful.
Good luck to everyone struggling.
Thoresby did well to run but other events are being cancelled left right and centre. Another wet Badminton would not be good.

SEL

Visit site
The local weather guys yesterday said they didn't think the heavy rain overnight would reach us. Woke up at 4am to heavy rain.

Currently have a sore Appy who looks like she's managed to slip and land on her bottom from how she's plastered in mud.

I've got my first outdoor clinic of the year next weekend. None of the horses are fit enough really and we're going to get wet

Squeak

Visit site
We had lovely weather on friday but I managed to get torrential rain and hail on my hack and then yesterday was grey damp and miserable and we've woken up to torrential rain today. It really does still feel endless. Are we now in for April showers for the entire month??

southerncomfort

Visit site
My land is absolutely dreadful this morning. Just large puddles everywhere you look.

Bo positioned himself in one of the puddles while I was putting his headcollar on and decided it would be hilarious to have a good old splash, leaving me with very wet jeans!

Think I'm going to have to close off the lower part of the field now until the water has drained off a bit.

Reactions: tda