Rainy weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
well, the forecast has a teensy bit of rain, which means it will either be a heatwave or monsoon I guess. :rolleyes:

What's everyone got planned?

absolutely nothing here :cool: pottering about at home. Hoping I might eventually get some front shoes on Darcy so he can start a bit of scaredy cat hacking but I expect OH will be tractorising again all weekend so not holding out my hopes on that :p Might pick a quiet day to do some loading practice instead, he was bundled on the box in a rush as it was peeing down the day I collected him so be nice to just check we don't have an issue to work through there.

Have fun everyone :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Off in box to join a friend in her 1st ever SJ lesson with horse she's had for a while, tomorrow - and hoping that B Fuzzy will be a little more controlled and less 'exuberant'.
Not yet sure about weekend, but will def involve hacking at some point! Might even involve a visit to local RS who have a mini comp going on, to try not to get beaten by 10 yr olds in a mini sj clear round or class! :p That will be weather dependent tho.

Wheels

Visit site
good luck with the tractorising (lol) and box practise MP

hope your outing(s) go well fuzzy furry

good luck in your dressage Benvarden Rach - I am sure your elementary will go great

I have my second lesson with new dressage trainer on Sunday - apart from that, a bit of schooling and a bit of hacking then I have a lesson with my more classical trainer on Wednesday

enjoy everyone!

Hallo2012

Visit site
not much, teaching a couple and happy hacking sat, then family lunch Sunday and maybe another hack if i can squeeze it in.

Bernster

Visit site
TFF - that is my competing life in a nutshell. Getting whupped by cute little 10yr old riders who outclass me every time haha.

Typically, we’ve planned a big outdoor party on Saturday on the ONE day that thunderstorms and showers are forecast 😫😫😫 am hoping everyone will join in with the typical summer spirit and accept it may involve wellies, ponchos and umbrellas.

Lesson tonight and then may hack Sunday if I have time after post party recovery.

Sasana Skye

Visit site
I have a looong weekend as I have next week off work :D:D:D

Unfortunately I'm not riding at the moment, one horse just had shoes pulled a week ago so is chilling in the field for a bit and other one won't stop bloody growing and so her saddle doesn't quite fit anymore. Saddler not coming out until the 30th so both are on their holibobs. Give it another week and I'm sure I'll start missing it but right now I'm enjoying having so much spare time and not feeling guilty if I don't feel like riding one day.

A very non-horsey week awaits me. I will be spending the week/end painting and decorating my house which is currently being completely remodelled, and shopping for curtains and furniture.

Have fun those who are horseying around

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Dim Tim V Adorable Alice clash in open ridden hunter. Why do I feel a brother versus sister morning is going to end badly ?

Adorable Alice might then do the worker, if the rain has softened the ground enough. No doubt she will chip a hoof or poke her eye with her mascara between now and then to avoid any exertion. Alice does not do sweat.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Blimey, have you told her !

Have I heck, she would definitely plot a ridiculous injury if she knew! Though she's a bit suspicious of the new breastplate and bit...
66823813_1067978743387985_872022938277117952_n.jpg

Excited to hear about the brother sister hunt off though ;).

Snowfilly

Visit site
Showing a Suffolk Punch for a lady who's off games with an injury at the local heavy horse society member's show. He's doing the in hand not a shire class.

Possibly long reining a shire in the long rein challenge class as well, depends if his owner feels up to traveling him over in the predicted storm.

Stay safe and dry (ish) everyone!

zaminda

Visit site
I'm doing an 80k race ride on Saturday with Winnie. We are in the inter regional team so it should be a good day. Praying it isn't absolutely torrential as that's no fun, although for her it's better than 25 degree heat! Then Tamba is stepping up in distance to 40k, he did 35k two weeks ago so should be fine!!

DressageCob

Visit site
Nothing here. Just the usual lessons at home (I know I always say it, but I'm so grateful to have excellent instructors on site...got to love livery at a riding school!!)\

Good luck to everyone competing!
80k race ride sounds exhausting Zaminda!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I've "organised" (and I use that term loosely - the words "piss up" and "brewery" spring to mind) an archery thing at my yard on Sunday. I've spent most of this evening setting up a run and moving bales into the field and generally trying to work out what I haven't done. Tomorrow I need to shoot from my mare in that field so I know I won't die (no idea why I think this might happen, my mare is lovely).

Saturday looks really wet so I'm just planning on hacking quickly and hiding/ sorting last minute screw ups. Sunday... Well I'm just trying not to throw up right now ;)

Chippers1

Visit site
No plans, if it's really raining I probably won't ride Saturday and maybe a long hack on Sunday. I have to paint my hallway and I keep putting it off so this is what I will probably be doing!

j1ffy

Visit site
I have a friend coming to hack Indio tomorrow, with a view to potentially having him on loan. Would be ideal as she has her own yard and lives about 200m from me, so fingers crossed.

Other than that, trying to stay dry and a family Sunday lunch!

Asha

Visit site
Im seriously excited, as ive entered our first proper irish draught showing class. Ive never done one before, so im sure we will get it all wrong. But I reckon that's the only way for us to learn.
The only thing that worries me, is getting there. Its at Myerscough, which means I have to drive up the M6, and theres the thelwell viaduct to go over. Im am properly scared of heights, I know it sounds wet, but it terrifies me. Im ok in a car and a 3.5t, as im not high enough to see over the edge, and I can drive in the middle lane. But in my lorry we will be that slow we will have to go on the outside lane, and being higher I will see over the edge… it makes me sick just thinking about it. Might just have to drive through warrington instead.

Doing 2 classes, inhand and ridden. In the ridden she gets to be ridden by a judge ! Eek excited . The organisers sound lovely and friendly,soim looking frward to meeting some new people as well. Good luck everyone out and about

milliepops

Visit site
The only thing that worries me, is getting there. Its at Myerscough, which means I have to drive up the M6, and theres the thelwell viaduct to go over. Im am properly scared of heights, I know it sounds wet, but it terrifies me. Im ok in a car and a 3.5t, as im not high enough to see over the edge, and I can drive in the middle lane. But in my lorry we will be that slow we will have to go on the outside lane, and being higher I will see over the edge… it makes me sick just thinking about it. Might just have to drive through warrington instead.
oh I sympathise, driving over the M5 viaduct at Gordano makes me feel a bit queasy. I won't tell you the things I imagine cos it won't help o_O I'm actually OK with heights when I'm on my own 2 feet but not in any other circumstances!

Asha

Visit site
oh I sympathise, driving over the M5 viaduct at Gordano makes me feel a bit queasy. I won't tell you the things I imagine cos it won't help o_O I'm actually OK with heights when I'm on my own 2 feet but not in any other circumstances!

i know the Gordano one, i reckon that's even bigger than the thelwell !!. Now, you have to say what you think about when your going over.. I sing Olivers army to try and keep my mind off it when im in the car, going to need something better this time :D

Reacher

Visit site
We have last minute dressage training tomorrow followed by BE 80 on Sunday - it’s the first BE I’ve done in 8 ? years and it’s Mr H’s first one. (we did a unaffiliated Sj and Xc course there a month ago over a “light” version of be90 course, ie max height 85 cm - so jumping should be ok).
Boot camp finished on Sunday - we’ve made some progress with Xc control issues- am hoping this stands us in good stead.
Am not expecting great things dressage wise as we are working on balance issues in the canter (and not making an unscheduled exit of the arena).
Last time (at the unaffiliated) we did have issues with Mr H thinking the judge’s box by the SJ was a horse eating monster (going sideways / into reverse) - so that might be interesting.🤭
Sounds a bit of a car crash written down I suppose but basically I bought mr H nearly 3 years ago to do BE90 and I just felt I had to get on with it and make a start! Anyway we are going to have fun!!! 😀
Can I have some positive vibes please?!😂

Alibear

Visit site
++ Vibes Reacher, hope it all goes well, you've certainly put the effort in.

Weather permitting i'm off on a cattle drive tomorrow afternoon :D
Then I have a lesson booked for Sunday afternoon so that at least will go ahead.
If I'm really lucky I might even take a little step on the road to a new pony too.

milliepops

Visit site
i know the Gordano one, i reckon that's even bigger than the thelwell !!. Now, you have to say what you think about when your going over..
well I did warn you it definitely won't help, I have daydreams that someone cannons into the box and pushes us over the edge!! :eek::eek::eek: same on the old severn bridge which I cross regularly :(

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I had a fab sj shared lesson this morning. Early rain stopped just before I loaded and only light drizzle for the last 5 mins. A complete change of bitting etc gave me much more control, so I was able (most of the time!) to have steering and a far better balanced Fuzzy.
It was a friends lesson that I got invited to join, her 1st jump lesson in yrs, so her very calm mare gave us extra chilling out company. Finished by putting together a small course of little jumps, jumping odd numbers in trot and even numbers from canter, very good for giving me back control. Heavens opened just as I finished putting the box away, so very well timed :)