Rainy weekend plans?

Reacher

Visit site
Thank you xx
Enjoy your cattle drive 😳 and lesson. (New pony - sounds intriguing!)
++ Vibes Reacher, hope it all goes well, you've certainly put the effort in.

Weather permitting i'm off on a cattle drive tomorrow afternoon :D
Then I have a lesson booked for Sunday afternoon so that at least will go ahead.
If I'm really lucky I might even take a little step on the road to a new pony too.

Fiona

Visit site
Well done FF, your lesson sounds super x x

Best of luck on Sunday, I'll be thinking of you x x

I'm on day 12 of chest infection, so given up hoping it will get better on its own. Antibiotics being collected this afternoon...

Fiona

Reacher

Visit site
Well done FF, your lesson sounds super x x

Best of luck on Sunday, I'll be thinking of you x x

I'm on day 12 of chest infection, so given up hoping it will get better on its own. Antibiotics being collected this afternoon...

Fiona
That sounds a horrible chest infection Fiona, you must be feeling rubbish ☹️ Hope the antibiotics kick in ASAP xx

Leo Walker

Visit site
I was planning to go to a friendly event at my driving club on Sunday but my trailer still isnt fixed so I'd have to borrow a trailer, take the carriage, come back, get the pony, stay all day, take the pony home and then come back for the carriage and if its going to rain then sod that! Pony can have the weekend off as shes been working hard and I'll find nice indoor hobbies to pursue!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
It's wet and miserable here this weekend too, but that's ok. It was dry enough for my lesson today, My coach is over again and we have a lesson today and another tomorrow. Henry was awesome today, he is incredible fun to work wth and he tries so hard. He was jumping jumps up to 1m today and making it all feel so easy, and we got some really great feed back from both of my coaches who were there. He seems to be a bit weak to the right and get his power jumping by swapping to the left lead. It was really interesting to figure it out with them and to fix it we need to do lots more to the right to get him stronger.

Can't wait for my second lesson tomorrow. Stay dry all!
B40F5091-3659-468B-B603-2ABA644486FA.JPG

Northern

Visit site
Would swap some dry for any of your rain, including the West Coast (looking at you AE, stop pinching it! :p ). Alas, not going to happen so have a droughty dry winter picture of L doing some schooling in the Big Paddock for the first time! She was a good girl. Hope everyone has a super weekend :D

1563613102628.png

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Well, I had a bloody lovely 90 mins out this morning with a steady chum. Rain stopped while we were out but got dripped on from trees but it wasn't a problem as was so warm. B Fuzzy good to canter a few times and popped several little logs - but jumped the 1st few puddles, nearly ejecting me on the 1st one as I was folding forwards in trot to get under a low branch! Moose!
Nice cuppa after in the sunshine too :)
Prob going further afield for tomorrow's early hack, 1st intro to traffic and also bridleway bridges (2 x over small streams)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
sounds good TFF :) I'm not getting very far at the moment as washing on the line and showers are forecast, I keep leaping up to get it in but false alarm! OH and I have both run out of clean clothes after a busy week so need to get this load dry! :p

JFTDWS

Visit site
Sounds lovely TFF!

Slow morning here - I've not even seen mine yet (but they have been checked, I'm not a feckless owner!) - last minute hoovering and grass cutting for a house viewing. Meh. But I'm feeling a lot better about life after doing some work with Captain Carrot yesterday - didn't do a lot of shooting but she wasn't flipping her head so much while I was nocking which is good. I need to check the length of my run today though - I think I've over-estimated the length - but otherwise I think I'm actually in control. Other than actually riding my horses today, that is ;)

j1ffy

Visit site
My prediction was correct. Taking brother and sister competing against one another wasn't a good idea. 3rd, 5th and eliminated. The doughnut stand was good though.

You can’t beat a good doughnut! 3rd and 5th sound like good results though, who was the (relative) star pupil?

zaminda

Visit site
Day one of Cirencester has gone really well with Winnie. The three people from my team rode together in the front pack on the first loop, were the front pack on the second loop and flew round the third loop finishing in a racing finish at the end!! I'm now banned from refering to Winnie as slow, as she hit over 50k an hour at the end and put her head in front!! I really wasn't expecting to win, as it was a fairly big field with some experienced combinations, so to do so was wonderful. I now have to get the trophy engraved again as Maisy won it last year!!

Attachments

• IMG-20190720-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190720-WA0003.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20190720-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190720-WA0001.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 19

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Day one of Cirencester has gone really well with Winnie. The three people from my team rode together in the front pack on the first loop, were the front pack on the second loop and flew round the third loop finishing in a racing finish at the end!! I'm now banned from refering to Winnie as slow, as she hit over 50k an hour at the end and put her head in front!! I really wasn't expecting to win, as it was a fairly big field with some experienced combinations, so to do so was wonderful. I now have to get the trophy engraved again as Maisy won it last year!!
amazing :D Congratulations, I think we need a pic of the trophy too :p

scats

Visit site
Hope everyone has enjoyed their Saturday, sounds like a successful day for quite a few people!

I managed to give myself some kind of concussion by banging my head on a sink! Was rummaging though the bathroom cupboard at lunchtime and promptly stood up, forgetting the sink was above me. Really whacked the back of my head on it. It was enough to make me stand for a few moments a bit stunned. Anyway, called myself an idiot and headed to the bedroom. Within 30 seconds, I started with the blurred vision I get when I’m about to have a whopping migraine. I popped some zapain and had a lie down to try and get control of it before the migraine started, as it often makes me sick when it gets full blown and is quite horrid. Fortunately I must have got to it in time as only a mild headache appeared with a bit of nausea, but the blurred vision sorted itself out after 45 minutes, thankfully.
It was either a total coincidence that I was going to get one of those migraines anyway today, or my encounter with the sink triggered it!

I did manage to perk up enough to ride Millie this evening, so that was good.
Still feeling headachey but my vision is fine. I won’t be challenging my bathroom sink to anymore fights in a hurry, that’s for sure!

DressageCob

Visit site
Two great lessons with my boys today. With the little one we were practising some leg yielding and cantering. He got rather cross that he wasn't allowed to canter on his terms. While flying around like a cow print potato with wings was tolerable at novice level, at elementary it makes some of the movements rather tricky. So we were trying to find his collected canter; we got there in the end but there is much work to be done!

With the big lad my instructor took my stirrups away (boooo) and we had a go at some half pass as well as lots of more leg yielding. He seems to enjoy going sideways 😄 I have high hopes for this lad.

Jumping tomorrow!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Would swap some dry for any of your rain, including the West Coast (looking at you AE, stop pinching it! :p ). Alas, not going to happen so have a droughty dry winter picture of L doing some schooling in the Big Paddock for the first time! She was a good girl. Hope everyone has a super weekend :D

I'll share with you! My heart breaks when I see pictures of the dry paddocks over there, the drought is horrific.

little_critter

Visit site
B40FED86-5B75-464D-B23D-CBF7B7E3FFE4.jpegWe had a great time at the polework clinic. He travelled like a dream. I was slightly concerned that he might lock on to the other horses in the lesson and not listen to me, but he was good as gold.
We did lots and lots of exaggerated serpentines and found improved impulsion and much better turns. We had enough manners and control to have sensible canters down the long side and I even had a little play with medium trot.
Very pleased with him, we are going back for a small jumping clinic next weekend. Can’t wait!

Bernster

Visit site
Not horsey but it is weather related. The heavens opened to a massive rain shower as we arrived at the party venue, but the sun burned it off quickly and we had the most awesome time. We did have a bucking bronco so I did manage to have some equine representation haha. The horsey friends there did us proud and posted the best scores of course 😁

Visit site
2 days of showing done! GrayMo made his first appearance in the show ring for nearly 2 years and I have to say - he looked bloody amazing!!! Up first was Inhand Riding Horse and we marched into the ring! Our trot round was a full in extended Wu-hey! With me barely able to keep up! We were pulled in 2nd. He was a bit of a fidget standing in front of the judge but walked and trotted nicely again. We stayed 2nd! So he has now qualified for the Caledonian Championships which is what I really wanted. Next up was the Exracer class - or in Gray's case - I want to be a racehorse again class! So we walked round 3 sides of the ring and jogged sideways- full on sideways not just a wee bit squint sideways! Down the 4th side. All sense was lost. The trot was sideways. He stood in line but wouldn't stand for the judge and came flyong sideways back to her. So he was 4th of 4 and to be honest he didn't deserve a rosette 😂😂😂 When the judge handed us our rosette she did say she felt sorry for me as he was clearly a superior animal that is capable of winning anything but his brain wouldn't let him that day! He is a fud! But he is MY stunningly beautiful fud! To be honest I thought the classes were out in the grass arenas and he would have been perfectly fine there. I know he hates that particular indoor for some reason and if I knew before hand we were going to be in there I would never have taken him!

67031074_10157452458689721_7398176373900050432_n.jpg

67143494_10157452139064721_222730935181770752_o.jpg

How not to impress a showing judge ... But Carl Hester - if you see this he is yours! A blank cheque will suffice!

Back out today with the Wee Coloured Job who did his usual explosion out of the trailer screaming his head off being Billy Big Balls. Goes for a walk past 4 lorries and back and shuts up 😂😂😂 he is all talk and no trousers 😂😂😂 we only did the Inhand Shetland class which he duly won and then he went Reserve Scottish Breeds Champion! Clever pony! We were only planning on being there for a short time as the other classes he could do were much later in the afternoon. But as is what always happens with those shows you end up with empty rings waiting for people. The section could have been finished for just after 10.30am instead it got done just before 12pm with. Hmm.

How utterly gorgeous is this wee guy!!?!?
67328181_10218063626634996_7104966584464048128_o.jpg

Last edited:

Fiona

Visit site
I didn't even get out xc schooling this morning, as still feeling so ill. Have totally wasted the last fortnight as F has only been hacked.

So fed up..

I cheered up son with a promise of a trip to the toy shop this afternoon to spend his birthday money, he rode earlier and recorded his online dressage test, and then had a few jumps.

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
That pony is a total stunner EKW!

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well fiona.

Just back from our 2nd lesson with new dressage trainer. Another great lesson, very enjoyable. We did a really great exercise - starting on the right rein in trot, 10m circle right at the start of the long side then leg yield to X, circle 10m left at X then leg yield back to the fence, circle right 10m then on 2nd time crossing the centre line circle left 10m, leg yield left to fence, circle right 10m then leg yield to centre line then a final 10m circle left.

We tried it in canter too but it was a bit beyond us at the moment and we lost the quality of the canter so we went back to some 20m circles and transitions to improve the way of going.

We finished with some free walk to medium walk transitions.

So homework is to improve the roundness in the canter. Another lesson in a couple of weeks