Recovering from the worst day of my life

star26

Visit site
Gosh that is just awful- my worst nightmare- what a horrible thing to have happen. I had tears in my eyes reading it. Like you said, at least he went peacefully in his stable, surrounded by people who love him. So sorry i have nothing better to say. Wishing you a speedy recovery, physically and mentally.
P.s your photos are lovely, such a gorgeous boy, when you're ready defo get some blown up and framed. xx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Making me cry reading it. Cant imagine how you must feel. So sorry for your loss.

Me too crying :(, oh Tobiano what can we say an owners worst nightmare. It must be extra hard with you not being with him, take some rescue remedy hunney it helps when your grieving. It helped me when I lost my girls http://www.boots.com/en/Bach-Rescue-Remedy-Dropper-20ml_2217/.

I love that picture of him snoozing specially. Take care of yourself from one injured member to another, try have someone there for you full time you need support. ((speeding hug coming your way)) :(

RIP Beautiful Rupert run free with the other dearly departed. xxxx

Last edited:

Arizahn

Visit site
I am so very sorry to hear this, OP. He was stunning, truly beautiful horse. My deepest sympathies to you. Take care and I hope you recover well from this awful event. RIP, Rupert :(

tobiano1984

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Unfortunately I doubt the driver will be charged - there was no independent witness and he says he slowed down. I've ridden down that road hundreds of times and I know from my memory and the facts of the accident that they did not give us as wide a berth as they could have, and although they slowed down they went from doing 60 ish to doing 20 ish which just isn't enough. My insurers will no doubt hash it out but I don't hold out much hope. I run the yard and have various horses in training so it will have a big impact on my income.

Buds_mum

Visit site
Terrible :( so sorry. What a huge loss, he was absolutely stunning. I hope you recover in good time in all ways xx

biggingerpony

Visit site
What a heart breaking thread, I'm in tears as it is every horse owners worst nightmare. I'm so so sorry to what has happened to you and your lovely Rupert.

RIP xx

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
God this is awful.

Tragic, he looked like a really gorgeous boy, so sorry.

Poor you and poor Rupert. I do hope you are pursuing the driver.

Take care of yourself. x

Zero00000

Visit site
I am so sorry to read what has happened to you and your beloved Rupert.
Not a lot of thing make me well up, but this has, have a pineapple in my throat as I type.

What a stunning boy Rupert was!

Please rest up, and try not to think about the driver, your insurance will deal with that.

I hope you are on the mend soon, and virtual hugs coming your way, Rest easy Rupert, you were obviously one of a kind.

FubsyMog

Visit site
Utterly, utterly awful. RIP beautiful Rupert. I think the BHS has a page where you can report horse accidents/incidents - might be worth doing that, even if no actual charges are pressed on the driver?

lunarlove

Visit site
this story has totally reduced me to tears, I am so so sorry for your tragic loss, I hope you make a speedy recovery and I sincerely hope whoever was driving the van has at the very least apologised :( hugs to you.xx

Marchogaeth

Visit site
I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine what your going through. He was beatiful I'm sure he had a fantastic life with you<3 Cried all the way through reading that, for the both if you. Hope you get better soon, sending hugs!
Rest in paradise Rupert X

Janesomerset

Visit site
Another one in tears here; it's a horse owner's worst nightmare. What a lovely horse. I don't know what to say,
just wanted to send my sympathy. You have a wonderful boyfriend there. Thinking of you. RIP Rupert. xx

pippixox

Visit site
i am so sorry for your massive loss.
the van driver sounded like a complete idiot, but it once again highlights the need to educate more drivers about the importance of wide a slow. a few seconds faster journey can cost a life :(

Chestnut horse

Visit site
This is just awful you must be devastated to lose she a beautiful horse, under such appalling circumstances. Please take care of yourself it will take a while to mend, physically and mentally. Sending healing thoughts to you - and run free wishes to the beautiful Rupert xx

Mince Pie

Visit site
I'm so very sorry to hear of your accident and devastating loss, but "sorry" doesn't seem enough somehow :( Rupert was truly a stunner and its always harder losing such a young horse.
Have you got anyone who can help with the yard? If not and you're in survey/kent/sussex area I might be able to do a few days a week?

MuddyTB

Visit site
Wish I could say something helpful, such a sad and awful story.
So sorry for your loss and sending masses of good vibes to help you recover.