Recovering from the worst day of my life

Cragrat

Visit site
Such a beautiful horse, he looked such a lovely character.
I am so sorry he was taken from you in such an awful way.

I hope you heal, though the physical wounds, horrendous as they are, will no doubt fade quicker than the emotional ones.

The van driver... Words fail me... I hope he feels guilty everyday for the rest of his life.

Doris68

Visit site
Words fail me - what an absolutely wretched time you've had. I'm so sorry but words are never enough at such an awful time. May your lovely boy rest in peace and I hope that you'll make a full recovery - time is a great healer. Hugs.

only_me

Visit site
What a terrible ordeal you have had :( every riders worst nightmare, very sorry about rupert and it sounds as though you gave him a great kindness and not letting him suffer, he was stunning :(
I hope you are on the mend and not too sore.
RIP rupert

CBS1

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read your post, I don't really know what to say that hasn't been said already.

I can't see the pics but from others words he sounds beautiful. RIP Rupert.

My thoughts are with you right now and of course your boyfriend.

jodie3

Visit site
So very sorry, what a beautiful boy he was.
Sending hugs to you and your boyfriend for having to cope with such a tragedy. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Emilieu

Visit site
In tears for you and your boy. I'm so sorry you lost him but glad you can find comfort in his last moments being filled with love as most of his life must have been. xxx

Embo

Visit site
Oh my goodness, that is awful. So sorry for your loss and wish you a speedy recovery. I hope the van driver gets his comeuppance.

Fionalex

Visit site
I shouldn’t have read this whilst at work. I had to walk away from my desk ;-( This is just heart-breaking. I hope you recover well, and try to remember even though it’s terribly hard, the good times you had with him. He was a very gorgeous and lucky boy to have you even though it wasn't for long. I’m so sorry. Take care xxxxxxx

armchair_rider

Visit site
RIP Rupert. An unfair end for such a lovely horse even if he was lucky enough to be held by somebody who loved him at the end. Best of luck to you in recovering from your injuries

acushla33

New User
Visit site
I almost never post on here but I couldn't read this and not respond; I am so so sorry for you, what an awful thing to happen, as others have said, every owner's worst nightmare :(. I hope that in time you can take comfort from the fact that he had a wonderful life with you and was taken care of with kindness right to the end. I wish you all the very best in your physical recovery; and make sure you take as much time as you need to grieve and come to terms with it all. You are in my thoughts. RIP Rupert x