Remember that Daily Mail Story of the pony in the living room?

wallykissmas

Visit site
Right I have actually phoned hillside as I had a conversation with Wendy there last time who told me she was monitoring it. I have just spoke to her again and she asked me to send her the link to this thread. Anymore pictures please post them! She is going to contact jackie tonight.

Wendy will call jackie tonight .... And say what.... Let them rot in my fields instead of yours :rolleyes:

DJ

Visit site
I remember reading this in the 'Daily Fail' originally and knowing it wouldn`t end well.

The stupid thing from what I can see, is her complete lack of comprehension of the bigger picture. The slaughterhouses/abattoirs aren`t the problem here. With the high levels of indiscriminate breeding, a double recession, and welfare charities full to bursting, slaughterhouses are needed to help clean up the masses of unwanted and abandoned equines.

The problem lies with the less favourable practices within these slaughterhouses by some members of staff/slaughter men, whose treatment of these animals at the end of their lives is disgraceful and inhumane. THIS is what she should be concentrating her efforts on, this is something we can all focus our efforts on. CCTV recording 24/7, and consequences for ANY inhumane/sadistic treatment.

There are much worse things than a quick, humane death at the hands of an experienced slaughterman ..... I don`t condone sending your old/lame/problem horse to the sales (not at all), but many do it as they cannot make "the decision" to take a life nor be there at the end, and they cannot afford to keep an elderly/ill horse and so need a way out. They leave it to be "someone elses problem" and 90% of the time (through the sales) that job falls to the meat man. Personally, I could never do that, I make the decision when it is needed. I always ensure my voice is the last they hear, and that my touch is the last they feel. I have always felt I owe my animals that, but I understand how for some, they just can`t have their beloved animals death on their conscience. So for those horses who do end up going to the meatman, (for what ever reason), I think are far better off there, than ending up in this womans garden.

I really, really hope she is stopped soon, and that the poor animals under her 'care' (and i use the term lightly) are soon helped, and an end is put to this once and for all !!!

Last edited:

guido16

Visit site
I just love HHO. Never fails to kick arse when the time is needed.

Happy tonight. Watching 4 puppies run the wall if death round the house does amuse me. But.....the spirit of HHO reminds me that despite our fights, bickering etc, when the chips are down, we really do kick arse.

Well done folks. Keep reporting and sharing this link.

rosita

Visit site
Can't believe that advert on pre loved. Trying to sell the poor little ******s. Her accomplices helping her to try and offload them needs a bloody stern talking too as well. Poor poor ponies.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
The problem is Mel, that while those photo's are tugging at our heart strings we absolutely can't get involved by either buying these poor creatures or providing grazing. Any form of help will enable these people to justify purchasing more poor ponies :(

Lets hope that the agencies are working hard behind the scenes to facilitate a rescue sometime soon.

Totally agree. Unfortunately it's a cruel to be kind situation. My idea would just be to go over there and kick the living S H I T out of the deluded tart.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I contacted Wendy at Hillside on 15 April when this all first kicked off, pointing out that this bunch of crazies were suggesting they had Hillsides support. I got the following reply on 8th May.

"Sorry not to have got back to you before re Jackie and Ruth Winston Jones. They are not part of Hillside at all. I have just spoken to Jackie on the phone and offered advice with the ponies she has taken on. I do understand there is a lot of talk re her rescue, but it is not something I have got involved in. We would hopefully be there if anything goes pear-shaped for the ponies she has. I hope this explains and thank you for contacting us."

Looks like their advice hasn't exactly been taken.:(

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Right I have actually phoned hillside as I had a conversation with Wendy there last time who told me she was monitoring it. I have just spoke to her again and she asked me to send her the link to this thread. Anymore pictures please post them! She is going to contact jackie tonight.

Didn't see this post when I posted, it seems Wendy has done a lot of talking to jackie but not much has been done about the state of the ponies.

AmiRobertson

Visit site
Whether or not Wendy can do anything at least it's another person aware of it. The more people kick up a fuss the more they can be helped but not only that this woman needs to be made an example of! She isn't the only person out there treating animals so appallingly but they do it because in reality there is no consequence for them.

indie999

Visit site
People like this are conveniently thick. Probably knows the system better than the system.
We have too many systems and no action until it gets dire. It has to get bad before anyone can take action. Seems these people have proved themselves in utter contempt of keeping any animal in any manner they see fit to suit their own ends surely?
How do they get away with it?

Amaranta

Visit site
God alone knows, but she sure does know how to work the system, pretty sure she does not work, someone said 'through depression', not sure how true that is but if it is true, you can bet your bottom dollar she is on benefits.

Although she does run a dog boarding business and breeds lots and lots and lots of dogs, chiwawahs (sp?), shepherds and I think boxers.

She did run a wedding dress business which went t*ts up and left a lot of brides minus their money and their dresses.

Google has not been her friend.

Oldenburg27

Visit site
Difficult to blame beeston, although I can understand how you feel. Their job is to sell for the vendor, not vet homes. Blame those who put bin-end ponies through auctions rather than do the decent thing by them. Oh, and those who breed willy-nilly to make a profit with no regard for the state of the market or what they are breeding.

I understand some of the 'rescued' mares are probably in foal again...

I not fully blaming Beeston but I made them aware of these people months ago as I know someone who works there they could have stopped her buying from the get go or could have capped her buying had pictures all the info they needed .. Think that's why im pissed :mad::mad: And the 20th of June has turned out not to be my day :/ !!

Last edited:

ozpoz

Visit site
I don't think being thick or depressed is her issue. Just lacking any compassion or basic human decency, to the extent that she can shut her eyes to the suffering caused by her own actions.The woman is a nasty con artist by the look of things.:mad:

Poor ponies.

Em123

Visit site
My twitter going mad this morning! Tweeted it to Laura Collett and at least 15 RT's from that so far. Will keep spreading the word!

AmiRobertson

Visit site
Two of the made in Chelsea lot have retweeted one of the images since 150 people have retweeted the image several people have tweeted the image at the RSPCA asking why nothing has been done! If Simon cowell retweets me this could go viral! And it's only 7.30am I tweeted the images at around 40 celebrities last night

Em123

Visit site
Ami I followed you! I stole your RT idea! Bored in the car now so will try get some racing people to RT!
If Simon cowell RT's that would be amazing!
Shame that we have to bully the RSPCA to take action!

indie999

Visit site
I don't think being thick or depressed is her issue. Just lacking any compassion or basic human decency, to the extent that she can shut her eyes to the suffering caused by her own actions.The woman is a nasty con artist by the look of things.:mad:

Poor ponies.

I agree but some ailments are convenient as its a good sympathy vote to get people to donate? Look poor animals and poor me. Oh no poor me. If she is not a charity she should be shut down. Is she a registered charity taking donations? Tax office and benefits etc would like to know. If she is advertising for sale on preloved on a regular basis where does the profit go then. Tax man.

Do the horse welfare folk know then? What are they doing about it? The auction must have details of the purchases they make = profit for sale? Tax man/Social?

Ladyinred

Visit site
Two of the made in Chelsea lot have retweeted one of the images since 150 people have retweeted the image several people have tweeted the image at the RSPCA asking why nothing has been done! If Simon cowell retweets me this could go viral! And it's only 7.30am I tweeted the images at around 40 celebrities last night

I haven't got and dont understand Twitter but I know enough to realise this is amazingly good news. Well done Ami!!