Rolex Kentucky XC Results

Tinkle

Visit site
"Eventing Nation has confirmed that Oliver is conscious and not seriously injured and that he might be released from the hospital sometime soon.

More information later as we get it."

Ok..so I'm not even trying to revise...

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I did PMSL at good ol H&H's delicate phrasing...."Reports were that he was conscious and would have preferred not to take the emergency transport"

Only H&H can put it like that :D

Lucky, lucky man if all is well with him :)

Puppy

Visit site
It also says on william's website that if it's like oli he'll be riding tomorrow if he's allowed. I'd be very suprised if they let him though as he was knocked out.

Yes, I thought the rule was that he wouldn't be allowed to if he'd been knocked unconscious. Can someone with more knowledge of the rules confirm if that's the case?

Puppy

Visit site
Can anyone comment on whether the rules would actually allow him to ride tomorrow? I take it from WFP's comment, and others, that he was indeed knocked unconscious, so can he still SJ?

Ignition

Visit site
If the Doctor passes him as fit then yes he can. All depends on the head injury sustained really. He wasnt KOed for very long at all judging by the video, so i'd say he's got a good chance.

Puppy

Visit site
If the Doctor passes him as fit then yes he can. All depends on the head injury sustained really. He wasnt KOed for very long at all judging by the video, so i'd say he's got a good chance.

Oh that's good news. I was under the impression that, under the current rules, if they were knocked out at all, or suffering concussion at all, they were banned from competing for quite some days.

It also sounds like (to be moving around so soon), Oli doesn't even have a broken rib/collar bone etc, which is a flipping miracle with how awful that fall was. I do hope he doesn't suffer any whiplash either, as I've had that in my neck and shoulders for many months now and it really does make wearing a riding hat unbearable, and takes a horrendous amount of time to get over. I expect Oli may be v black and blue in the days ahead, but fingers crossed that's all he suffers from. At least he had already withdrawn from Badders.

stroppymare153

Visit site
from FEI rulebook.....

4.2 ACCIDENTS INVOLVING ATHLETES - The following will apply to all registered athletes taking part in FEI Eventing competitions:
1. UNCONSCIOUSNESS AND/OR CONCUSSION: In the event that When an athlete has an accident that results in unconsciousness and/or concussion, the athlete must be automatically disqualified from the competition and is ineligible to take part in any other test or competition at the event.

..... will be interesting to see what happens.

katie4002

Visit site
From SportingLife this morning...

British Equestrian Federation performance director Will Connell said: "Oliver should be released from hospital in the next hour.

"And the indications are that he has been cleared to ride (ODT Master Rose) tomorrow, subject to how he feels.

"We have a physiotherapist with us, and Oliver will be assessed in the morning. He is a tough and competitive rider."

katie4002

Visit site
all the reports I've seen have suggested that ACM is ok, I also wondered as in the video after the fall it looked like he wasn't putting much weight on one of his forelegs...

alwaysbroke

Visit site
That fall looked horrendous for both horse and rider, thought the same as Katie about ACM, horse looked really shaken and didnt seem to want to weight bare.

Totally amazed that Oli is discharged, even if cleared to ride he must must still feel c*** after that fall, I know he is a tough cookie, fingers crossed for him.

SJFAN

Visit site
American websites are not likely to have updated info for a while as they are 5 hours behind BST. Oli's website says he was up and around but kept in hospital overnight.

katie4002

Visit site
The final horse inspection is due to take place shortly (12.00 our time), so I'm guessing there will be some kind of update at that stage. We'll know then if he's withdrawn ODT MR at any rate!!