Second weekend of August plans!

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Really feel for you HP. The effort you're putting in will get the rewards eventually am sure. Eventing (like horses generally) is tough alot of the time so have to take the positives where you can. My first horse that went Novice took time to get going XC (and later on SJ when had fixed the XC....(!)), when she did - she flew and never ever thought of saying no again. Think it was a combination of things that resolved through a mixture of accident and design. She progressed from 90 to Novice in one season once we had clicked into gear.

If you ever fancy exploring over this way, happy to join in a group hack over our mountains. You could always play in our (fancy new) arena before /after if you wanted to for a change of scene. I can take the sane one rather than the lunatic. One or both of yours if your mum fancies it too.

We'll be at Llany both days so will look out for you there. You can and will do this :cool:

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Really feel for you HP. The effort you're putting in will get the rewards eventually am sure. Eventing (like horses generally) is tough alot of the time so have to take the positives where you can. My first horse that went Novice took time to get going XC (and later on SJ when had fixed the XC....(!)), when she did - she flew and never ever thought of saying no again. Think it was a combination of things that resolved through a mixture of accident and design. She progressed from 90 to Novice in one season once we had clicked into gear.

If you ever fancy exploring over this way, happy to join in a group hack over our mountains. You could always play in our (fancy new) arena before /after if you wanted to for a change of scene. I can take the sane one rather than the lunatic. One or both of yours if your mum fancies it too.

We'll be at Llany both days so will look out for you there. You can and will do this :cool:

Ah thank you that’s very kind, if I can get a free weekend I’ll take you up on it!

I do feel that once she ‘gets’ it she’ll ace being an eventer ?. She really felt like she was enjoying herself, I just lacked enough control to get her focus, combined with the softest fall ever was just unfortunate...

I’m sure Tuffy will sort us out lol.

Roxylola

Visit site
Aw thanks, hes certainly got scope. We had a ride round kelsall farm ride this morning, some nice little ones there for us to get the hang of galloping over which was great