Shall I???

Paint Me Proud

Visit site

hiddle_zpsrt9ds4po.gif

twiggy2

Visit site
Buy a gorgeous blue and white 4 years old cob with a temperament to die for. Hoys potential. Hunted to date and was well behaved. Very tempted! but he is £5250! is this too much? how do people manage with 2 horses? x

Actually the post was about having 2 horses!!! I only posted him as I was asked to!

Nope you asked about buying this particular horse, comments have been negative but as always you ignore those, i never understand why you post for opinions

hihosilver

Visit site
Nope you asked about buying this particular horse, comments have been negative but as always you ignore those, i never understand why you post for opinions[/

I did post a picture and ad but yes I have my heart set on him. I am taking opinions on board but as Amymay said I wont know until I see him in the flesh and will be going next week to see him.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Me neither tbh, as they clearly aren't really wanted.........again.

ozpoz I have been judging from the stood up unsaddled pic for confo.

AdorableAlice

Visit site

I am feel quite embarrassed at the suggestions that my thoughts are required. But here goes.

If his temperament is as advertised, he will fetch a decent price. He is not a cob, show or otherwise, if he had his mane on he would be more attractive and he will certainly measure out of weight classes. He would be too light of bone as a maxi. Personally I like him, he looks like he could do every job put in front of him. At riding club level he could be successful and give lots of competitive fun.

The overbent and pushed onto his forehand is fixable. He is worth viewing and he won't be on the market for long, especially if he hacks out in heavy traffic without batting an eyelid. Photos are of course, misleading, are his front feet flat/low heeled ? and below his knees look suspect.

Assuming he was four this summer, he is guaranteed to grow on and fill out. If the OP wants a useful allrounder he is well worth a visit. If he was an Irish import he could have hunted as 3 year old, that is normal in Ireland. As always vet him well and pay what you consider he is worth.

hihosilver

Visit site
I am feel quite embarrassed at the suggestions that my thoughts are required. But here goes.

If his temperament is as advertised, he will fetch a decent price. He is not a cob, show or otherwise, if he had his mane on he would be more attractive and he will certainly measure out of weight classes. He would be too light of bone as a maxi. Personally I like him, he looks like he could do every job put in front of him. At riding club level he could be successful and give lots of competitive fun.

The overbent and pushed onto his forehand is fixable. He is worth viewing and he won't be on the market for long, especially if he hacks out in heavy traffic without batting an eyelid. Photos are of course, misleading, are his front feet flat/low heeled ? and below his knees look suspect.

Assuming he was four this summer, he is guaranteed to grow on and fill out. If the OP wants a useful allrounder he is well worth a visit. If he was an Irish import he could have hunted as 3 year old, that is normal in Ireland. As always vet him well and pay what you consider he is worth.

Thank you so much Alice- I have just emailed you as well. I will go and see him and take it from there.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
He was on Graham Norton last night. Very funny guy.

Crazy brave to do an impression of de Niro with the man himself sat right by him!! :eek3:

Yes and I have reported this

Jesus, for what, exactly? How utterly ridiculous.

My horse is about as safe as you can get without having an automaton. He went through the kevins when 7, as I recall, nothing serious. I certainly didn't pay that kind of money for him. Safe does not have to mean stupid money, which is what they're asking for this horse.

hihosilver

Visit site
Crazy brave to do an impression of de Niro with the man himself sat right by him!! :eek3:

Jesus, for what, exactly? How utterly ridiculous.

My horse is about as safe as you can get without having an automaton. He went through the kevins when 7, as I recall, nothing serious. I certainly didn't pay that kind of money for him. Safe does not have to mean stupid money, which is what they're asking for this horse.

its not about the money if he is what I want he will be worth every penny. Thanks for your comments.

siennamiller

Visit site
please dont take this the wrong way but OP you clearly want to buy this horse as you are dismissing all the negative comments on here, so why did you ask? If you like him that much go and see him and buy him. If you dont mind paying over the odds and he ticks all your boxes (once you've viewed him, ridden him, had him vetted etc) then go for it.

^^ this,

You've asked for advice, but you are dismissing all the negative comments.
If you want him, then go and see him, and buy him.
Let us know how you get on.

hihosilver

Visit site
^^ this,

You've asked for advice, but you are dismissing all the negative comments.
If you want him, then go and see him, and buy him.
Let us know how you get on.

I will let you know. I think what Alice said has been far the best post on this thread and a opinion that I really value.

Leo Walker

Visit site
If your buying him because hes bombproof, dont! I have a bombproof cob. As a rising 3yr old I had to walk him across a dual carriageway to bring him in. So stand, wait for a gap, walk across, stand in the middle with 70mph lorries going by, walk across the next bit, get to the yard. Never had an issue other than a bit of a row one day about trying to snatch grass while we were waiting. I walked him up to a combine when the fields were being harvested, walked him up to huge trucks and heavy machinery fitting new water mains. Didnt bat an eyelid! Literally couldnt have cared less.

As a 5yr old, hes a knob! Still safe enough to do pony rides for my 11yr old niece, because fundamentally hes a nice boy. But hes also a teenager and is push, push, pushing the boundaries. Its nothing any competent person couldnt cope with,, but my god its wearing! I have no doubt he will come out the other side an absolute superstar (so long as I keep him in check) but quite honestly its like wranglng an angry rhino most days! We are ok as I have all the time i the world to deal with it, but I really wouldnt want another horse waiting in the wings. I've lost track of the times we popped to the yard to sort him out quickly, but instead its turned into a protracted session of minding your manners!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
OP I am no conformation expert etc...he looks "ok" to me but on a personal level he would have to have alot more wow about him for the price. I'm afraid I would pay even half of that for him, but that's me.