Shocked and heartbroken

PurBee

Visit site
Thats so tragic, im so sorry. We never can imagine our young ones to suddenly go on us, but the only grace is, it was quick for her.
She was a gorgeous mare, try to focus on the wonderful memories to help you through the coming days.
I hope you have support and can give yourself time to come to terms with such a shock. Thinking of you, big hug x

Ceriann

Visit site
So terribly sorry that must be such a shock for you. Never easy to lose them but especially when so young.

alibali

Visit site
I'm so very sorry for you. Having been present when a horse was I riding out with did exactly the same thing I know how traumatic it will have been for both you and your freelancer.

It might put your mind at ease to know I'm certain the horse I was with suffered very little if at all. He seemed more surprised and confused than in any pain and had gone before we had any time to react. He had not been pushed hard during the ride, there was no sweat on him. He was pm'd and his aorta had ruptured, the vet said it was simply a ticking time bomb and could've given way at any time. They also said there was no way we could have known and even if we had known nothing we could've done to prevent it happening.

I only say that as it's human nature to wonder if it's our fault in some way or if there was something we could've done to prevent it, it's not and there wasn't. RIP Fizz

onemoretime

Visit site
My beautiful girl Fizz was out hacking with the freelancer who has been working with her when she started staggering and calling. The freelancer managed to get off her before Fizz collapsed on the grass verge and died within seconds.

She was only just rising 7 and it was so unexpected. I can't believe she has gone and so quickly and unexpectedly, the vet thinks that she probably burst a blood vessel. The local farmer brought her home and her companion was able to see her, she is now alone and I have contacts out finding me a companion for her.

RIP Fizz, you are going to be very much missed.

View attachment 72960

So very very sorry to read this. What a nasty horrible shock. Big hugs to you.