Shocked at H+H advice not to wear too much hi-viz

monkeybum13

Visit site
do you think Frank would mind if we went for this sort of look?

A%2Bdoodle%2Bpoodle%2BCreative%2Bdog%2Bgrooming%2Bcraze%2Bhits%2BBritain%2Bwith%2Bfirst-ever%2Bshow%2B4.jpg

BRILLIANT!

Marydoll

Visit site
I met him once. Well, someone literally dressed as him, giving away free sweets to children from a bucket in the street.

My daughter was under two, in her pushchair. She actually didn't know what sweets were yet, and when BB loomed over her, bearing down on her with a bucket, she screamed and screamed and tried desperately to scrabble out of her pushchair :eek::eek:

I wheeled her away, distraught. It was ages before she stopped crying and calmed down. :(

So, I think you can say we definitely saw him. :D:D:D

:D:D:D:D ha ha, love it

PucciNPoni

Visit site

A%2Bdoodle%2Bpoodle%2BCreative%2Bdog%2Bgrooming%2Bcraze%2Bhits%2BBritain%2Bwith%2Bfirst-ever%2Bshow%2B4.jpg

Hahaha, I know that exhibitor (Heidi Anderton of Absolutely Animals down in London). She'll perhaps find it amusing that her photo made it on to a non-dog grooming related forum ;)

Parker79

Visit site
This thread has gone truly mad! loving the dog....made me snigger lots! I want to borrow a poodle now so I can spray it lots of colours!!!! and of course cover it in hi-vis!

Littlelegs

Visit site
They can't be expected to apologise yet cc. All too busy flogging their hi viz on eBay so nobody mistakes them for nervous novices.
In fact, I might ditch my hat from tomorrow, in 19yrs of riding my 14.2 I've never had a fall hacking her that my hat has saved me from, not fallen off her hacking since my teens & even then involved being bareback. And the looney drivers I've met weren't cos they hadn't seen me. Therefore, my risk assessment means neither hat nor hi viz are required. That way all the locals will be able to clearly recognize my superior riding skill & confidence. Just off to have a bonfire with daughters body protector, hat & hi viz, I'd hate her friends to think badly of her riding.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
The irony is that they presumably depend on the income from all the advertisers on here and in the mag who are trying to flog all us numpties the various bits of equipment (including hiviz at the top of this page;)), rugs, feed, supplements, boots and everything else with which we mollycoddle our horses - I wonder how happy the advertisers would be now? :confused: Biting the hand that feeds perhaps :p

touchstone

Visit site
I have to agree that H+H's response was pretty abysmal, more a 'we are right and you are all wrong' attitide.

Any good business person knows that if you don't listen to what your customers have to say and respond accordingly then you are on a pretty sticky wicket.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Sooo, if a hi viz jacket/tabard is woefully insufficient, what exactly should the responsible road rider be wearing ?

Are we talking about rider in jacket, fluorescent chaps and whip, hat band and gloves with the horse wearing hi viz exercise sheet, leg wraps, bridle/rein/chest attachments, tail guard combined with flashing lights in stirrups, boots,arms, hat and horse's rear ?

Should it be all one colour or pinks/yellow/orange combo ? How much Bertie Bassetness is correct ?

monkeybum13

Visit site
Sooo, if a hi viz jacket/tabard is woefully insufficient, what exactly should the responsible road rider be wearing ?

Are we talking about rider in jacket, fluorescent chaps and whip, hat band and gloves with the horse wearing hi viz exercise sheet, leg wraps, bridle/rein/chest attachments, tail guard combined with flashing lights in stirrups, boots,arms, hat and horse's rear ?

Should it be all one colour or pinks/yellow/orange combo ? How much Bertie Bassetness is correct ?

I think the main point people are trying to raise is something on horse AND rider so that each could be seen if they become separated for example vest on rider and leg wraps on horse (although personally I use more)

daydreambeliever

Visit site
I always wear a hi-vis coat or vest, however until i filled in a survey last year for bhs my horse didn't, but although i don't have plans to part company with my horse i now make sure that he wears a hi-vis beast strap.
In my opinion the people that don't feel the need to be seen are probably the same ones that drive around the countryside without a thought for anyone else and feel equally immortal in their 4x4s as they do on horseback.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I just am very suspicious those lit up Christmas trees are doing it more for a fashion parade than actual safety .

LMFAO Fluorescent went out of fashion in the 80's:rolleyes: (you know when you used to wear one fluorescent pink sock and one green.....I know you did there is no denying it)!;)

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I think the main point people are trying to raise is something on horse AND rider so that each could be seen if they become separated for example vest on rider and leg wraps on horse (although personally I use more)

Ah, I was wondering after having read this thread.

If general concenus of opinion is that no Bertie Bassetness is too much and that we should all be riding covered head to foot in various colours and with lights aflashing, then I agree with the remark made in HH.

Perhaps these could be made in yellow, might have a problem with midges and bees though.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-coloured-suits-cover-equine-contenders.html

Ladydragon

Visit site

Errrm... :eek: My pooch just ran for the hills... :D

I thought most hunters did their fittening work on the roads?

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested in this lady, who rode from the Skye to Smithfield Market in London, right through the city :D

http://www.ride-for-research.org/12.htmlt

I have nothing but admiration for what they've achieved on todays busy roads and all for charity too. :)

Fascinating reading... Thanks for that link... :)

I'd rather look like a tw*t riding on the road than a tw*t dead on the floor!

Summed up rather well in one sentence... :)

This thread has gone truly mad! loving the dog....made me snigger lots! I want to borrow a poodle now so I can spray it lots of colours!!!! and of course cover it in hi-vis!

That did make me laugh... *resumes hunting for runaway fluffy dog*

Note to self: Hi Viz collar... :D