Shocked at Musto using real fur on equestrian jackets

MagicMelon

Visit site
No real place for a coyote trimmed jacket in the UK market then is there. We don't exactly have "extreme weather"
I wouldn't want to be supporting a company who thinks it's acceptable to use fur so will be avoiding musto products going forwards.

Same here. I like Musto stuff but will avoid them in future knowing the use real fur. I also didn't know that's how they got down feathers, again horrifying so I won't be buying another feather filled jacket (only got one). Horrid.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Down feathers are acquired in a lot of different ways, from dead birds, harvesting during natural moult, or plucking being some. Musto don't seem to say where their's are sourced from.

Tally-lah

Visit site
I haven't read all the replies so may be going off on a tangent here. I am also a vegan (as a lot of other posts have said). I don't actually have a problem with eating animals, using their skin/fur but I do have a problem with the amount of waste and disregard for life that modern cultural attitudes towards animals have. I would eat meat if I was prepared to catch and slaughter it myself, in as humane way as possible, but as I am not prepared to do that, I wont eat it or wear it - I have great respect for those who can/do. What drives me crazy is people who profess to be animal loves but hide from the fact that they're eating animals or refuse to buy it from ethical sources because of "the extra cost".

I think our attitudes towards animals sucks and needs to radically change, I don't like the idea of fur lined coats but I don't like the idea of McDonalds or KFC any more/less either, but people seem to have less of a reaction to them!

RaposadeGengibre

Visit site
Maybe, if you don't know how to dress for it. And I live up a hill in Scotland, which does cold and wet on a much larger scale than much of England. I have no need to wear dead dog to do my horses or to go spectate at a local event. I've no need to wear down plucked from live animals either (ftr I find the down issue worse than the fur). I have been in -20 to -30 C and its a whole other ballgame but there's no need for fur here. There are excellent technical fabrics and wool clothes that are perfectly good for UK weather.
Fur is a different 'deal' to me than leather, wearing fur and people seeing fur can create a demand for fur (any sort of fur as the general public is not generally very discerning) There's very little 'good' fur farming in the world.

I lived on the continent most of my life with winters -20-30 as normal, not just have been and wearing hat only when T was going down to -30. So I do know the difference. And I do know why people choose natural fur.

Personally, I wouldnt wear coyote as it hardly has any quality (its a scruffy dog after all) but dont understand all this hoo ha around it. The animals will get killed. End of it. Instead of fur being buried, burned...whatever they do with it, it gets used.
If musto didnt specify how exactly they are killed, that I would say, so some really touchy soul cant accuse them of "how dear you go in such grim details".