Should have been going to camp weekend plans

Roxylola

Visit site
And obviously we still aren't going anywhere. I've got Friday and Monday off work though so gives me chance to catch up with some jobs (clipping yay /sarcasm)
And more hacking which would be more fun if it wasn't a choice between tarmac and mud ?
I might push the boat out and go to the feed merchants as well
Beat that for thrills ?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Ooh exciting stuff Roxylola! Milliepops I hope the horspital trip goes as well as possible. TFF I'll look forward to a hacking report ? AE what a good pony, naughty board!

I've no riding planned this weekend but going up to see share horse and do jobs. Feeling a bit sad because I am thinking of bringing the share to an end.

The Mary Wanless book I ordered has arrived so will have a read of that and see if I can find some good online horsey videos, maybe Miri Hackett as I like her stuff on Instagram.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Tried to video test for E Riders and this happened....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will try again Saturday. And jumping lesson Sunday - if the jumps stay up!
What a good pony!

Bernster

Visit site
Yawn! Same old same old. Hey ho.

Need to get my lorry battery replaced as it’s kaput. Filming online test hopefully on Sat. Most exciting thing I do right now outside of riding is visit the tack shop and plan what to have for dinner! But very glad to have the riding though.

Don’t feel able to plan any outings as all too uncertain but aiming to step up pole work and jumping so we’re not too rusty when we are let loose. Haven’t jumped for ages! I am expecting a huge amount of activity when we are allowed out, with all that pent up excitement!

FourLeafClover

Visit site
Lesson tomorrow night - yay!
Saturday I’m at work all day - not yay.
Sunday is looking sunny - hoping for a hack around the farm ride - yay!
Monday - off work because of working Saturday - yay!
Hoping for a more positive Boris update next week so spring and summer plans can tentatively start for everyone ?

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I was supposed to go to a SJ comp on Sunday but the forecast is for very hot weather so I sadly canned that idea. Shame because I was really looking forward to heading out to do something, but the forecast is being stubborn.

Instead I'll just at home today or tomorrow and enter a different comp instead. Henry will be getting stretched as per physio instructions and I might do a bit of groundwork, but thats it for grand plans.

have fun all

Marigold4

Visit site
Weather is looking much better after today. Youngster has had 5 months off. This weekend we start gearing up to ride again in the hope that arenas will open soon and the ground will dry out. Ground is still very mushy so moving fence posts around to create a 20 x 40 arena on grass for the spring. Might also add to the excitement by going to the feed store! Yay

oldie48

Visit site
Rose is off games. She came back into work after HA injections looking fab, super lively though, did three days quiet work then came out of her box with a fat hock. Fortunately nothing to do with injection but very stiff initially and warm. She's been seen by the vet who thought she'd knocked herself and I have found a tiny scrape on the inside of the hock. She's was sound pretty quickly but still has a little swelling just on the inside of her hock so I'm being super careful and continuing with the hand walking several times a day and using the ice hock boot. Thankfully the team at her yard are great so she's getting out of her box four times a day but she's still a bit squeaky to walk out. I am dreading her first turnout, think she'll need some sedation! Darn horses.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
More hacking, more schooling, also need to go to the feed merchants
1f602.png

We have a new bounce / pole exercise we're working through so will try and get some footage if the weather plays ball:
151887255_1531014450417743_4483372909477148022_n.jpg

J&S

Visit site
We had a good hack on Thursday, now I have a rider for companion pony we are stretching the boundaries! Today and Sat not good forecasts, Sunday family birthday. Monday looks good for more hacking. The companion pony is entered in an International Online Trec comp and we need to do a test each month, I only really have next Mon and Tues to get it done, looks to be a window in the weather. Just hoping the ground holds up enough. Luckily our Team entry with more experienced pony is all completed.
Hope every ones (exciting?) plans come to fruition.

TheMule

Visit site
Rain and wind are stopping play here, hopefully it will settle over the weekend so I can get the 4yr olds out for their first ride and lead of the year- I've started them back in the arena this week and they have been super.
I jumped the ginger drama queen on Wednesday and she was super, but she's bulging a bit through the right shoulder and not always landing on the right lead, which is her weakness, so whilst she's trotting totally sound, I'm going to give her a quiet week in case there's something a bit sore

Michen

Visit site
Thought I’d mix it up and ride Bear but lead Bog this morning.

Look at the face on the miserable g**, the result of him being led (and therefore having to stay slightly behind) rather than ridden. He kept his ears flat back the entire way ?. Was absolutely livid!

Poor Bear ?

Alibear

Visit site
Finally managed a quiet ride this morning, first time in a few weeks between weather , builders and upset horse due to the change in routine. I'm hoping to manage the same tomorrow as then we can start progressing again but we'll see. There's a teeny tiny chance that Daisy might come home this weekend too, but its more likely to be the following one, weather permitting.

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck with the scope MP!
Sorry to hear about Rosie Oldie :( I hope she's fully sound again soon

I feel like my reports are on a three week loop - schooling, postpone a dressage lesson due to snow/ice, have postponed lesson... We're on week 3 so postponed lesson tomorrow. The weather looks pretty damp and windy, which is always fun on the side of a hill in an arena full of jumps. Danny has been feeling relaxed and focused this week but seems to always show me up in lessons so fingers crossed.

He's also having today off as he had a sports massage yesterday (I was very jealous, I could really do with one myself). He clearly enjoyed himself! Sorry about the mud dreadlocks...

Hacking on Sunday and I also plan to take 4yo Chilli for a walk up the road and start to build his hoof strength and a bit of fitness. He's looking very well despite just being on grass and hay so I'll also talk to the yard owner about him joining the bay boys' fat club come spring (Danny, Pocholo and a NF pony are the current members).

humblepie

Visit site
Think today and tomorrow may be days off looking the weather. Did ride yesterday but so windy and we have jumps in the arena which blow over - what a good pony doing that dressage test. We did a real life one (yes really) just before the first lockdown and it was howling a gale, the arena boards were moving in the wind - our free walk was a little cautious as I held on the reins just in case! Managed a good long hack one day during the week and weather looks more hopefully Sunday and Monday, so may try to do a half day holiday Monday. Hope the poorly ones are fine.