Should novice riders be banned?

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I'd kill for last night's take away this morning...

Not that I had a takeaway last night, but one can dream!

Here you are then.... A spoonful of rogan josh, half a chicken vindaloo, a naan with a couple of bites out of it, and a greasy dhal.
Enjoy!

Shani

Visit site
Unfortunately there are bad riders who have had horses for years and think they now all, I have been riding for quite a lot of years in 65 now and I have learnt more in the last 3 years after having a big gap in owning a horse, about positive training listening to your horse, spend time on ground, dont lunge, long line instead, using core, I ride bitless, barefoot and follow Mary Wanless, I'm always learning, there is new research, unfortunately some just rock up tack up and ride and that's it no real interaction, overweight riders on smaller horse is a problem, I know someone who said she bigger horse to carry her weight as she tucked in to her 3rd chocolate bar !!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Teaching riding well on a live horse is perfectly possible .
I think stimuaters might well make the situation worse , they do have a roll in perfecting technique in people who already ride .
The problem is the poor quality teaching at many riding school where beginners are taught by people will no formal training in how to teach, many things drive this problem but mainly that the market wont support the cost of providing a top notch job in most places .
No amount of box ticking exams will make things any better .
I am gald I am not starting out now it’s so much harder .

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I think stimuaters might well make the situation worse , they do have a roll in perfecting technique in people who already ride .

I am alarmed at the suggestion of bringing stimulators into the teaching of riding o_O

You see, Goldenstar didn't advocate using stimulators for beginners, but just as an aid to get you there if you've already started.