Show me where you hack - Is mine the best in the world?!

Wobblywibble

Visit site
For ten months of the year I live in Hong Kong and there is very, little hacking out there too. I work a lot on dressage and schooling with the odd show jumping. Alas, no hunting, cross-country, team chasing or beaches to rider here.

When I lived in Hong Kong, we hacked out all,over the place, though tiny Chinese villages and paddy fields, over huge mountains up to the catchments (huge open concrete drains) which we galloped alongside, into the no mans land near the border anda best of all up to hidden rock pools where we would tether the ponies to the trees, slide down the bank and swim. Then get back on soaking wet and be dry before we got home. We could also hack to the jockey club and ride round the edge of the golf course. Lo Wu had regular cross country events and it's own course, plus the course at Beas River which we scrambled round on 12hh ponies as well as mad TBs. On Boxing Day there was a hunt where everyone and I mean everyone who had a horse, got together and chased after someone on horseback dressed as a fox, flying over the cross country jumps as a pack, followed by a HUGE party. Every summer we used to take the polo ponies to Tai Lam reservoir for a week's holiday, camping outside the drug correctional centre, highlight of which was galloping bareback down the river bed to Castle Peak and straight into the sea. But different now I guess mill reef?

tye_bo

Visit site
Wow, so envious of these pics. The hacking off road is few and far between here (North Derbyshire). A few bridle tracks but miles of roads to get to them. It sucks really because the peak district is so lovely but not great for hacking near me.

Toffee44

Visit site
Sorry everyone I have the best hacking in the whole world :p I live in the new forest :D I havn't ridden on a road in over a year :D

This is a video which shows some of my hacking. It's pictures taken from a sponsoured ride I did on Lucy in 2010. That was before I lived in the forest but now this is where I hack all the time :D

[youtube]t2f4hVdMyak[/youtube]

I feel so lucky to live where I do :D

When I get my trailer the nutter Samba and Horrid Herbie are going on a date. :)

Elsbells

Visit site
Sorry everyone I have the best hacking in the whole world :p I live in the new forest :D I havn't ridden on a road in over a year :D

This is a video which shows some of my hacking. It's pictures taken from a sponsoured ride I did on Lucy in 2010. That was before I lived in the forest but now this is where I hack all the time :D

[youtube]t2f4hVdMyak[/youtube]

I feel so lucky to live where I do :D

Oh Laura, wasn't she lovely. This brought a blub from me:(