Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

only_me

Visit site
Has anyone ordered from them?

I ordered the socks in Early June and still haven't recieved them, the 1st parcel got lost in the post and they have told me that they have posted a second set but they still haven't arrived.

Has anyone else had any issues?

only_me

Visit site
Oh i didn't realise that :( I have been having problems trying to contact them and all I want is a parcel tracking number!

jenylou

New User
Visit site
Hi I am just wondering if you ever received your rug as I have been waiting since the 9th August on mine despite emailing, facebook pm, calling I have still not received the rug

I am not thinking of taking further as this is terrible service and if you go on their facebook page it is all positive feedback and if you post "just checking to see when I will receive my rug paid for over 2 months ago" they delete your post!

I am now at my wits end and was so looking forward to receiving my rug!

LeannePip

Visit site
Hi I am just wondering if you ever received your rug as I have been waiting since the 9th August on mine despite emailing, facebook pm, calling I have still not received the rug

I am not thinking of taking further as this is terrible service and if you go on their facebook page it is all positive feedback and if you post "just checking to see when I will receive my rug paid for over 2 months ago" they delete your post!

I am now at my wits end and was so looking forward to receiving my rug!

i had wondered whether this was the case - i have them on facebook and all the reports are glowing! which cannot be true! sorry but no i havent ordered anything from them so woudlnt know!

jenylou

New User
Visit site
I know its a nightmare and £200 out of pocket they even tried telling me they had ben replying to endless emails but it turns out there is another person with my name in New Zealand and they have been replying to the other person (hardly unlikely as you hit reply to the email you are in!!) I don't know where to go from here apart from contacting trading standards or similar as it appears lots of other people have had problems with them too yet on fb it is glowing reports of happy people

never had just poor customer service in my life

HihoGinger

Visit site
There were a series of less than complimentary threads on another forum I use.
One of the posters is a member here. I'll point her in this direction...

Capriole

Visit site
I had this with another company, i went into my bank and explained the details, and they made me an appointment with the Fraud Dept. (Company had my money, I had no goods, they weren't answering my calls/emails...). When I let the company know this and that I had gone to Trading Standards, they refunded me.

MissChaos

Visit site
Utter muppets from the state of some of the 'information' on that site.

I like the inference that they have tons of 'consultants' working off a single mobile line (and it's going to be a single line) so you might not get a reply immediately because they're 'extremely busy' - not because there's a couple of them working from home. I also liked 'Please do not contact us via the company facebook as this is not a safe system and is not managed by a consultant.' Would love to know who it IS managed by, in that case. And I'm just positive discouraging people from contacting you via social media has nothing to do with queries like those on this thread.

No refunds available, no registered address given on the site. Never mind Distance Selling Regs, then.

Directors
JESSICA JANE CLARKE
Pound Farm Edwyn Ralph, Bromyard, Herefordshire, United Kingdom, HR7 4LU

ANNIE VICTORIA BROWN

Domain details

Registrant:
John Maddison

Registrant type:
UK Individual (nope)

Registrant's address:
14 Pankhurst Place
STANLEY
Durham
DH9 6XH
United Kingdom

jenylou

New User
Visit site
I have actually just got off phone with consumer direct who have given me advice so going to put in writing to them asking for money back. I had already emailed them to say that I would be going to trading standards re them as after searching on the net it appears there are many of us who have had problems with them and the company director emailed me back saying she does not like me threatening her staff with action. I informed her that maybe if they replied to my emails/calls I would not need to say I was going to trading standards

HihoGinger

Visit site
Utter muppets from the state of some of the 'information' on that site.

I like the inference that they have tons of 'consultants' working off a single mobile line (and it's going to be a single line) so you might not get a reply immediately because they're 'extremely busy' - not because there's a couple of them working from home. I also liked 'Please do not contact us via the company facebook as this is not a safe system and is not managed by a consultant.' Would love to know who it IS managed by, in that case. And I'm just positive discouraging people from contacting you via social media has nothing to do with queries like those on this thread.

No refunds available, no registered address given on the site. Never mind Distance Selling Regs, then.

Directors
JESSICA JANE CLARKE

ANNIE VICTORIA BROWN

Domain details

Registrant:
John Maddison

Registrant type:
UK Individual (nope)

Registrant's address:
14 Pankhurst Place
STANLEY
Durham
DH9 6XH
United Kingdom

Here are your "consultants"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-Customers-chomping-bit-horse-onesies.html

9tails

Visit site
Holy Cr@p! I love brightly coloured rugs but my horse would kick my head in if I tried to dress her in those! Which is a stroke of luck as I doubt one would ever turn up judging by this thread.

jenylou

New User
Visit site
lol very true but when you get fb emails it is from the consultants, when you call and leave message the person who calls you back only answers the phone and when you threaten to go to trading standards its the company director who emails you back personally asking you not to speak to her "staff" in that tone!

Should start up a facebook page for those who have had poor service seen as their own page is glowing reports on their products. I have also had to laugh in the past when they state next day dispatch yet I have been waiting over 2 months for mine!

HihoGinger

Visit site
lol very true but when you get fb emails it is from the consultants, when you call and leave message the person who calls you back only answers the phone and when you threaten to go to trading standards its the company director who emails you back personally asking you not to speak to her "staff" in that tone!

Should start up a facebook page for those who have had poor service seen as their own page is glowing reports on their products. I have also had to laugh in the past when they state next day dispatch yet I have been waiting over 2 months for mine!

Seems like they may have multiple personality disorder too!
I have a feeling there actually was a FB page set up. Not sure if it still exists though.

Capriole

Visit site

There was one. "I've been ripped off by..." I think it was called. It was a busy page. No, its gone I think alliersv.

jenylou

New User
Visit site
I am a very patient person and really wish I had googled them first but I saw it on facebook and thought it was a great idea for keeping my grey pony clean overnight for shows (no more poo stains!!) but I am going to take this further and I am going to print off all the various posts from people on other sites re the service and send that to trading standards as unless you google them you only get good comments from their facebook page and website. Also apparently they are breaching trading standards by not putting a valid telephone number and address on their website I had to get their address from company house.

HihoGinger

Visit site
There was one. "I've been ripped off by..." I think it was called. It was a busy page. No, its gone I think alliersv.

I thought so. I bet it was heaving lol.

I am a very patient person and really wish I had googled them first but I saw it on facebook and thought it was a great idea for keeping my grey pony clean overnight for shows (no more poo stains!!) but I am going to take this further and I am going to print off all the various posts from people on other sites re the service and send that to trading standards as unless you google them you only get good comments from their facebook page and website. Also apparently they are breaching trading standards by not putting a valid telephone number and address on their website I had to get their address from company house.

I'll pm you..

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
How these are still trading is beyond me. Shame H&H gave them publicity for their 'onsies' as sure that lead to countless more people being ripped off by them.

Follysmum

Visit site
I had a rug from them that was so shoddy it was not fit to put on a horse. I sent it back, they said they would re alter to make it fit. 6 weeks later nothing, eventually they sent another rug as they could not find mine !!! it was an awful fit and all the work was so shoddy again, all mix matched bits of material. Awful people and should never be allowed to trade.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
i also had an ill fitting rug (after weeks of chasing, being told it had been sent, etc). The neck hole came all the way back to half way along his back!! the fabric stretched ridiculously and was just generally poor. Not as bad as their customer service though. I still have the abusive pm i got on Facebook after i dare write on another forum about the bad service i received. Unfortunately a moderator of that forum at the time took it upon himself to remove mine along with a lot of other peoples comments after taking Shwmae's word for it they were trying hard to rectify their service!! Shame as would have saved a lot of people being ripped off had they been able to find it off a google search. And low and behold 2 years later all the same problems re delivery (or lack of!), FB comments being deleted, poor customer service and poor service are all still a regular occurrence!

only_me

Visit site
Just seen this - no, I never received them. They were also very annoyed that I posted publicly on here and don't appear to be able to handle bad press! After a few well worded comments I left on their facebook page I did manage to get a refund (and funnily enough, all comments I made have now been deleted!) however within days of getting my refund funnily enough they did say that they managed to "find my socks" and if I still wanted them...
I declined ;)

Post does get lost in the post sometimes, yes but when you cannot supply me with the tracking number of the courier you used or a receipt of posting if using standard parcel post then I highly doubt that they were sent at all. If they had said a 3 month waiting list then that would also be fine at least I was aware of the time scale.

I suppose I was just so annoyed that I was being lied to constantly and was not given a straight answer. If you haven't posted them then just tell me so! They also tried to blame the fact that they were having trouble locating my parcel (when it was "lost") is because I live in Northern Ireland... funnily enough nobody else has problems delivering to me!

They have a lot of positive press on their facebook page and I would like to hope so, as these people have actually received products from them and they do look like good products.
The customer service is appalling tbh I found it very difficult to get hold of them (no one has no access to phone/email service for over 9 days these days) and the replies I received through facebook messaging were not always the most professional.

I hope that they get better as I think they have great potential but need to either have a stock base and an improved website or they will continue to get bad press. They also need to take a few lessons in business and communications as well as at the end of the day, the customer pays the wages and if the customer ain't happy then the business doesn't get paid!

Last edited:

Dr_Horse

Visit site
I ordered from them. Received a couple of items. Very very poorly made!!! Half the order was and still to this day is missing and I've just given up hope!!!! Never again!!!
It got lost in post 2nd parcel in post oh wait look here not packaged or sent!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.