Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianhorse

Visit site
I've said before I think to take monies but not provide goods is fraud

To make people retract comments in order to get their goods is blackmail.

Both fall under a criminal category imo

Visit site
Very, very good points, PE. :) However, for any of your suggestions to be of benefit to the company they would have to be taken on board. Sadly, I don't think it is likely, because that in itself would require the company to be run by adults, rather than petulant children - which is the impression I have gained from reading the awful responses to paying customers both on here, and their 'professional' (very loose term, there) FB page.
Totally agree. They need to publically state they are taking no orders for a week while they sort out the outstanding orders. make a public apology and ask customers with issues to come forward so they can try and save their company. Its the only way forward for them and im not even sure this will be enough for the customers that have been let down over christmas .

honetpot

Visit site
The more I think about it I think this is a stalling technique, they are still making some money, although the horse world is not small they are a small fish and not enough people until now have put up a fight, so they have increased their profit for no effort and the company goes bust when things get too hot. Of course it will be all our fault. The money paid to them has gone somewhere, we need a good accountant.
Its a good idea to pay tax or it looks fishy, just not as much as you should do.

Last edited:

babymare

Visit site
But molliesmum people are out of pocket. some by alot of money and if this isnt stopped more would follow. There are some good points being made and company are not helping themselves. Could you stand to lose £200 + ? . If only way this is rectified is by people banding together ok . Sorry i hate bad customer service and loathe companies taking money under false pretence more :)

khalswitz

Visit site
This seems to be getting WAY to out of hand, give them a break guys

Not being rude, but why say this is out of hand? Stripping back all the speculation, there is evidence that Shmwae have taken orders and not provided goods on a reasonably large scale. There was also screen shots of a refund being offered if negative feedback was removed. Factually, both of these actions are illegal, and if tree is sufficient evidence on the scale of the lack of supplying products, the easily classifiable as criminal rather than civil. That is fact, not conjecture.

They are at the very least breaking online sales legislation, without everything else. They do not deserve to be given a break until they make up for this. Good service like you have received should be a given, not a lucky draw.

MadBlackLab

Visit site
Not being rude, but why say this is out of hand? Stripping back all the speculation, there is evidence that Shmwae have taken orders and not provided goods on a reasonably large scale. There was also screen shots of a refund being offered if negative feedback was removed. Factually, both of these actions are illegal, and if tree is sufficient evidence on the scale of the lack of supplying products, the easily classifiable as criminal rather than civil. That is fact, not conjecture.

They are at the very least breaking online sales legislation, without everything else. They do not deserve to be given a break until they make up for this. Good service like you have received should be a given, not a lucky draw.

agree also screenshots of them threatening customers

babymare

Visit site
They have also been very personal towards "customers" MM if this was small thing it would have gone away but many people are angry no money no goods! Simple . I ask would you part with money and be happy not to recieve goods?

honetpot

Visit site
It needs an accountant to look at the accounts they file for the tax year 2012/13 and see if from they income they have declared and work out what the difference is, if any, taking into account the orders they haven't filled but have may have claimed costs for. If they have claimed for costs they haven't incurred that's tax fraud.

cptrayes

Visit site
This seems to be getting WAY to out of hand, give them a break guys

They have been doing this for two years or more Molliesmum. Do you really think that they deserve a break?

They appear to have made no effort to put anything right.

When they do, they will be given a break.

Renvers

Visit site
I'm inclined to think it's still civil, though the threats would be getting it into criminal...

Bexcy-bee x

Sending threats by text is considered the same as threatening calls and would be a criminal offence under the Nuisance Call Act - can be reported to police and Ofcom

Corner Mad House

Visit site
It needs an accountant to look at the accounts they file for the tax year 2012/13 and see if from they income they have declared and work out what the difference is, if any, taking into account the orders they haven't filled but have may have claimed costs for. If they have claimed for costs they haven't incurred that's tax fraud.

Does any body know a good accountant? All the info is there if you pay for it, but I wouldn't understand the intricacies.

Are they VAT registered? The Vat peeps are far more on the ball...

cross

Visit site
The companies last 2 years accounts are in the public domain and can be viewed on http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/shwmae-products/?x=ywhg3cg

There is a small charge to download the accounts (these are abridged accounts only) but both years show a substantial trading loss.

What is an interesting question is, why when people make a bank transfer for products from the Shwmae Products Ltd, that the account that they have purported to have paid into, is under the name of one of the Directors (see previous posts on this thread in relation to this topic), and not into the actual Ltd Companies own account.

In my own experience of having Ltd Companies, all goods and services provided by that company are invoiced by the Ltd company, and the customer/s in turn pay into the Ltd Company account and not account of of my own name - but this is just in my experience of having Ltd. companies.

PolarSkye

Visit site
The companies last 2 years accounts are in the public domain and can be viewed on http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/shwmae-products/?x=ywhg3cg

There is a small charge to download the accounts (these are abridged accounts only) but both years show a substantial trading loss.

What is an interesting question is, why when people make a bank transfer for products from the Shwmae Products Ltd, that the account that they have purported to have paid into, is under the name of one of the Directors (see previous posts on this thread in relation to this topic), and not into the actual Ltd Companies own account.

In my own experience of having Ltd Companies, all goods and services provided by that company are invoiced by the Ltd company, and the customer/s in turn pay into the Ltd Company account and not account of of my own name - but this is just in my experience of having Ltd. companies.

I had heard this before . . . and it made me sad . . . not to mention it's illegal. Like I said, I don't want the company to fail . . . but the way they currently operate, I'm not sure they should succeed.

It's all a bit pathetic . . . and it could be so very different.

P

MadBlackLab

Visit site

that's probably how she denies ever receiving payment cause it didn't go to company account

Cowpony

Visit site
The last accounts filed at Companies House were October 2012 (they have until July 2014 to file the October 2013 accounts so this is normal). They filed small company accounts, which means there won't be a profit and loss account even if you paid to download the full report. Tax returns are confidential so there is no way you can get those, even for a company.

PolarSkye

Visit site
that's probably how she denies ever receiving payment cause it didn't go to company account

Isn't it possible that there IS no company account? At the risk of making (erroneous) assumptions, it seems to me that the company is run by the seat of the pants of the two young women who own it . . . if the customer service/customer fulfillment/dealings with suppliers aren't above board and legit, why should we expect that the rest of the company's practices are? They don't list a trading address on their website (or at least they didn't until recently), there is no proper contact number listed on the website, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated customer helpline . . . it's all so shabby and half arsed . . . it feels and smells to me like two young women who saw a gap in the market, came up with a product that people would buy and then got in WAY over their heads . . . orders came in far faster than they could fulfill, and instead of thinking about future custom and how they could (and, frankly, should) service the customers who had already placed orders - which should have included not taking any further orders until they made and shipped the ones they had received - they kept taking orders they couldn't fulfill.

Result? Unhappy customers left and right.

P

Renvers

Visit site

Wouldn't this be considered asset misappropriation fraud (embezzlement)?

Status
Not open for further replies.