Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darremi

Visit site
I just wish that what they sent me had fitted my horse as she has terribly skin problems with flies over the summer. I ordered it in July with a 2 week delivery date, received it end of Aug, returned it for agreed alterations and got it returned to me without alterations in Nov. (Sorry to keep repeating myself). Since then I have received hassle and abuse.

Its nice to know that they can produce something that fits, maybe they should just stick to ponies as that is what they have and what they seem to be able to produce products for.

Can I recommend the Rambo Sweet Itchy hoody with matching mask? Gives great coverage from insects and might lighter weight than these fleecy things. Much better in summer.

Also, Protection Plus on the sores is amazing:

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Carr_Day_Ma..._find=128836&gclid=CJXBuNTC5bsCFbGWtAodpBoA1Q

cronkmooar

Visit site
Hmm, just out of curiosity MM, if MBL has made 200 posts on this thread, how many have I made? How many has LD made? How many as CPT made? How many has SoS made? (I could keep going here but wont). And does it make any difference if you have ordered from Shmwae or not? If so why does it make a difference?

You have made 177 posts in total on this forum since joining.

A quick look at your posts reveals that you offer very little contribution to anything other than this matter - quickly counting you have posted 12 times on subjects that do not involve this matter. So that will be 165 posts you have made on this subject.

Some of the other posters you mention are long standing members that contribute to the forum on a wide variety of subjects, which whilst I do not agree with the way some of them are acting on this thread, do contribute to the forum as a whole.

And yes, personally, I think if you have not ordered from this company you should not be posting derogatory comments about them.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Whether someone has ordered or not is immaterial, its in our best interests as equestrians to know about any equestran company who treat people poorly so as to avoid them

Sort of, but I would actually say that it is in the best interest for potential customers to be fully informed. They can then decide, with all the facts to hand, whether or not to purchase from the company. Otherwise if they only see the really positive stuff it is biased.

Molliesmummy

Visit site

A quick look at your posts reveals that you offer very little contribution to anything other than this matter - quickly counting you have posted 12 times on subjects that do not involve this matter. So that will be 165 posts you have made on this subject.

Some of the other posters you mention are long standing members that contribute to the forum on a wide variety of subjects, which whilst I do not agree with the way some of them are acting on this thread, do contribute to the forum as a whole.

And yes, personally, I think if you have not ordered from this company you should not be posting derogatory comments about them.

110% agree with this

Corner Mad House

Visit site

Gosh that's very good of you. I joined this forum specifically to raise the question of has anyone had bad dealings with Shwmae. My thread was closed after I used the F word, hmm not what you are thinking but the Fr..d word. Since then it has been used many times. This thread then took off and I must admit it does occupy an awful lot of my time. I look at other threads and occasionally contribute but as this one is close to my heart and has been going a little wild on posts I have little time for anything else ... Oh apart of course from sorting myself out to start court proceedings. :0

And I think anyone should be able to post an opinion on this forum, free country etc

shamrocky

Visit site
Oh I have just sent a message out, but you have made it a bit clearer, CMH had a bad experience, but it looks like 177 posts is a lot to explain one bad experience, and if someone hasn't had a bad time or even not bought or tried to buy something how can they get involved as they don't know the stuff or the company they are taking what other people say as they haven't delt with these people it looks like they are on here for the Gas ? Am I right ?

FionaM12

Visit site
As I am new to this site, I have read through as much as I can and can't follow most of it as there seems to be a lot of arguing going on and weird comments. what is all the fuss about can someone tell me please as I have a onesie for my pony.
I don't know these people I bought it from, I saw a pony with a onesie on at the Royal Welsh and that is why I ordered one and the woman who had it on her pony was pleased with it, I did have to wait a bit longer for it than I first thought but it has been really good especially after bathing ready for a show.
thanks

If you've bought a onesie, had it delivered and are happy with it, then that's fine, this thread need not worry you. :) The concerns are about goods allegedly ordered and not delivered, or not being as described. This doesn't seem to be your situation. :)

FionaM12

Visit site
Oh I have just sent a message out, but you have made it a bit clearer, CMH had a bad experience, but it looks like 177 posts is a lot to explain one bad experience, and if someone hasn't had a bad time or even not bought or tried to buy something how can they get involved as they don't know the stuff or the company they are taking what other people say as they haven't delt with these people it looks like they are on here for the Gas ? Am I right ?

If as you say you can't follow the thread, why are you now deciding to take issue with a poster on it?

Rather obvious stirring tactics, I'm afraid. :rolleyes3:

Corner Mad House

Visit site

177 posts are not just about one bad experience ... that would be really boring me thinks.

FB supplies quite a bit of fuel for discussion!

shamrocky

Visit site
Did you have a problem then ?and all the others did they have a problem and it looks like CMH is going to court, it must have been a lot of stuff so its sad that they had a bad time of it, did they not get there money or stuff ?
If you've bought a onesie, had it delivered and are happy with it, then that's fine, this thread need not worry you. :) The concerns are about goods allegedly ordered and not delivered, or not being as described. This doesn't seem to be your situation. :)

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Did you have a problem then ?and all the others did they have a problem and it looks like CMH is going to court, it must have been a lot of stuff so its sad that they had a bad time of it, did they not get there money or stuff ?

Suggest you read the thread and the associated threads if you are interested!

shamrocky

Visit site
I have been trying to but so much non proper info going on its hard to follow, ill give it a go but as the other one said I don't have a problem so won't bother I hope you all get what you need if it that serious the law will be on there side.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Can I recommend the Rambo Sweet Itchy hoody with matching mask? Gives great coverage from insects and might lighter weight than these fleecy things. Much better in summer.

Also, Protection Plus on the sores is amazing:

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Carr_Day_Ma..._find=128836&gclid=CJXBuNTC5bsCFbGWtAodpBoA1Q

Thanks for that. The Shwmae t/o isn't a fleece ... that said it would have been too thick for the old girl to have worn over summer. Does get sores, more in the line of allergic lumps, and chewed holes!! not nice, hence the desire to cover as much as her body as poss to protect her. At the mo I am feeling 'once bitten twice shy' ... no pun intended. Just cant face trying anything else, and then there is the cost when I am well out of pocket with a product that is totally unusable

shamrocky

Visit site
So does that mean that only certain people are aloud to speak that is not a fair way if it is for the public ? Why can't you ask questions I read the rules like it said and ticked the box, it said nothing about not being able to ask questions?

Jonesy

Visit site
Thanks for that. The Shwmae t/o isn't a fleece ... that said it would have been too thick for the old girl to have worn over summer. Does get sores, more in the line of allergic lumps, and chewed holes!! not nice, hence the desire to cover as much as her body as poss to protect her. At the mo I am feeling 'once bitten twice shy' ... no pun intended. Just cant face trying anything else, and then there is the cost when I am well out of pocket with a product that is totally unusable

Have you tried a boett? That's what I always used on my section a who had horrendous sweet itch. You. An very often pick them up from ebay for a good price. But I do highly recommend them :)

Venevidivici

Visit site
I'm detecting a familiarity in syntax and grammar here...just my opinion (and we're all allowed one-that's been banged out enough on here!;)). Could be wrong but that's all I wanted to say.
Over and out!;)

shamrocky

Visit site
Yes did you order a lot of stuff and not get it is that why you are on here a lot that was all I was asking and you said you were off to court so if its wrong you will win ! Is this what a forum is for to air your views? it is the first time I have been on one and I came on as I saw Shwmae and was interested as I thought it was advertising and was a bit confused when I saw all the different peoples comments and stuff did they all have bad experiences then like you ?

khalswitz

Visit site
Unfortunately if you question people on this particular thread you won't get a very nice reply, the rest of the forum in my short experience seems to be a much happier place.

As we have already discussed, there is asking a question, and there is demanding answers in a rude way. Especially on what is a very emotive topic for the people such as CMH who have lost a lot of money.

Rather than being negative towards the people who have had bad experiences, I would be being pleased that yours has been a good one, and be sympathetic as it could so easily have been the other way round with you looking for support.

jeeve

Visit site
I do think that a forum is a valid place to post a comment on a product, but if there is truly an issue, and rectification is required, then there are other more effective courses of action to follow than repeated postings. In my very brief reading of some of the posts it appears this action is being taken. Could this post be allowed to die. Occasionally a person with a perceived grief will abuse social media, not saying this is the case here.

shamrocky

Visit site
I was not answering in a rude way to anything and it looks like now I was lucky should I not buy anything else from them then have they gone bad ? I will stay clear if this is all true and go somewhere else do you think?

Molliesmummy

Visit site
As we have already discussed, there is asking a question, and there is demanding answers in a rude way. Especially on what is a very emotive topic for the people such as CMH who have lost a lot of money.

Rather than being negative towards the people who have had bad experiences, I would be being pleased that yours has been a good one, and be sympathetic as it could so easily have been the other way round with you looking for support.

If it was the other way around and I had a genuine case, I would be dealing with a lawyer and taking it through court. I would not come onto a forum and post 177 comments, it wouldn't get my money back.

Darremi

Visit site
Have you tried a boett? That's what I always used on my section a who had horrendous sweet itch. You. An very often pick them up from ebay for a good price. But I do highly recommend them :)

Agreed. The Boett is excellent. I just went on to use the Rambo hoody because it was much easier to get on and off as it is all one piece of material! To be fair there is a good selection of cheaper products on the market CMH. But try the salve, it's excellent :)

khalswitz

Visit site
If it was the other way around and I had a genuine case, I would be dealing with a lawyer and taking it through court. I would not come onto a forum and post 177 comments, it wouldn't get my money back.

Court proceedings are going ahead, and in actuality social media can be a very powerful platform for putting pressure on companies and for widening awareness of issues in general, so to be honest it's a very good use of the forum as a source of information and of support for those who may not know the avenues to pursue recompense.

And shamrocky I was referring to a previous post regarding a different user, as MM jumped on the bandwagon despite this having previously been discussed.

Last edited:

MadBlackLab

Visit site
I was not answering in a rude way to anything and it looks like now I was lucky should I not buy anything else from them then have they gone bad ? I will stay clear if this is all true and go somewhere else do you think?

from what I've seen there are genuire cases of happy customers as well as unhappy. If you have had a good experience with this company then maybe you will again but this decision is up to you but at least you can go ahead with an order understanding all the facts 9good and bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.