(slight) Lockdown lifting weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Er... hurrah...?

what have those of us not in the devolved nations got planned? any outings getting snuck in before the probable 2nd wave starts and we get confined again? and everyone else?

I have arena hire with Kira, whooo hoooo Words can't express how happy I am about the prospect of riding her somewhere she might actually be able to relax and do some proper work.
More home-bumbling with Darcy ;) playing with Pivo, and watching Salty's udder go up and down.

stay safe all, hand sanitisers a-go-go o_O

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Whoop, I AM going out in the box tomorrow! Whoop!
Just over to local farm ride to meet regular once a week hacking chum, no jumping but am so looking forward to actually going somewhere. ??
Saturday I've a flat lesson now booked in 1st thing at RC trainer's yard, only 3 miles away but I need to box there, especially as its 8.30 in the morning!
Sunday I will have probably expired...... ??

DirectorFury

Visit site
Have fun MP, TFF, Mule, and all those able to get out and about!

We're, to the surprise of literally no one, hacking ;). Mad is being very sweet and happy in herself at the moment and I'm only now realising how unhappy she was over the winter; there was a bit of herd dynamics nonsense which seems to have finally settled down so I wonder if it was that.

More walk and trot and working on maintaining a contact for us.

J&S

Visit site
A little more practice then filming Novice Western Trail Challenge. Really hope the traffic in the lanes doesn't start to build up with the slight easing of travel restrictions as walking the ponies out has been quite relaxing, especially letting them have a chomp on a grass verge
when its safe to do so. My field is parched and arid so "eating out" is a big treat!

milliepops

Visit site
very jealous of those lessoning, my trainer is not opening up until June and YO still objecting to outside instructors coming on site, ego bruised by the concept I think.

j1ffy

Visit site
If my loan horse has behaved for the sticky-bummed eventer I may hop on for a hack around the farm tracks. If he's a bit bouncy I'll do some ground work and let the eventer work off any freshness next week as well.

I may be going out in the lorry, but only to move furniture out of my partner's flat as he moved in before lockdown but we weren't able to go and clear everything out for fear of it being 'non-essential'!

Wheels

Visit site
Still locked down here so will video my sessions and have a go at some self critique!

My hip has been killing me the last couple of weeks and couldnt work out why until I saw last weeks vids and my awful chair seat. Quick change of padding to re balance the saddle and within a couple of days my hip is almost back to itself!!

Roxylola

Visit site
9 hours teaching over 2 days!
Saturday will be filming e-dressage and a hack with one of my owners kids, sunday possibly riding if I have the time and energy by then.
Working out a way of condensing lessons to 1 day a week and looking at insurance to go forward because a remarkable number seem to want to pay me to shout at them!

milliepops

Visit site
9 hours teaching over 2 days!
Saturday will be filming e-dressage and a hack with one of my owners kids, sunday possibly riding if I have the time and energy by then.
Working out a way of condensing lessons to 1 day a week and looking at insurance to go forward because a remarkable number seem to want to pay me to shout at them!
that's brilliant :) I used to enjoy teaching but I wonder how I ever fitted it in now o_O

Roxylola

Visit site
I am loving it, MP. Its been tough enough fitting it in with full time (45hour) work, with the start of arena hires and training for me I will have to work something out. And my house is getting dustier and dustier at the moment :p

Cloball

Visit site
A little more practice then filming Novice Western Trail Challenge. Really hope the traffic in the lanes doesn't start to build up with the slight easing of travel restrictions as walking the ponies out has been quite relaxing, especially letting them have a chomp on a grass verge
when its safe to do so. My field is parched and arid so "eating out" is a big treat!
What is a western trail challenge I'd you don't mind me asking. It sounds fun.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I've booked a trainer for Monday. Trying a new one to see if we can have a little more fun and be a little less serious. Lockdown has made me realise I had the mix wrong, life's too short.

Wheels

Visit site
I've booked a trainer for Monday. Trying a new one to see if we can have a little more fun and be a little less serious. Lockdown has made me realise I had the mix wrong, life's too short.

have fun! is that the trainer we discussed?

Roxylola

Visit site

Ooh exciting, I love having a lesson with new eyes! I've got a lesson booked in for the following weekend and I'm super excited for that.

Bernster

Visit site
Remind me, which side of the horse do you get on ? ?. That’s about my level right now.

I do fear there will be a 2nd wave pronto and we’ll all go back in our caves. I’ll kick myself for starting so slowly, but it’s a slow return to riding for me this week. We can have 1 weekend slot of 1.5 hours which is a bit Tight time wise but it’ll be nice to have a potter about during the day time. Not sure about hacking though as the local forest I think will be rammed! Plus I’m a really social rider so I struggle to get motivated when I’m going solo.

milliepops

Visit site
I do fear there will be a 2nd wave pronto and we’ll all go back in our caves.
this is why I am cracking on this weekend, I am pretty desperate for a bit of a boost and all the more so if we get locked down again. I was out at the same hired arena the Saturday before lockdown and that feels like a lifetime ago now. Luckily our yard didn't close or impose any restrictions so i've been able to keep the horses in work.

Roxylola

Visit site
Remind me, which side of the horse do you get on ? ?. That’s about my level right now.
Honestly, I get on or off whichever is most convenient- first time I rode supercob I got off the "wrong" side, he looked round at me in shock and sort of nickered to himself - it disturbed him deeply but hes used to my antics now ?
I suspect you're right about a second wave but right now I'm making the most of it all

blodwyn1

Visit site
I am still rehabbing after my bad fall last june. Today i managed to get back on and be led on a hack for an hour in walk. I really struggled to get off and can hardly walk now! My instructor is starting back on monday and will be hacking the pony out. I am struggling to cope with how disabled i am now, i have to be led as i lack the strength in my arms and legs to be in control.

Last edited:

J&S

Visit site
Hallo Cloball, I am lucky enough to keep my ponies at home, my retired competition pony (small horse) and her ex RS companion. So to wile away the lock down time my friend sent me some plans of competitions from The Alternative Equine Club. I watched her You Tube films and thought if I can actually manage to get a video on You Tube doing the competitions would be something to aim for.
So, so far since joining we have had a Horse Agility competition and this Western Trail challenge. Western Trail is a series of moves over poles, through gaps/gates and exercises backing up and moving sideways. The novice level is not too complicated, quite short so no need to remember too much but it does engage the brain of myself and the ponies. Also I think the moves improve flexibility, obedience and muscle tone in unridden horses/ponies. I set it out on a flat area of the field with whatever I can find to hand and that in itself gets the imagination going, especially for horse agility! I can assure you what we do is a long way from the glitzty cow girls on their beautifully turned out but completely dead looking horses in the USA that you will find on You Tube. It is suitable for any size, age, type of horse or pony. If I get brave I will put a link to this month's effort after it has been judged.

thommackintosh

Visit site
We were meant to be over in Ireland for a friend's wedding tomorrow. And well, that's been postponed to September (fingers crossed). I never cancelled my annual leave, so I spent today lifting Harry's stable mats to clean underneath them (horrid job) and washed down the walls in preparation for painting his stable tomorrow.
Had a jump this evening, working towards doing a skinny without wings - such a good lad. A day off for him tomorrow, with a mix of hacking and flatwork on Sat/Sun.

Wheels

Visit site
I am still rehabbing after my bad fall last june. Today i managed to get back on and be led on a hack for an hour in walk. I really struggled to get off and can hardly walk now! My instructor is starting back on monday and will be hacking the pony out. I am struggling to cope with how disabled i am now, i have to be led as i lack the strength in my arms and legs to be in control.

So sorry to hear of your difficulties. Must be very tough

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Going to be trying this bit on my five year old who has never been happy with a bit in his mouth. I need to find one of we are going to do dressage competitions, this must be the 30th one I've tried. It's a lot stranger shape than it looks, very bent forwards but also with a big upwards port.

bombers-bit-happy-tongue-loose-ring-bits-bombers-bits_1024x1024.jpg